Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:31:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bear Market take 2: red candles STILL haunt my dreams.....  (Read 1964 times)
evolve (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:20:48 PM

I took a couple week break from BTC trading, and it looks like I missed the slaughter of the bulls.  Undecided

I haven't been watching the news, but it appears multiple exchanges have halted withdrawals, and there have been trade anomalies on other exchanges as well....am I missing anything? Anyone want to sum up the current situation?

The next few weeks should get interesting, to say the least.  Whats your plan?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pera

Activity: 532
Merit: 261

­バカ

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:24:32 PM

plans? well, I will start buying as much as I can, that's my plan

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
Kramerc

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:25:00 PM

plans? well, I will start buying as much as I can, that's my plan

I was just about to post this. Exactly this. Buy as much as I can, for as long as I can.
evolve (OP)

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:26:55 PM

Be careful, its always dangerous to try to catch a falling knife.
Nathanael_

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:04:46 AM

Disclosure: I am SHORT BTC

We are crawling down, but not without a fight. So many people don't give up the chance to get "cheap coins"

I find the knife catching quick and hard. Cats bounce as high as where they were dropped.

I don't blame them though. I have no doubt that when this bear run is over, and the community gets some technicals sorted out, we really will start to head towards that moon.

MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:11:12 AM

We are crawling down, but not without a fight. So many people don't give up the chance to get "cheap coins"

I find the knife catching quick and hard. Cats bounce as high as where they were dropped.

I don't blame them though. I have no doubt that when this bear run is over, and the community gets some technicals sorted out, we really will start to head towards that moon.

Disclosure:

If you are short Bitcoins, despite how well your trade performs, there is a good chance of the exchange you are shorting on (Bitfinex/BTC-e) going down and taking all your capital with it.

It seems that this protocol issue 'unique to MtGox, has 'spread'. Bitstamp and BTC-e are now 'affected'. I say that there is going to be one hell of a shit-storm ahead and a lot of people are going to be much poorer one way or the other by the end of it.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:18:27 AM

Disclosure:

If you are short Bitcoins, despite how well your trade performs, there is a good chance of the exchange you are shorting on (Bitfinex/BTC-e) going down and taking all your capital with it.

It seems that this protocol issue 'unique to MtGox, has 'spread'. Bitstamp and BTC-e are now 'affected'. I say that there is going to be one hell of a shit-storm ahead and a lot of people are going to be much poorer one way or the other by the end of it.

Either that or in February of 2015 we will all be able to look back at the events of this month and think, "If only I would've been able to predict just how high the price would be today..."

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:20:34 AM

Planning on buying at 80% discount rates. Have the fiat waiting!  Grin

- aka The "DigiMan"
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:21:32 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 04:33:00 AM by TERA

My current position is something like this:
45% fiat on exchange
25% fiat in bank account
20% btc on cryptsy to trade altcoins
10% cold storage

In light of the recent exchange issues and the sheer terror I felt during that flash crash, I am going to have to move more fiat out of exchanges and into bank account and then only send fiat back to the exchanges once the chart has turned unquestionable bullish. I may miss out of buying the lows here but it is my only option to mitigate risk.

As more trading indicators go positive, I will buy more btc and send them into cold storage and cryptsy.

The price is putting up such a fight going down now that it seems more productive to trade dogecoin on cryptsy than to trade usd. This is a win win because it allows me to increase my btc without risking being stuck in fiat if the train takes off. As I realized during the flashcrash, if btc were to really collapse it is likely the exchanges would probably run with my fiat anyway.

Hmm that begs a question: I wonder what bitcoiners have more negative sentiment towards: USD or dogecoin?
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:00:03 AM

Disclosure:

If you are wrong will you quit posting forever?
Yololintian

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:19:47 AM

Disclosure:

Is it actually possible to short btc on btc-e? I thought bitfinex was the only exchange that let you do that.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 06:21:12 AM

Disclosure:

Smiley
We already block most forms which can be blocked, this was a change in bitcoin 0.8 (that was, in fact, causing withdraws delays for mtgox because they produced transactions with invalid encoding).

The recent flood of transactions use a pushdata change. A patch to block it was written in September 2013, but didn't make it into the codebase until today. If your node is running git bitcoin, just update and you'll have it.

MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:51:45 PM

I can't be wrong. I never said 'will', I said a 'chance'.

These two exchanges are infested with way more thieves and sharks than the likes of Bitstamp, which is perhaps why it was those two that got the $100 plunge. Was that massive sell-off real Bitcoins or 'double entry' exchange Bitcoins as per malleability issues? I don't know, and neither do you before you start parroting exchange and Bitcoin dev press statements like the unthinking parrot idiot that you are.

Of course, the exchange most affected by sharks and thieves, and perhaps even run by them is MtGox, and we all know the story there.

I will repeat windjc, you really are a complete idiot. Probably the least original and closed minded thinker on the whole forum. A prole. A peon. An idiot. I am at least right about that, if not about the surety of Bitfinex and BTC-e.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: