Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:33:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the bitcoin reach $10000 one day...?  (Read 1172 times)
freebitcoinwin (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:27:32 PM

Your opinion
Sheldor333

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:40:23 PM

Well I would like to say sure, but I am not so sure. If it survives next couple of years then yes.

duhosnyul

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:34:55 AM

If dollar crashes I see a big rise in bitcoin price.

Energycoin. eD5Kv8NxNAgge58bbyJfZpANDDJg2G7uid
Freebiescoin- Free Distribution
FCsxVbuZzEekqY9q9voNZHps7fnqndRfuF
btcmania

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 02:45:15 AM

Never.

Hi.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:11:43 AM

$10,000 - yes.

But not in the near future. Need to get rid of Gox first, (btc-e as well probably), and get some professionally run exchanges going. Plus have thousands of 2-way BTC ATMs round the globe.

Couple of years would be my guess.
ndrmutz

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:16:29 AM

Yes, it will pass $10,000, but I can't tell you exactly when lest I get droned.  Never forget that BTC are constantly being destroyed as holders of them die, forget passwords, watch as their disk drives die, or whatever.  I cannot quantity this but it's certain to be happening.  As the number of users rises the rate at which coins die, never to be resurrected, will surpass the quantity created via mining.  Therefore the total quantity of BTC will begin to decline.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:34:15 AM

Yes, it will pass $10,000, but I can't tell you exactly when lest I get droned.  Never forget that BTC are constantly being destroyed as holders of them die, forget passwords, watch as their disk drives die, or whatever.  I cannot quantity this but it's certain to be happening.  As the number of users rises the rate at which coins die, never to be resurrected, will surpass the quantity created via mining.  Therefore the total quantity of BTC will begin to decline.

You've obviously never heard of hardware wallets like trezor. Nobody will be using software wallets in 12-18 months time. Won't eliminate "bitcoin loss" completely but will go a long way to reducing it. Might like to check how it works:

http://www.bitcointrezor.com/faq/

They will have several competitors in 2014. Everyone knows storing bitcoins on virus-infected PCs is a weakness of the current bitcoin ecosystem.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:14:49 PM

You've obviously never heard of hardware wallets like trezor. Nobody will be using software wallets in 12-18 months time. Won't eliminate "bitcoin loss" completely but will go a long way to reducing it. Might like to check how it works:

They will have several competitors in 2014. Everyone knows storing bitcoins on virus-infected PCs is a weakness of the current bitcoin ecosystem.

Those hardware wallets are cool of course, but why do you predict no one will be using software wallet 1 year later?
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:17:38 PM

Those hardware wallets are cool of course, but why do you predict no one will be using software wallet 1 year later?

I'm sure the hardware wallets will have there problems too. Those things are expensive as well.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:51:07 PM

Because software wallets have a host of problems that hardware wallets solve. A hardware wallet is like a dedicated offline computer, which is exactly what people need to run safe wallets. I bet you 99.9% of software wallets running today are on computers connected to the Net. With software wallets, you have to constantly worry about malware / trojans / keyloggers etc.

The thought of losing / corrupting / having their wallet stolen puts lots of people off using bitcoins. And so it should.

Maybe the 1st Gen hardware wallets won't solve all security issues, but they will reduce bitcoin loss substantially.

As for price, it will be a very competitive market. There is no reason to think hardware wallets won't be knocking around for under $100 in 2014. Heck, you can build a functioning bitcoin ATM machine for a couple of hundred bucks. There is no reason for hardware wallets to be expensive.
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 06:00:06 PM

Everyone In this community/forum wants to see that day, btc can reach to 10k$ one day , there is a thread about reaching to 1k which was created few years ago , at that time many said " NO " or " NEVER " but now BTC already crossed 1k mark few months ago.. now we are talking about 10k so this time no one will say " NO " atleast I'm not gonna say it.

howzar

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:56:07 PM

Only time will tell!
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:38:45 PM

Because software wallets have a host of problems that hardware wallets solve. A hardware wallet is like a dedicated offline computer, which is exactly what people need to run safe wallets. I bet you 99.9% of software wallets running today are on computers connected to the Net. With software wallets, you have to constantly worry about malware / trojans / keyloggers etc.

The thought of losing / corrupting / having their wallet stolen puts lots of people off using bitcoins. And so it should.

Maybe the 1st Gen hardware wallets won't solve all security issues, but they will reduce bitcoin loss substantially.

As for price, it will be a very competitive market. There is no reason to think hardware wallets won't be knocking around for under $100 in 2014. Heck, you can build a functioning bitcoin ATM machine for a couple of hundred bucks. There is no reason for hardware wallets to be expensive.
You want to tell me that the hardware wallet runs secure on an infected system, even with a keylogger installed?

Besides Bitcoins I own 5 other alts. Against theft and fire I have distributed my backups to at least one other location. Hence I will for sure use software wallets in 1 1/2 year and much longer. Security is never easy.

ndrmutz

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:22:01 AM

You've obviously never heard of hardware wallets like trezor. Nobody will be using software wallets in 12-18 months time. Won't eliminate "bitcoin loss" completely but will go a long way to reducing it. ...

... Everyone knows storing bitcoins on virus-infected PCs is a weakness of the current bitcoin ecosystem.

I don't follow your logic re: my alleged ignorance of hardware wallets, given my initial statement.  Nevertheless it's irrelevant to my argument because unless the loss rate from using HW <= 0 the total quantity of BTC will still eventually begin a decline.

I'll agree that storing wallets on "virus-infected PCs" is a bad idea.  So don't do that.  But it's hardly something that _everybody_ knows.
cryptoball

Activity: 3

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 01:38:51 AM

Your opinion

I'm not seeing it on my ball
FIgHungger

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:36:22 AM

my time is valuable if you want investment advance pm me and we can work something out Tongue    lol
joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:14:18 AM

It can be more than $10k this year

Bitcoin USD price 2014 estimate

2009: Started 0.0, ended 0.01
2010: Started 0.01, ended 0.30 ( 29x )
2011: Started 0.30, ended 4.72 ( 14x )
2012: Started 4.72, ended 13.44 ( 1.84x )
2013: Started 13.44, ended 750 ( 55x )
2014: Started 750, ended ?
if:
(5x ) 3,750
(10x) 7,500
(20x) 15,000
(30x) 22,500
(40x) 30,000
sanjoea

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 06:12:25 AM

If it goes with the current trend definitely it won't reach 10000 position

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
hostmaster

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 06:15:50 AM

Yes why not as long as Goverments make it legal.
nasamanBoy

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:36:57 AM

So by what  as can be seen   over recent months should reach and more...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: