Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:48:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-wide DDOS attack - NOT GOX SCAMMING!  (Read 4009 times)
thelema93 (OP)

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:35:56 PM

OK it's final, the recent halt of BTC withdrawals at Gox is not some kind of troll-inducing paranoia conspiracy plan to steal everyone's coins as so many people on this forum claim.

And here is the FINAL PROOF: http://www.coindesk.com/massive-concerted-attack-launched-bitcoin-exchanges/

A massive DDOS attack involving malformed transactions can effect some older bitcoind clients. So all the big exchanges are temporarily halting BTC transactions so they can make sure the bug is fixed.

"I would expect to see withdrawals flowing again within 24 and 72 hours, and in the meantime, any withdrawals that were cancelled will reappear in customer account balances,” Antonopoulos explained.

In a week or 2 times this whole thing will seem like it never happened.

MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:46:27 PM

How well has your wishful thinking served you up until now?

Will it be different this time?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:48:48 PM

I can't answer for the OP, but my wishful thinking (if you want to call it that) has served me wonderfully.

I sure hope it won't be different this time.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
thelema93 (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:44:34 AM

"me being me" !!!! LOL you can talk!

My analysis serves me very well thanks. And on top of that I can actually read articles.

MatTheCat

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:48:46 AM

My analysis serves me very well thanks. And on top of that I can actually read articles.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

As I predicted 2 days ago - the BTC price is normalizing around $700. It will do that until October when it will rise to $5000 +

Would Bitcoin nose diving down to $530 be part of that 'normalising' process......before it shoots up to 5k?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:50:28 AM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

As I predicted 2 days ago - the BTC price is normalizing around $700. It will do that until October when it will rise to $5000 +

Would Bitcoin nose diving down to $530 be part of that 'normalising' process......before it shoots up to 5k?

Again, the reason there was a drop for $530 was because of FUD
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:57:15 AM

Again, the reason there was a drop for $530 was because of FUD

Been hearing this shit all the way down from $1000.

FUD combined with the fact that Bitcoin is wildly overvalued....

.....and now, apparently has some entity out to fkn nail it, and doing a pretty good job so far.

Lloydie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:26:44 AM

Mat's just some poor kid living pay check to pay check, hoping to buy cheap coins.  The problem will be fixed because it has been identified as a transaction id problem.  There will be a software fix followed by a protocol fix a few months down the track.

As for the DDOS spamming, that is easily fixed as it has been in the past. Keep hoping Mat.   Smiley
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:35:14 AM

So how much do you have on gox? Sorry for your loss and all that, but you appear to be hyperventilating.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 01:36:12 AM

Question needed to be asked: ->

#when bitcoin was spreading network it was 100% sure that there are going to be attacks, bad news, bitcoin trolls, price rise and price drops etc.

if someone though that using bitcoin will be totally safe, perfect and will never suffer any trouble was crazy at the beginning.

There are going to be more attacks, someone will lose bitcoins, some exchange crash, blockchain will vanish, hell know.
Just relax.

And ask yourself:
Do you want to use Bitcoin.
Do you see better future with Bitcoin.
Does it changes so much economy around whole globe for better?
It will change banks strategies! At last! (^%#@ banksters)
It is fast!
It is cheap!

It's great for you, for me, and for others who live better life because of Bitcoins!

So maybe would be such a great thing if haters became users and panic makers will just think about Bitcoin as a CRYPTO CURRENCY that you can use to pay for something in a very cool and fast and great way!  

Bitcoin is future of monetary system.
We can not lose it Smiley

Ok. I am not drunk and I stop now.

Cheers!

This is XXI century. We are in the Internet. We are the Internet. Why not make this place better !!! BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:41:09 AM

Registered a few days ago....and already shilling for MTGOX. Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

thelema93 (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:20:03 AM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Yes! Well done.

bitcon
Legendary

Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:24:49 AM

i have more faith in the security of my bitcoin wallet than the credit cards in my physical wallet. seems like every few days you hear about hackers stealing a shitload of CC and personal info stored on some corporate server.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 07:30:35 AM

The problem will be fixed because it has been identified as a transaction id problem.  There will be a software fix followed by a protocol fix a few months down the track.

As for the DDOS spamming, that is easily fixed as it has been in the past. Keep hoping Mat.   Smiley

done

We already block most forms which can be blocked, this was a change in bitcoin 0.8 (that was, in fact, causing withdraws delays for mtgox because they produced transactions with invalid encoding).

The recent flood of transactions use a pushdata change. A patch to block it was written in September 2013, but didn't make it into the codebase until today. If your node is running git bitcoin, just update and you'll have it.

RicePicker

Activity: 216

RicePicker

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:31:15 AM

i have more faith in the security of my bitcoin wallet than the credit cards in my physical wallet. seems like every few days you hear about hackers stealing a shitload of CC and personal info stored on some corporate server.

To bad your CC company will refund you 100% of the time and the authorities will make an attempt to catch the thief. Security is only one aspect of bitcoins. When you actually start using it daily to buy things rather than storing it in a cold wallet then say you have more faith in the security of your wallet compared to your CC. How many people in world have credit cards/ how many exist? When you hear CC and personal info being stolen compare that to the percentage of bitcoins that have been stolen or hacked?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid! =D
thelema93 (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:39:06 AM

The point of this thread was to make it clear that the recent turmoil is not due to Gox wanting to scam everyone as so many people think.
The coinbase article makes it clear that their really is a vulnerability which will be fixed soon.
Everything else is FUD

creekbore

Activity: 210

Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:30:30 AM

The point of this thread was to make it clear that the recent turmoil is not due to Gox wanting to scam everyone as so many people think.
The coinbase article makes it clear that their really is a vulnerability which will be fixed soon.
Everything else is FUD

Did you read this?

http://falkvinge.net/2014/02/11/the-embarrassing-fact-mtgox-left-out-of-their-press-release/

"Markets always move in the direction to hurt the most investors." AnonyMint
"Market depth is meaningless" AdamstgBit
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 01:01:47 PM

Everything else is FUD

Did you read this?

http://falkvinge.net/2014/02/11/the-embarrassing-fact-mtgox-left-out-of-their-press-release/

a good news Smiley

Carlos-e-spectra

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:04:08 PM

nice
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW