Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:49:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just sold my bitcoin...  (Read 5080 times)
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:07:52 AM

Shit this is that classic thread that indicates a floor has been hit. i was really hoping for cheaper coins.

You said less than a week ago that Bitcoin was going to do nothing but trend at $800.

(you were proven wrong within 3-4 hours).

What he said has nothing about his previous predictions to do
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:08:53 AM

Shit this is that classic thread that indicates a floor has been hit. i was really hoping for cheaper coins.

You said less than a week ago that Bitcoin was going to do nothing but trend at $800.

(you were proven wrong within 3-4 hours).
Not all of my posts are to be taken seriously, including the one you are quoting. I was making jokes about 800 because we had bounced back to 800 5 times already and I was getting sick of it.
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:09:32 AM

Don't listen to the echo chamber; no one has ever gone broke by locking in profits.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 12:11:43 AM

Don't listen to the echo chamber; no one has ever gone broke by locking in profits.

probably greatest line of advice this year
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:16:40 AM

Who says the OP can actually lock in profits at these prices? Tongue

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:37:47 AM

Lock in profits in what currency? Yeah, you made few more monopoly bucks and meanwhile lost the only real money you had.
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:45:30 AM

True, but cmon, it's just one fella sold his coins. you need a larger measure of sentiment. 500 is still in striking distance just by correction.

vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 12:47:32 AM

Lock in profits in what currency? Yeah, you made few more monopoly bucks and meanwhile lost the only real money you had.

well, the last position I closed I did by paying off the monopoly money margin and keeping the remainder Smiley
evolve

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:50:58 AM

I'll take USD over BTC any day of the week.   In fact, the only use I have for BTC is as a speculative tool to grow my USD.    
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:52:17 AM

well, the last position I closed I did by paying off the monopoly money margin and keeping the remainder Smiley

Using margin for the least amount of time is generally the right thing to do. One needs very good reasons to deviate from this.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:53:41 AM

I'll take USD over BTC any day of the week.   In fact, the only use I have for BTC is as a speculative tool to grow my USD.    

Funny, I only have fiat for (relatively) short term liquidity. It's like a leaky balloon being passed around a crowd and you want to hold it the least amount of time possible.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:58:55 AM

+1
Last time I checked USD didn't lose 40% since December like bitcoin did.

USD doesn't really have any value. It's only useful because most of the world hasn't figured this out yet. Pssst don't tell anyone Wink
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:59:01 AM

+1

USD didn't net you a return of 500% over a few months either

The bears are clearly getting delusional
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:59:33 AM

+1

Perhaps you should check USD against bitcoin one year ago. I'm pretty sure USD lost a couple 1000% there...

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
evolve

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:02:39 AM

Giant swings in purchasing power isn't a positive quality in a currency.  In a stock, commodity, or other investment vehicle sure...but in a currency, it is a very BAD thing.  

MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:07:06 AM

Giant swings in purchasing power isn't a positive quality in a currency.  In a stock, commodity, or other investment vehicle sure...but in a currency, it is a very BAD thing.  

SAY WHAT!?  Roll Eyes

What a great big pile of complete and utter common sense!

Are you sure you are on the right forum?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4493

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:11:48 AM

The bears are clearly getting delusional

Getting?

Grin
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 01:14:49 AM

+1
ya you're right, USD loses 3-12% in real value and some thousands % relative to bitcoin per annum :p

I just use bitcoin as my savings account and disregard current price. if i need something i sell bitcoin into my checking account to buy it. no way will my spending ever outpace Bitcoin appreciation this way. As a Bitcoin investor, I hate selling and the process keeps my material wants in check Smiley
sir faps

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:18:05 AM

I just sold my bitcoin too. What a liberating feeling not being tied to the charts anymore!!
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:27:30 AM

+1
ya you're right, USD loses 3-12% in real value and some thousands % relative to bitcoin per annum :p

I just use bitcoin as my savings account and disregard current price. if i need something i sell bitcoin into my checking account to buy it. no way will my spending ever outpace Bitcoin appreciation this way. As a Bitcoin investor, I hate selling and the process keeps my material wants in check Smiley

Indeed (don't miss the spike on the right of the first image):

Pictures speak a thousand words.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: