Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 04:49:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just sold my bitcoin...  (Read 5080 times)
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:29:36 AM

Since the 1900s?

At least. If not earlier.  

Which still has fuckall to do with BTC price.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:15:05 AM

I just sold all my bitcoin (not much lol) hoping for a dip..

How low do you think it will go and at what price should I buy it back?

Might help if you mention what price you sold at.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:17:05 AM

It's been mid-high $600s all day. I'm still waiting for the real crash, one that lasts more than 5 seconds.
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:25:57 AM

It's been mid-high $600s all day. I'm still waiting for the real crash, one that lasts more than 5 seconds.

give it 12 hours I reckon, we will see 550, maybe less.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:45:39 AM

Highly unlikely. The "crash" has happened.
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:51:24 AM

'highly unlikely' - where do you get your sources?
It is trending down, sorry.
there is only FUD to think about, russia bans, apple bans, mt Gox down, BTCe witdrawal problems, 'bug' in the system (there are ignorant people to believe this)..... etc... and there is no good news coming for a while either. give investors time to dwell on these.
last night all the happy go lucky speculators were cheering 'to the moon', obviously, the crash has not happened.
expect 350...... because you dont.

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 03:52:34 AM

a trend is a trend til it's broken :p

and in semi-related news
We already block most forms which can be blocked, this was a change in bitcoin 0.8 (that was, in fact, causing withdraws delays for mtgox because they produced transactions with invalid encoding).

The recent flood of transactions use a pushdata change. A patch to block it was written in September 2013, but didn't make it into the codebase until today. If your node is running git bitcoin, just update and you'll have it.

uncrownedking (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:56:49 AM

I have heard rumors that COINBASE is on its way to freezing transactions soon along with other exchanges.. driving down the price to under $150 dollars per BTC.....  Shocked

So if this happens I will stock up on BTC

Umm, lemme guess, the rumor you're talking about came from the thread started by a well known troll and is only a couple of threads away from yours? 

who?
empoweoqwj

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:57:40 AM

there is only FUD to think about, russia bans, apple bans, mt Gox down, BTCe witdrawal problems, 'bug' in the system (there are ignorant people to believe this)..... etc... and there is no good news coming for a while either. give investors time to dwell on these.
last night all the happy go lucky speculators were cheering 'to the moon', obviously, the crash has not happened.

"Trending" is entirely dependent on your chosen timeframe. The bitstamp price has been trending nicely up the last 12 hrs.

Apple ban - nobody cared. Everyone already knew Apple didn't take bitcoin products. No idea what the minor fuss was about.
Russian ban - totally expected. Russians, like Chinese, want to control their people. Bitcoin was never going to happen in Russia. About as likely as taking off in North Korea.
Gox down - good. Hope it stays down
Withdrawal issues - will be fully sorted in next couple of days (except Gox which is a disgrace).

You believe there will be a big crash. I don't. We will have to agree to disagree. No need to get excited about it.
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:01:38 AM

"Trending" is entirely dependent on your chosen timeframe. The bitstamp price has been trending nicely up the last 12 hrs.

Apple ban - nobody cared. Everyone already knew Apple didn't take bitcoin products. No idea what the minor fuss was about.
Russian ban - totally expected. Russians, like Chinese, want to control their people. Bitcoin was never going to happen in Russia. About as likely as taking off in North Korea.
Withdrawal issues - will be fully sorted in next couple of days (except Gox which is a disgrace).

You believe there will be a big crash. I don't. We will have to agree to disagree. No need to get excited about it.

well obviously the trend Im talking about is based on a few weeks. 500 is certainly in striking range in the next couple of days.
you have me given the correct explanation of why these factors are all FUD, but Fear, uncertainty and doubt they certainly are.
if you wanna talk about longer term uptrends, Im with you on that subject.
if you look at the chart, you can see we are threatening 550....

pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:06:12 AM

I think it's going to be very telling once bitstamp enables BTC withdrawals. I wonder what Gox will do?

Once people realize they've been royally Goxxed and Gox no longer has an excuse that carries half a drop of water it's going to be very interesting indeed...

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
RicePicker

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

RicePicker

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:07:58 AM

So why should Bitcoins be valued at its current price when 40% of the mobile market not be able to buy anything using their phones? When the government of a 1/3 of the worlds population not support Bitcoins growth. There does not exist a dedicated Bitcoin exchange that technically deals with the US government when 90% of Bitcoin business are located in America. I want Bitcoins to grow, but it is still lacking in so many ways and just because the price is at a ridiculous value doesn't mean that. Look how easily exchanges are bound to fail with simple government intervention or FUD panic...    

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid! =D
empoweoqwj

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:11:26 AM

well obviously the trend Im talking about is based on a few weeks. 500 is certainly in striking range in the next couple of days.
you have me given the correct explanation of why these factors are all FUD, but Fear, uncertainty and doubt they certainly are.

The problem with chart reading is its a bit like reading tealeaves. Get 10 "experts" to draw triangles on charts and you get 10 different "readings". The only chart threatening 550 is the Gox one and I really don't give a rat's arse about what the Gox chart shows these days.

You might be right of course. People may be overcome with FUD flu in the next days, and the price plummet. But most bitcoiners have seen this all before and STAY CALM.
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:14:07 AM

So why should Bitcoins be valued at its current price when 40% of the mobile market not be able to buy anything using their phones? When the government of a 1/3 of the worlds population not support Bitcoins growth. There does not exist a dedicated Bitcoin exchange that technically deals with the US government when 90% of Bitcoin business are located in America. I want Bitcoins to grow, but it is still lacking in so many ways and just because the price is at a ridiculous value doesn't mean that. Look how easily exchanges are bound to fail with simple government intervention or FUD panic...    

exactly,
plus, $700 is still a speculative price, not at all justified by commercial demand. It is very unstable, and that makes larger investors nervous.
if there is a wave down, aint nobody wanna catch a falling knife. panic is so easy to cause in bitcoin.
who will push it up in the coming days? I dunno. the smaller speculators have had their fill. it will range trade for a few days, before trending down to 400.

chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:16:16 AM

The problem with chart reading is its a bit like reading tealeaves. Get 10 "experts" to draw triangles on charts and you get 10 different "readings". The only chart threatening 550 is the Gox one and I really don't give a rat's arse about what the Gox chart shows these days.

You might be right of course. People may be overcome with FUD flu in the next days, and the price plummet. But most bitcoiners have seen this all before and STAY CALM.

yeah lines and triangles are ambiguous at best, but sentiment is second to none as an indicator. as long as the troll box is full of happy and hopeful speculators, the crash hasnt quite finished yet. thats nature.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:21:18 AM

yeah lines and triangles are ambiguous at best, but sentiment is second to none as an indicator. as long as the troll box is full of happy and hopeful speculators, the crash hasnt quite finished yet. thats nature.

I don't go to troll boxes ever since spending a couple of days on btc-e. Watching pumpers and dumpers go through their routine is just a waste of one's life Wink
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 05:44:51 AM

Stop making 10 quotes in a single post.
The buy side on bitstamp has improved, the crash might have happened, or it might move a bit more down.
The price will definitely spike once it's in the news everywhere (positive, not media FUD).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:58:06 AM

If your luck is like mine, the floor was when you sold. However, since I have not yet decided to sell, my bad luck may yet save you.

That's the spirit! Lol...jk my timing feels like it is a lot like yours sometimes..
empoweoqwj

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:04:49 AM

The buy side on bitstamp has improved, the crash might have happened, or it might move a bit more down.
The price will definitely spike once it's in the news everywhere (positive, not media FUD).

Stop telling people how to post.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 12:59:17 PM

Stop telling people how to post.

Stop telling people to dont say how to post Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: