Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:27:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Market tactics  (Read 1883 times)
burnchan

Activity: 240
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:35:09 AM

Hi all,

The markets are falling significantly again, is this still relatively normal and is the best advice just to HODL? Moving forward I think I will set stop losses on all holdings to protect my capital against falls like this.

Thanks

If you aim for profit,  then holding is the best thing to do.  In the first place,  you have already make  an investment.  I assume that you invest an amount  which you can afford to lose. I am still positive that bull market is coming.  So let us just stay confident with Bitcoin.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nikotengik

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:43:28 AM

Hi all,

The markets are falling significantly again, is this still relatively normal and is the best advice just to HODL? Moving forward I think I will set stop losses on all holdings to protect my capital against falls like this.

Thanks
it all depends on you. how you take action to avoid losses.
if I prefer to hold it, if the price is down

center]
🗣 Voice Controlled Ai Trading Assistant 👨‍💻 Portfolio Manager
📊 Analytics  ✦ AiBB ✦ Crypto ID 🔐
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬• https://aibb.io •▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
badykvik

Activity: 895
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:50:43 AM

I think the decision depends largely on you and how you want to cut your loss. I believe holding in this period will be a very good decision to take to avoid loss and make reasonable profit when the market recover and the price is high enough for you to make profit on your investment by the time you sell.
Currencyguide

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 07:00:23 PM

As per the current market situation it okay to hold, in this market main stactics is not to loss money and for saving your money from falling down you must have the mental stability to make a clever move, although you must have to be carefully enough.
cryptohopes

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:16:30 PM

Well the market tactics is totally a thing that you should research and fix for yourself. The same tactics will be fruitful equally for all. For example during bearish market some prefer holding, some prefer selling and there are some who tries to switch from one coin to another. I think you will have to decide what you shall do. Take your decision wisely and you will succeed.   
conanrien

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:33:40 PM

Well, yes the market has a significant fall but I will still tell you to keep patience and hold the coins. There is surety of crypto market it has fallen down today but it can again rise up double tomorrow. As per I believe the market will recover just hold the coins but if you are think about your capitals the decision is up to you.
Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 08:36:38 PM

If you are set for long term then HOLD.

I listen to pro traders say. They say it's better to just sit back and not trade i a bear trend for especially for beginners.

I was also a HODLer but got bored so put everything in USD and trade every now and then.

ResuLT

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:41:40 PM

I've seen a lot of short pumps and dumps in the market and I can expect if there were a hard pump or dump on the upcoming weeks, but be sure to watch the market situation and read TradingView for more advice.
Bromote

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:45:10 PM

Yes, I think the best advice is still to hold your altcoins and maybe try to invest if you have some spare money, if you think you are stagnant then you could try to participate in bounty campaigns and airdrops.
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 02:27:30 AM

Strategies will always play a vital role in everyone's success in the market. Holding without a plan and just waiting will only cause you more problems if you don't know what you're holding or if you don't know what your doing.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:00:03 AM

Hi all,

Thanks
And then you can try to sell all of your altcoin right now. But i personally wanna say that let the weak hands sell all of their coin and then just try to bought their shares as much as i can and i have created a decent profit from the bottom price of bitcoin and that's awesome.
Crown1

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:06:03 AM

I think most altcoin is the right choice whenever it chooses to sell.
However, do not sell BTC easily, because BTC is currently at a very low price.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
DesertOasis3

Activity: 144
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:56:41 AM

I think we will be moving up from this level having hit the yearly low of around $5,800 in Bitcoin, whether it is going to be more sideways movement inside the already established range ($6,100 - $9,300) or a proper breakout we won't know until the top figure of the range has been properly passed with consolidation.
Luntop

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:58:55 AM

My investment strategy in ico is the best way for me
jamesbtcearn

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:20:21 AM

The market of the crypto currency is pretty dynamic. Given that there are 1500 coins in it, the competition is very fierce. It is very important to have a good market tactics, to be able to sustain in the market. The market does not depend on luck but on strategies.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 02:40:17 PM

The market is not stable , I don't think there is a 100% way to protect all your funds.

There are no ways to protect funds on 100% on any market, not only on cryptoassets market. And we must take the risks if we went to it to get great profits  Smiley

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 02:46:43 PM

It is still relevant for you to hold your tokens though the market is trending downwards. It will surely emerge in few times to come. Selling off won't make you gain the profit you would have when price appreciate.
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 04:04:35 PM

The best advice is not to hodl. The best advice anyone can give you right now after all this we have been through in this bear run is to take profits all the way up. A sudden crash or sudden bad news can make you rekt. It is advisable that once we come out of this bear run, it is true some coins wont be able to even reach their all time high again this year, but you can at some point cut your loss and move on. Don't ever believe the hodl game, it doesn't really work for everyone. Know when to take profits and move on.
basobulat

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 04:14:49 PM

Hi all,

Thanks

now the bitcoin growth is just getting on the right track, and the good news is that altcoins are growing. so you should not be too panicky about any downturn that happens over time. suppose hope the market will grow slowly this year.

MOG247

Activity: 223

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 04:18:37 PM

Hi all,

Thanks

Good idea.... If you think market is normal like the way its going and you keep holding till you lose your capital, then you're not a good investor. There should be a point where you neither loss nor gain (break even). At that point, you ought to protect your capital.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: