Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:21:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is the main reason for india to ban cryptocurrency  (Read 1656 times)
maxy1999 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:02:10 AM

i dont know why india is not legalizing the cryptocurrency ? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dasha88fed

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:22:31 AM

Perhaps for the same reason as all other countries. Everyone is afraid of the consequences, they are afraid to take the first step, because they do not know what it will lead to, although they understand that cryptocurrency is not the future, but the technology of today. South Korea shows an example of introducing taxation and regulation of the crypto currency market and I am sure that further countries will follow Korea and will begin to make changes in their legislation and adopt cryptocurrency.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:32:21 AM

Well the RBI or the Reserve Bank of India was the one who are pulling the plug on the country’s cryptocurrency ecosystem by forbidding banks from having any business relationships with exchanges even thought their government may launch its own cryptocurrency, Well the bank had it's issue with Cryptocurrency because of the possibilities that cryptocurrencies may pose potential financial and legal customer protection and security related risks.
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:32:46 AM

Major reasons for fear of crypto or ban on crypto transactions in any country may :
1  Developing nations need surplus stocks of foreign currency.  These countries fear with the legalization and permission of trading in crypto ; there may be uncontrolled outflow of currency resulting in very tight foreign currency resources available.  
2.  Terror funding ; black marketing; money laundering becomes easy.  Many nations like India are suffering from the threat of islamic terrorists.  If their funding increases the attacks will increase.
3  Many citizens of a country having black money will easily divert their funds to safe heavens like Switzerland.

So India like many other nations is having fear for it.  Though Indian government wants the currency to be digitalized .  May be they are doing any research work for allowing crypto transactions legal because they also know it's benefits.
shivakumar D S

Activity: 114

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:42:06 AM

how could u tell that
pls dont give wrong information to peoples it may panic them
 before adding some posts please add some related news or links with your posts

as per u r opinion crypto is not legalized in india
 then how could it possible to trade or exchange in india
Annaray.tejith30

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:47:06 AM

I think there is no such peoples in India to understand the same so only still its not been legalized in India.
Osakrita

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:50:51 AM

The government is just scared it will lose its grip on the control of money,inflation is high and fears more people  will convert their cash to bitcoins,draining bank accounts of monies.It all stems from ignorance anyway.
budismile

Activity: 293
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:45:52 PM

The reason the Indian government forbids Bitcoin, Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme that can deceive all the people of India. therefore the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has unilaterally refused to legalize Bitcoin without authorization from the Indian government.

After the RBI submitted its request not to legalize bitcoin and considered Bitcoin a Ponzi scheme, many others who criticized RBI even cointelegrap loudly criticize for describing Bitcoin being a Ponzi scheme.

but you do not worry, on 20 June the government of India has legalized Bitcoin and refused the RBI request, because the application and decision unilateral of RBI does not make sense and there is no strong law.
sakahayang

Activity: 414
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:37:28 PM

I think you read the news that has been very long, indeed in March last Indian government especially RBI Bitcoin forbid because it considers there is fraud in it. But the latest news in June the Indian government has made a decision by legalizing Bitcoin, assuming there is no fraud inside Bitcoin.
Here's the link the news
https://inc42.com/buzz/bitcoin-cryptocurrency-india-government/
royal slave01

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:47:38 PM

May be the Indian government did not trust bitcoin and other altcoins and they think that they need to protect their people from any investment that possibly may risk the money of their people.
chidrawarster

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:48:05 PM

Its still not banned and instead put up in front of a committee to understand the pros and cons.I do agree that the banks are not allowed to carry out any crypto transactions but still many are doing by hook or crook.I also feel the blockchain technology is the future but i dont know what India is thinking about crypto space.I feel India should also take some bold steps like Korea and move ahead for having a bright future.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
pixelvault

Activity: 97

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:56:30 PM

so basically the government that cannot control the wealth of citizens bans it.
There needs to be a big power shift in this world imo
Chetan04

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 02:08:52 PM

I think lot of black money being transferred in the name of crypto. Govt. could not regulate it so they banned it i guess.
demenBTC

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 02:16:28 PM

from news that I read that the crypto ban in India has been challenged by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI), and the trial will take place on July 20, we are waiting for the RBI decision to be considered in court

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 
CREATING THE MOST ACCESSIBLE PLATFORM
                 FOR SELF-ACTUALIZATION               
FACEBOOK  ♦  TWITTER   ♦   WHITEPAPER   ♦   ZAPPS   ♦   GITHUB
     ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

Wicked Sick

Activity: 293
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:04:49 PM

Well the main reason behind Bitcoin being banned in India is that the transactions are anonymous and they think that it can be used by terrorists to fund their operations. Although I don't know how they are going to stop people from using it cause Bitcoin is decentralized and there is no way they are going to be able to track people using it.

mohammedmattar

Activity: 448
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 06:25:59 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2018, 09:53:16 AM by mohammedmattar

The Indian government's decision has several reasons
Withdraw money, especially hard currency from banks and exit abroad
Money laundering operations related to drug money
and corruption and funding of Hindu terrorism against Muslim
 minorities and some radical groups belonging to Islam
Slash61

Activity: 633
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:52:09 PM

The ban for India is very common for all countries participating in the ban, so they have not fully stem the risks that will occur, have not been anticipated so that they will only take a safe path for the future to temporarily analyze and develop the nature of cryptocurrency, because when legitimized from now fear all shack money and transactions are not controlled thoroughly (overwhelmed).

Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:43:10 PM

Its still not banned and instead put up in front of a committee to understand the pros and cons.I do agree that the banks are not allowed to carry out any crypto transactions but still many are doing by hook or crook.I also feel the blockchain technology is the future but i dont know what India is thinking about crypto space.I feel India should also take some bold steps like Korea and move ahead for having a bright future.
I also do not think that they have still taken such a step. May be they are thinking about it but nothing is so much clear about it, i think that even if they will do so i am sure that very soon they will change their decision, because almost all the countries of the world are going to legalize bitcoin. Because it is becoming the common currency of the world.
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:39:12 PM

I think it is due to their fear of tax evasion. Recently they simply outlawed the use of one of their high denomination notes so there were huge queues of people at banks trying to convert their savings which they keep hidden at home. Bitcoin will make it easier to hide money

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
cryptodalton

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:21:24 PM

I think only RBI or the banks only banned crypto currency, not India as a whole. I think they are taking crypto as a threat as they barely control it. Besides, they think that crypto can replace fiat currency very soon which is actually not possible to happen.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: