Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:45:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this "Hedge Fund" PM legit?  (Read 793 times)
TheCatLife (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 01:22:28 AM

Hello!

Bitcointalk is starting a cryptocurrency hedge fund, and you have been selected as one of the members eligible of participating. Your recent activity and contribution to the forum has shown us that you are serious about Bitcoin, and its enormous profitability margins. This is a brand new opportunity, and we will be the first ones to take advantage of a tactic that has been successful on the stock market for decades.

Real profit lies in buying power... With limited coins available for purchase on the market at any given time, a fund with a large bankroll has much more room for profit than a single day trader has with his or her limited resources.

This is how it works: All eligible members send their contributions to the hedge fund account and the professional analysts appointed by the forum administration use that lump sum to make big plays on the market. In a beta test done on a smaller scale, our analysts were able to produce profit margins of up to 23.6% a week.

Profits will be redistributed on a bi-weekly basis relative to the amount that each member has contributed. The hedge fund managers will receive a flat rate of 1%, and the remaining profits will be dispersed as dividends to the fund contributors. For example, if your BTC contribution makes up 5% of the fund and the account profits 25 BTC in the 2 week time frame, you would be credited 1.25 BTC during the next payment period. Additionally, you have the option of withdrawing your funds at any point, and they will be credited within 24 hours.

An initial contribution of 0.01 BTC is required for participation in the fund, and all contributions must be sent in the form of BTC in order to receive dividends. Send all contributions to the hedge fund wallet provided below, then reply with the amount you contributed and the wallet you would like your dividends to be dispersed to. A confirmation will be sent in return, and further instructions will be provided as to how you can withdraw or deposit funds to the main wallet. Thank you for your contributions to the forum, and I hope you take advantage of this amazing opportunity. Please let me know if you have any questions, and send your withdraw requests to this account, or a moderator/admin.

Send all contributions to: 191nibRg3ycYvGuoUF5pLmz9vN53ujMzjz[/size]

I received this PM and I'm curious to know if this is actually an official bitcointalk operation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
backtrackit

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:23:57 AM

I'd say no since it said "and you have been selected as one of the members eligible of participating. Your recent activity and contribution to the forum has shown us that you are serious about Bitcoin"

and your status say's newbie lol

Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:27:32 AM

Hello!

Bitcointalk is starting a cryptocurrency hedge fund, and you have been selected as one of the members eligible of participating. Your recent activity and contribution to the forum has shown us that you are serious about Bitcoin, and its enormous profitability margins. This is a brand new opportunity, and we will be the first ones to take advantage of a tactic that has been successful on the stock market for decades.

Real profit lies in buying power... With limited coins available for purchase on the market at any given time, a fund with a large bankroll has much more room for profit than a single day trader has with his or her limited resources.

This is how it works: All eligible members send their contributions to the hedge fund account and the professional analysts appointed by the forum administration use that lump sum to make big plays on the market. In a beta test done on a smaller scale, our analysts were able to produce profit margins of up to 23.6% a week.

Profits will be redistributed on a bi-weekly basis relative to the amount that each member has contributed. The hedge fund managers will receive a flat rate of 1%, and the remaining profits will be dispersed as dividends to the fund contributors. For example, if your BTC contribution makes up 5% of the fund and the account profits 25 BTC in the 2 week time frame, you would be credited 1.25 BTC during the next payment period. Additionally, you have the option of withdrawing your funds at any point, and they will be credited within 24 hours.

An initial contribution of 0.01 BTC is required for participation in the fund, and all contributions must be sent in the form of BTC in order to receive dividends. Send all contributions to the hedge fund wallet provided below, then reply with the amount you contributed and the wallet you would like your dividends to be dispersed to. A confirmation will be sent in return, and further instructions will be provided as to how you can withdraw or deposit funds to the main wallet. Thank you for your contributions to the forum, and I hope you take advantage of this amazing opportunity. Please let me know if you have any questions, and send your withdraw requests to this account, or a moderator/admin.

Send all contributions to: 191nibRg3ycYvGuoUF5pLmz9vN53ujMzjz[/size]

I received this PM and I'm curious to know if this is actually an official bitcointalk operation.
No. If it was, I'd know about.

That, and we have far more money than we can use. We have a few million dollars of Bitcoin. Just sitting there.

Arcas

Activity: 1036
Merit: 524

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:16:54 AM

As a general rule, all unsolicited PMs should be deleted on sight. I've run into plenty of phishing attempts in mass PMs on this site before.
TheCatLife (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 03:23:25 AM

A few MILLION..

HOLY SHIT.

You're millionaires?

Holy fuck.

I am SUPER JEALOUS.

I can't even come up with 0.5 BTC let alone millions worth.

Sigh, that hurts my soul
TheCatLife (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 03:47:31 AM

My god, I just can't get over this.

How did you guys make so much?

I am going to get wealthy or DIE trying.

Any and all advice I can get in terms of how to make money with Bitcoin I am interested in!
some1

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

667 one more than the devil

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:08:01 AM

Don't forget to report message to moderators and give negative trust feedbak to the sender.
You can also ignore him. Next time he can send you a malware.

TheCatLife (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 04:30:59 AM

Don't forget to report message to moderators and give negative trust feedbak to the sender.
You can also ignore him. Next time he can send you a malware.

Good advice.

Done!
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:51:08 AM

Some came from donations, but most of it came from advertisements (which bring in close to $10k/week, these days). Oh, and plenty of holding onto bitcoin for the longest time.

Any and all advice I can get in terms of how to make money with Bitcoin I am interested in!
Start a website about something you're passionate about. Advertising really does bring in good money.

Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:09:32 PM

lol at this obvious scam Smiley
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:52:06 PM

lol at this obvious scam Smiley

Obviously not that obvious. Hopefully nobody fell for it but you never know with some people  Roll Eyes.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:38:54 PM

Unsolicited PMs should always be treated with caution. Any request for BTC in an unsolicited PM is almost certainly a scam.
TheCatLife (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 07:47:03 PM

Some came from donations, but most of it came from advertisements (which bring in close to $10k/week, these days). Oh, and plenty of holding onto bitcoin for the longest time.

Start a website about something you're passionate about. Advertising really does bring in good money.

@Starting a website - this is something I've considered doing for quite a long time.  I actually have a website as well (http://www.bitunlimited.elementfx.com - what is the best way to monetize through advertising?  I've tried Google Adsense before and didn't make any money.

I am assuming the most important thing in advertising is traffic?  Is this correct?  Do I need traffic clicking my ads or something?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: