Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:43:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are zero transaction costs possible?  (Read 523 times)
criptoman83

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:14:54 PM

If Bitcoin transactions are too expensive, people will start using other platforms. For Bitcoin community,it's unprofitable.  But what was happening with the prices of transactions last fall is very sad. 50-100 dollars for 1 transaction - it was quite a common thing. And if you need to transfer $ 10 in bitcoin or $ 1?who needs this? nobody.  It's necessary to make payments in bitcoin to be profitable for each amount, and not only in some cases. only Bitcoin will become really necessary and popular.The miner should receive a reward for finding the block , that's his main earnings. And the fee for the commission should aim to zero.

marlonbatotoy

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:20:22 PM

I dont think it posible to be 0 fee transaction.. Because it's business they pay about the site and the editor of their site also the protection of their site.. Maybe in a smaller price but if that posible, well thats good
Mohamme

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:21:05 PM

I don't think that's possible. If there's zero cost, who's going to maintain the entire block network?
Blockchain decentralization must have a reward system, which requires a fee.
However, it is entirely possible to reduce the fees. When the throughput goes up, the fees will naturally go down.

boksoon

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:45:13 PM

What do you think, is it possible to have zero transaction costs for bitcoin/altcoin. At the moment there are many fees and are they justified and impossible to get around or is it possible to reduce or even remove them in the future?

I think that is impossible because if no transaction fee for every transaction no exchanges and wallet provider will serve us to process of our Bitcoin or any altcoin to make transaction in any different way.
laravuemaster

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:10:26 PM

What do you think, is it possible to have zero transaction costs for bitcoin/altcoin. At the moment there are many fees and are they justified and impossible to get around or is it possible to reduce or even remove them in the future?

In my own opinion, maybe in the future when the technology grows even more then there is a huge chance for the transaction fee's to decrease and might become free in the future.

neite99

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:19:29 PM

the transaction fees in my opinion are not too much, especially there are some coins which charge only cents for a transaction regardless of the amount. Try the bank transaction fees and you will understand the difference.
Techfrog

Activity: 155

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:20:09 PM

It is more than impossible because miners are transacting those transactions for the sake of them, they are getting remunerated for that, and they will not be transacting those if they get zero dollars for that, do you understand how mining works now?
Giardina

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:25:40 PM

Theoretically, it is possible to conduct a transaction for free, but almost not sure that it is possible.All services have their price and that's normal.

indog

Activity: 208

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:33:21 PM

It isnt possible to be zero, it is the way they benefit from the transactions you make. If all still within reasonable limits why not. All are business people and this is the business world, anything can happen

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
kangbasir

Activity: 394

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:42:55 PM

it seems the cost of 0 seems unlikely but to me personally As long as the bitcoin we save or that we send safe and fast is not a problem.
dartvaider

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:10:15 PM

I think the fee fee to be maintain the coin coin with that is profit for their. However if it is too high does not good. which is the user of the transaction, it's i think.
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:54:05 PM

I am of the opinion that nothing in this world is free.  If someone advertise that they are providing something free then they are lying.  If business man gives something free how the cost of running the business will be met.,

In the same way there is possible that transaction fee may be  very low for bitcoin transfer but it can not be free.  Because definitely wallet service providers have  to spend some money for running their site.  They must be willing to charge at least such amount which can meet their expenditure.

nagobinga

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 05:45:31 PM

no transaction fees are free and even the cost must be very expensive or low but will not make us weak about it.
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:31:13 AM

I think Zero fees is not that possible. Every transaction needs fees. It is just like a vehicle that needs some fuel to start up and travel. Like Crypto it is the whole blockchain.
I haven't heard about Zero fees but the cheapest fees are already available. Since some alts are provided, they seem to  be very useful and very convenient to use in trading and transactions.
vonnyaries

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:40:41 AM

i think it will never happen, because as we know that if the transaction cost = 0 it mean that the coin is dead, there are no activity on it. and i think its not good for us or the holder of that coin, they will get big loss because of it

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:51:52 AM

For bitcoin within past few years there is no costs in any transaction and now i think it varies and if the bitcoin lightning network has been successful the costs or fees will no longer exist. In lther altcoins there are already some of it that has no fees you just have to know what are these coins and if they will last until in the future.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:22:02 AM

if the bitcoin lightning network has been successful the costs or fees will no longer exist.
It depends. If you directly transact with the party you have an open channel with, transactions are practically free. If you however hop your transaction through multiple nodes, fees may still apply. The only difference is that the lightning fees are waaaay lower than on-chain fees, so even if you end up paying a fee, it will be 10-100 times less than what you pay on-chain. Maybe even lower if the market effect kicks in, because you can ignore certain 'expensive' nodes to find a cheaper route.

In lther altcoins there are already some of it that has no fees you just have to know what are these coins and if they will last until in the future.
Altcoins with no fees = altcoins with no network activity.
copperton

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:52:22 PM

Zero transaction fee is not possible but we can say low price is possible because miners are doing mining with high cost hardware, mining rigs and electricity so zero cost is not possible. many wallets have different different price  but bitcoin transaction is peer to peer and form is bytes/ satoshi price is depends on miners how they accept it.
Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:59:02 PM

it is not possible, especially for altcoin. the increasing value of altcoin or bitcoin prices will automatically increase transaction costs and this has been proven in the past year when bitcoin rose very high.

Msworld83
Copper Member

Activity: 448

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 02:34:14 PM

I don't think that is possible for now because every transaction have the POW which deserve a reward and the cost in which the transaction takes before getting confirm will also be reason we can't see or have zero transaction fee, but it can be reduce to a bearable amount , that I think might be good.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: