Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:17:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minimize the noise of miners in a closet  (Read 191 times)
rubensteffens (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:19:03 PM

Hello people,

I am installing miners at work with a few colleagues. We got 5 miners.
we install the computers in a self-made closet made of wood. We can't have to much noise in the building because of the work we do.
So my question is does anybody know the best way to mute the noise and letting the heat escape?
I'm new on this forum and I'm in for all advice.

thanks for the comments!
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ccgllc
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

Math doesn't care what you believe.

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:14:18 PM

Congratulations!  Your using an industrial miner in an office environment and wondering how to make it more quiet.

This is a topic any search would find dozens of hits on, suggest doing so if you don't like my short answer:

Your screwed, and noise is the least of your problems.  Your running 5 space heaters in a closet that require in total about 1500 cfm of fresh cool air to keep from overheating. 

You need to THINK about what your doing and run some highschool math.

Mined for a living since 2017.  Dabbled for years before that.
Linux admin since 0.96 kernel and Slackware distributions on (4) floppies...
sarcheer
Copper Member

Activity: 330
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:03:09 AM

You didn’t specify what miners you purchased, but regardless of the choice, you’ve going to need to under-clock and undervolt the devices to reduce the power consumption and therefore the heat output. This will let you turn the fans down, greatly reducing the noise! This is easier done with certain miners, so if you could specify that would help people give you advice.

As for the wood closet, what do you mean by closet? Is it kind of like a wardrobe? Is any side of it open, the top maybe? If you use ducting attached to the output of each miner and bend it into S shapes, that will further reduce the noise output.

Good luck! The Avalon 741’s were easy to run quiet, control over voltage and the heat sinks were one continguous along the length of the miner, greatly reducing noise resulting from air turbulence.

Miners:
Avalon 1041, Whatsminer M10, Antminer T15 x 2, DragonMint T1 x 3, Innosilicon T2T, R4 x 2
Raymond_B

Activity: 504
Merit: 71

Just Getting Started...

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 09:15:24 PM

Hello people,

I am installing miners at work with a few colleagues. We got 5 miners.
we install the computers in a self-made closet made of wood. We can't have to much noise in the building because of the work we do.
So my question is does anybody know the best way to mute the noise and letting the heat escape?
I'm new on this forum and I'm in for all advice.

thanks for the comments!

I'm continually amazed at how people spend so much money with zero thought. Did you even read anything here? Have you read anything since making your account and this post?

Anyway, what "miners" do you have? GPU, ASIC, what? 

dutchlincoln

Activity: 434
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:41:51 PM

Yes, we could actually choose to help someone asking a question as well. Really, it IS possible, look:

You can find a lot of info by googling silencing antminers.
If you read topics around here and/or do a search, you can see that most is done by separating front and back, thus creating a hot outlet and cold intake.
For 5 miners, my opinion it to choose insulated soundconnect hose of approx. 4-5 feet for intake and outlet, and have them run in a small corner in order to absorb the noise.
Feed them fresh and cold air and get rid of the hot air.
the miners themselves make noise as well (resonation) wich can be dampened by sound absorbing material. For ideas you can take a peak at my topic about a small mining farm.

Good luck!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: