Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:17:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will be more valuable when the altcoin bubble bursts  (Read 382 times)
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:13:09 AM

I know this is not a great comparison but this is my honest thoughts and belief in bitcoin.

I actually think what you said in your opening post is a great comparison and I totally agree with you. We have a lot of alts with no real product, and they will eventually burst. Some might have a product, but are still overpriced so they will lose a lot of value. Bitcoin on the other hand, and some other coins like ether, or maybe even others that may still arise in the future will have a role to play in our economy, and will be the true blockchain projects for the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:19:23 AM

You know dotcom bubble was the caused because people rushed to buy technology companies shares.but the problem was that most of  these tech companies did not even have a product or even a plan to have a product.they were just in for the money they can grab.

I think this is a very valid comparison, but I dunno if BTC would emerge unscathed from an alt implosion. It's going to take more time for there to be a detectable difference in most minds. We can already see it developing with serious investors, I've never seen a talking head on TV enthuse about EOS or Cardano, but that still leaves a lot of little people to panic.

Either way I'm pretty amazed some of the stuff that's in the top ten on Coinmarketcap is still there.
Zin-Zang

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

Killing Lightning Network with a 51% Ignore attack

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:01:02 PM

Bitcoin will be the only survivor among cryptocurrencies

Bullshit.  Smiley

My favorite alt,  is energy efficient and cost effective.

Bitcoin price increases dramatically every few years, but the costs of running the bitcoin network also increases just as dramatically.

Bitcoin may last forever who knows, but control of it centralizes more every day.

My favorite alt, costs of operations is less than $1000 per month and is not becoming more centralized.
Bitcoin requires millions every month , not including the new hardware requirement costs every year.

If Bitcoin survives for a billion years , I can guarantee, ZEIT will be across the table as it will be the Last Coin Standing. Cheesy

At the end, it will just be ZEIT and the Last Unicorn.   Wink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2_oyGwdX14

FYI:
The Main reason most buy bitcoin is not to use vendors, but to use them on an exchange to buy alts.
No Alts and bitcoin price will tumble down faster than you can blink without altcoins.

I was Red Tagged because Lauda Blows Theymos to get back on DT
The rest are just lauda's personal butt monkeys=> Hhampuz , Vod, TMAN , achow101
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:09:58 PM

Altcoins won't disappear until trading Bitcoin yields higher profit margins than trading altcoins. Pump and dump schemes are synonymous with altcoin trading. It's easier to earn more trading volatile altcoins than stale Bitcoin. I think the altcoin bubble isn't going to burst any time soon.

so you admit that altcoins exist only for trading aka speculation and they are pump and dumps. so you also have to admit that pump and dumps can not last forever. there is an expiration date for every single one of them. when some pump and dump altcoin is overused they will put it aside and replace it with a new one, a fresh not-yet-pumped coin that can be pumped big time.
so the altcoin bubble should pop sooner or later.

looking back that has been the case. every now and then we have such a huge altcoin pump that they all go into bubbles then it pops and disturbs the whole market.
i said this once before, i say it again. a big part of this bitcoin drop has been because of all the altcoin dumps.

There is a FOMO brewing...
ivankoh

Activity: 1428
Merit: 120

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:12:08 PM

Altcoins won't disappear until trading Bitcoin yields higher profit margins than trading altcoins. Pump and dump schemes are synonymous with altcoin trading. It's easier to earn more trading volatile altcoins than stale Bitcoin. I think the altcoin bubble isn't going to burst any time soon.
The market for cryptocurrency this year is quite bleak and that has had a lot of impact on investors' sentiment so I think investors should be cautious with their decisions this year. The market is showing signs of recovery and many altcoin are growing quite well, this is the time to buy the potential coin, remember to always have a backup plan for the investments.

Bonheur (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 03:30:14 PM

You know dotcom bubble was the caused because people rushed to buy technology companies shares.but the problem was that most of  these tech companies did not even have a product or even a plan to have a product.they were just in for the money they can grab.

I think this is a very valid comparison, but I dunno if BTC would emerge unscathed from an alt implosion. It's going to take more time for there to be a detectable difference in most minds. We can already see it developing with serious investors, I've never seen a talking head on TV enthuse about EOS or Cardano, but that still leaves a lot of little people to panic.

Either way I'm pretty amazed some of the stuff that's in the top ten on Coinmarketcap is still there.
I also believe that bitcoin will take a hit.That is why amazon is a good example in my opinion.Amazon shares dropped from 108 dollars to 8 dollars.But even that showed potential.Bitcoin price can go way down whether it is because of first mover advantage or just because it is getting improved way more that a flashy empty promise fueled alts but when the dust settles it will go way up than the pre~burst price.
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:32:04 PM

altcoin is not bubble real altcoin always will remain same as you can see many crypto died already and btc is btc.btc will keep more valuable

xitrum

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:38:40 PM

I really think altcoins are a bubble just like dotcom bubble.
You know dotcom bubble was the caused because people rushed to buy technology companies shares.but the problem was that most of  these tech companies did not even have a product or even a plan to have a product.they were just in for the money they can grab.
I believe altcoins  are just like that.most of them are just fancy scams looking to get money.
And when that bubble bursts bitcoin will be shaked but will stand its ground.
dotcom bubble paved the way for real companies with a plan to grow.
And there came Amazon,Google,Apple.
Bitcoin will be very very valuable.
Right or wrong I am seeing pre dotcom bubble Amazon in bitcoin. the price of a Amazon share was 108 dollars, after the burst it was 8 dollars.Look at what it had become.
I know this is not a great comparison but this is my honest thoughts and belief in bitcoin.

I can not think of you, can see that bitcoin prices are constantly decreasing and this has caused the price of altcoin deep down, can see that the price of altcoin can not be strong. The market is bearish in the long term so bitcoin and altcoin prices will continue to fall sharply in the coming days and the resilience is very low.

Bonheur (OP)

Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 03:39:34 PM

altcoin is not bubble real altcoin always will remain same as you can see many crypto died already and btc is btc.btc will keep more valuable
Tech companies are not a bubble too.But if every guy who  wants easy money creates a tech company and if it is enough to have a  flashy  slogan to get that money.Don't you think it will create a bubble because that kind of companies will increase in number exponently.And that is dotcom bubble.
İn the first 5 months there are more icos than all of 2017.In this bear market that is.what will it create if not a bubble?
wonderfulvn

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:13:14 AM

In think there are something wrong here because altcoin is moving faster and developing and there will be no altcoin bubble bursts in the future
mikyadel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Arabic Translator

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:16:44 AM

i couldn't agree more on that.but, not all alt coins are bubble bursts.some actually have really useful applications and backed by strong and experienced teams . Keep in mind if all alt coins turns into a bubble , then people will lose faith in the whole market and thus bitcoin price won't hold and will turn into a pump and dump coin by renaming investors !

funchiestz

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:19:23 AM

As time goes on, people's belief in ICOs is diminishing. Those who can do hardcap are really good projects. Market conditions will clean up altcoins soon by eliminating them.
thinkabout

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:21:31 AM

Sure, Bitcoin is number 1 at the moment and if the altcoin bubble bursts, there is no doubt that bitcoin will be more valuable
DungPhan

Activity: 124

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:22:56 AM

I just think that selling altcoins at this time is a big mistake
chidrawarster

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:25:34 AM

Thats only possible when btc will be declared as the only valued crypto currency and backed by blockchain technology.But i seem if btc only exists then it will be more expensive and the price will reach new highs everyday.Which would make btc less usable due to more price swings and also unpredictable nature.I understand btc should be used as an alternative to fiat ,in that way it would be more beneficial to users and also long term impact would be more reliable thereby increasing the database of users as well.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
upotami

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:27:51 AM

Not necessary. That could also benefit other alt coins like ETH and Ripple. Bitcoin cannot be number 1 forever just because it is the first crypto.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 07:33:05 AM

i am starting to accept this opinion about the market too.
we have seen in the past 6 months up until the big fall in end of June that altcoins were getting dumped hard and even the biggest dump in them specially in ethereum happened after the Bancor hack which prevented the bitcoin price rise. and if you check the charts you can see bitcoin was trying to get above $7000 by that time.

this makes me worried though because although bitcoin is rising the altcoin bubble is not yet burst completely.

--looking for signature--
ambisyon

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:46:02 AM

Bitcoin has been always valuable ever since and that is why many altcoins were starting to emerge in the crypto market. With the current progressive increase in bitcoin, many of the altcoin investors had shifted towards btc since it has been increasing progressively. The more investment poured to btc would probably increase it's demand thus increasing it's price further.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
cipherb

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:50:27 AM

I think u are right if bitcoin will be only a cryptocurrency which survive in crypto market than its price will be high but one thing is altcoins need is also important because peoples are come in crypto market for investment and wanna good return so altcoins is necessary for running crypto market. in up coming time bitcoin and major altcoins will be accepted by companies as a payment.
saruxanyan

Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:58:21 AM

the word bubble in the crypto market generally does not really consume! we must already understand that the crypto market is not a bubble! and bitcoin or other crypto coins will never burst! there are only bad projects that can very badly ruin their crypto coin!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: