Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:19:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What role will stablecoins play in the crypto ecosystem??  (Read 205 times)
elite2291 (OP)

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:44:24 PM

Great article answering this question: https://medium.com/crypto-oracle/five-takeaways-from-our-stablecoin-conference-call-on-june-27-2018-56051e6caf97

Thoughts??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:27:44 PM

That article is correct stable coins are like reserves and not hard assets.

The most common role that everyone knows about stable coins is when the market is going down, it's a good place to convert your total profit and capital for reserving it when the market didn't go well.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
jack107

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:31:57 PM

The most common role that everyone knows about stable coins is when the market is going down, it's a good place to convert your total profit and capital for reserving it when the market didn't go well.

Agreed. Out of all of the stablecoins out there, I think my favorite is havven. great backing, team, and roadmap.
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:23:30 PM

Agreed. Out of all of the stablecoins out there, I think my favorite is havven. great backing, team, and roadmap.
There are plenty of it in the market and in my opinion, there's no difference from each of them.

As long as they are all stable coins, their value doesn't move and it's a good conversion if you ever want to make out of the market for awhile and get back if you want.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3647

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 07:21:00 PM

In spite of the words mentioned in the article, I consider that stable are not important to the speculators or me.
stablecoins are companies or individuals that want to buy a token/crypto with the guarantee that you will get $ 1 "or any amount" when you want to sell.
So we came back to the central system with a new concept that individuals or companies can create money "We must trust their promises" that is more dangerous than the current financial system.
Also, some decentralized systems "which I think" it is better but still risky.
 It’s my impression of those currencies.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
wattcrypto

Activity: 247
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:52:07 PM

There are plenty of it in the market and in my opinion, there's no difference from each of them.

As long as they are all stable coins, their value doesn't move and it's a good conversion if you ever want to make out of the market for awhile and get back if you want.

What?! There's a huge difference between all of the stablecoins. They even have their own categories like crypto-collateralized, asset-collateralized, etc. You should really look into havven. the best stableoin out there imo.
MascharonoM

Activity: 216

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:52:50 AM

Don't focus yourself in only one project. There have some good crypto projects as far as I know. Though they are new and has great impact in the marketplace. Here are some of them: Altcoin, Ethereum, PTC, BTC, SciDex. Those are really good crypto right now.
Girlsbit

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:03:52 PM

Thank you for the interesting article.
danyakotletkin2018

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:25:54 PM

Don't focus yourself in only one project. There have some good crypto projects as far as I know. Though they are new and has great impact in the marketplace. Here are some of them: Altcoin, Ethereum, PTC, BTC, SciDex. Those are really good crypto right now.

Yes, I agree with you, it's better to try yourself in other areas.
Popov_popov

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:50:30 PM

Stable is not about bitcoins - you must always experiment.
singlecrytpo

Activity: 137

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:44:35 PM

Great read--thanks for sharing. Personally a big fan and hodler of Havven myself. Great stablecoin project IMO
Tory-Tory

Activity: 196

“Blockchain Powered Clinical Trial Management”

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:20:34 AM

Stable coins play a high role in the world of crypto currencies. On many exchanges, there is no opportunity to sell crypto currency for fiat money, but there are stable coins and you can trade with them. It is also very convenient to transfer stable coins from the exchange to the exchange.

Tulen1990

Activity: 222
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:21:16 PM

Stable coins play a high role in the world of crypto currencies. On many exchanges, there is no opportunity to sell crypto currency for fiat money, but there are stable coins and you can trade with them. It is also very convenient to transfer stable coins from the exchange to the exchange.

Very true. Havven's stablecoin is live via Kucoin today: https://blog.havven.io/announcement-nusd-live-on-kucoin-18663ebaf896
Rocktop044

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:49:25 PM

In the future stable coins can offer the great benefits of cryptocurrencies, without the price fluctuations that come with it.
For now there is no proper system tk bring that result.. Collatarized and non-collatarized tokens has the issue of long term viability, as most try to copy the functionings of basic currencies.
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:27:27 PM

In the future stable coins can offer the great benefits of cryptocurrencies, without the price fluctuations that come with it.
For now there is no proper system tk bring that result.. Collatarized and non-collatarized tokens has the issue of long term viability, as most try to copy the functionings of basic currencies.

How about the future where everything is denoted in cryptocurrency pairs or like denoted in Bitcoin? I dream of a day when everything is priced in BTC and every other currency's value is measured against Bitcoin and no longer us dollar or euro. Then actually nobody cares about stablecoins, they will get extinct. And with pure decentralization, maybe fiat is directly tradeable or exchanged for crypto,,, I see stable coin days as not to last for the long future.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Omighty28

Activity: 187
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:03:57 PM

Firstly, the meaning of stablecoins needs to be expressed. A Stable coin  is a cryptocurrency that is pegged to the value of an underlying asset. These assets can be fiat currencies, commodities such as gold, silver and oil, and assests such as real estate too. Preferably, the asset to which the stablecoin’s value is pegged to is relatively stable in value, but this is not a must. They  are called stablecoins because the value of these cryptocurrencies are kept stable in relation to the underlying asset.

In the crypto market today, Prices go up and down anyhow, and the whole market is still strongly co-related to Bitcoin’s market performance. This crypto rollercoaster ride has created a need for a stable digital currency. So, primarily the fundamental role of stable coins in the market is to bring stability to cypto prices in the market.
Mjadon15

Activity: 174

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:24:31 PM

Also, According to Forbes, an optimal cryptocurrency should posses the following characteristics: price stability, scalability, privacy and decentralization. They also nicknamed stablecoins the holy grail of cryptocurrency. This is because due to their stability, stablecoins can bring cryptocurrencies into mainstream. Stablecoins have the potential to boost the use of cryptocurrencies and push them into mainstream usage. This is due to the absence of the enormous price volatility which most cryptos are susceptible to while leveraging the benefits of blockchain technology.
Additionally, stablecoins allow decentralized exchanges to create crypto-fiat trading pairs. Leveling up fiat to decentralized exchanges have been proven to be extremely difficult as most financial companies don’t want to get connected with these exchanges.

RockBar0

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:37:30 PM

That's what I'm looking for, as well as those who are looking for it. I also thank you for sharing with the community. The hope of success will come to you. Together we have the opportunity to develop further in this field. Grin
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:55:09 PM

In spite of the words mentioned in the article, I consider that stable are not important to the speculators or me.
stablecoins are companies or individuals that want to buy a token/crypto with the guarantee that you will get $ 1 "or any amount" when you want to sell.
So we came back to the central system with a new concept that individuals or companies can create money "We must trust their promises" that is more dangerous than the current financial system.
I am not disagreeing with you but taking into account how long can take to move your crypto to fiat and then to crypto again I suppose that stable coins do give a service to those that really need it and are high volume traders but as say the problem is in the centralization of such services, if at some point it is proven there are not enough dollars or whatever the stable coin is trying to stabilize then the value of the coin will drop to zero since it is not performing its function.
James_Hepp

Activity: 20
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:52:55 PM

I am not disagreeing with you but taking into account how long can take to move your crypto to fiat and then to crypto again I suppose that stable coins do give a service to those that really need it and are high volume traders but as say the problem is in the centralization of such services, if at some point it is proven there are not enough dollars or whatever the stable coin is trying to stabilize then the value of the coin will drop to zero since it is not performing its function.

It's almost like an anchor. The reason why people are still not adopting bitcoin in full force is because the slow transaction times make them feel a bit uncertain about how their money is getting converted, and if (the day ever did come) some kind of crash happened, how quickly could they get their money out of there?

Remember in winter when there were Asian exchanges shutting down as the price crashed? People lost a shitload of money just because they couldn't execute trades. Now that really worries me as an investor. It should be instant, directly related to a well established asset (USD or EUR at this time), and painless.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: