Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:42:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should we compensate bounty hunters when ICOs fail?  (Read 988 times)
hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 11:47:49 AM

I think everyone should follow the agreement . If in rules of bounty campaign compenastion in case of ICO fail was agreed bounty hunters should receive it , if not - they don't . If projects will follow the agreement , I guess most part of bounty hunters will be satisfied , because there are to many projects which are trying to scam bounty hunters by lowering the amount of tokens allocated for bounty campaign.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
siena23

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 11:49:36 AM

I think the bounty participants should also be eligible for a reward if the project fails. Because I think following the bounty also includes work. But I think the project does not pay bounty participants if the project fails because the team does not want to lose more, so bounty participants must understand.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
samuellim853

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:26:10 PM

No, that's the risk that bounty hunters take. Sometimes the rewards are very high which makes up for it.
Memenya

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:32:41 PM

It is a common thing to see most ICOs stating in their whitepaper that the monies of investors will be refunded to them in case the ICO is not able to reach its softcap. Sadly bounty hunters work for like eight weeks or even more and their efforts go waste. Do you agree they should also be compensated?
yes, they should also be compensated for the role of bounty hunter is also very important. Indirectly bounty hunter also helps promotion and become a buzzer through social media.
I know as bounty hunter we need to get what we expect before doing the task but its very difficult to get the conpensate from the project.
What will they use to conpensate us? Token? Then its useless since the token will have no value. If etherium then its good but how? They dont get etherium from the token sale.
CoinEraser
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:50:50 PM

It is a common thing to see most ICOs stating in their whitepaper that the monies of investors will be refunded to them in case the ICO is not able to reach its softcap. Sadly bounty hunters work for like eight weeks or even more and their efforts go waste. Do you agree they should also be compensated?

Yes, i agree with your opinion. A reputable ICO should already have enough capital to pay for the bounty campaign, even if the project fails or is not able to reach the softcap. It would also be fair to the participants of the bounty campaign. But unfortunately I have not seen such a bounty campaign of a ICO with the prerequisites. If an ICO start such a bounty campaign and already has ETH or BTC for the bounty, it would certainly settle positive from the other ICOs. Of course, the coins must be handed over in advance to a known escrow. Such a thing would have to be the standard for an ICO with bounty campaign. Then maybe there would be less scams.  Smiley
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:59:51 PM

If they give back all the money the investors put in where do you expect the money to "compensate" the bounty hunters is going to come from? As someone who does bounties on a regular basis I am fine when an ICO that I have been working on does not hit their soft cap and returns investor money. It is one of the risks involved with ICO's that I will happily accept. The one thing that I will not except is companies that raise money and issue tokens and then try to screw the bounty hunters out of the agreed compensation.

KeezAZA

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:20:32 AM

I think it's fair because a bounty person does his job and many people approach her very ostensibly offended when he is deceived
Yes it could be fair enough but what would you do if you are not getting enough money so do you will pay from your pocket? It is obvious that sometimes the project is easier just to reject bounty hunters.

ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:23:27 AM

Well, that is a risk, and you must accept it as a sequence of bounty hunters. nobody wants it to happen, but some ico projects fail in the mood to make investors more confident
Sevarchik

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:31:17 AM

i think not, because project refund all crypto to investors.
they can pay in tokens how it was declarated in the rules, but what the benefit from dead project tokens

dakiller

Activity: 174

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:32:21 AM

It is difficult to call for bounty hunters compensation when the project does not achieve softcap.
You know, they do not force bounty hunters to work for them. There are no constraints between the project owner and the bounty hunter.
pharaon

Activity: 753
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:34:40 AM

It would be great, but I do not quite understand how this can be realized and from what reserves the project needs to allocate funds to compensate all the bounty hunters of the campaign if they failed in raising funds for the ICO.
hewbrowden

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:42:32 AM

If the ICO project did not collect the expected amount of money, it will return the coin to investors, and there will be no money for bounty hunters. Imagine yourself in their place.
baconlike

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:44:50 AM

But who is the support for bounty hunters when choosing the wrong scam or poor quality ICO. I think that is a difficult thing to do, while the bounty hunter is just a side benefit to the successful ico project.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Honourable11

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:49:05 AM

God bless the person that created this.
This is a major challenge bounty hunters have been facing after hard work, time and resources
They will be informed that the ICO fail.
Which simply means no token for them.
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:51:35 AM

Bounty hunters are the part of the issuing team. They share a percentage of total issued tokens and success of the ICO so they should also share any loss the project has as a result of not reaching the softcap. The loss they take is the loss of their time and effort.
RaspoBTC

Activity: 1274
Merit: 319

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:55:31 AM

No, why there should be compensated?
ICOs are an high-risk-investment, so if you are a supporter, thats the same high risk.
There are so many bad and yes some Scam ICOs.
So it is absolutely essential to do your own reasearch about the projects before you join the bounty.
ZEIIMAN

Activity: 924
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:56:21 AM

No, of course, you yourself agree to the conditions specified in the bounty campaign. You spend your time simply, I understand that our time is money. But no one should waste your returned time. Bounty hunters do not have a certain payment for one hour of work.
bit..what?

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:57:29 AM

I would really like that. Thats a very good idea and icos should act that way.
So we could trust a ico more. Cheater will not spend money on them before.
So maybe we could easily decide if it is a serious or dubious ico.

✦ BCB ATM ✦
The Bitcoin ATM Network ₿ Bringing Digital Currencies to Local High Streets!
kenborbs

Activity: 154

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 02:58:07 PM

It is really saddens me because that its happening today in every bounties in this forum. I think every though the ICO didn't reach its hard cap or it fails the bounty hunter should be compensated a few coins for the stake they did, its like a consolation prize for giving the effort and time to market the products.

|█ ▌     BGX.AI     ▐ █|
A DECENTRALIZED FINANCIAL PLATFORM FOR THE MOBILE GAMES INDUSTRY
|▌PRE-SALE STARTS : MAY 8, 2018▐|
mimienamphine

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:04:11 PM

It would be nice to compensate the bounty hunters but let's us come to think of the developers loss and sympathize with them.They have invested so much even before bounty hunters come in.So I think that if we bounters demand for compensation for a failed project,that will be so much for the developers to bear in addition to other loses.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: