Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:41:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to save my coins and tokens?  (Read 2466 times)
Mr.Mittelman (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:26:42 PM

This year doesn't allow me too speak about "how to get some profit", I'm just looking how my money going down and have no idea what to do about that. I'm not a tricky trader or something, just got couple of thousands dollars as a reward for help some good ICO projects. So I don't ask about complicated strategies, my question is more about services allowing to automate "money saving". I would be very gratefull for good suggestions and promise to +Merit them whatever it means Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chainese

Activity: 299
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:34:46 PM

This year doesn't allow me too speak about "how to get some profit", I'm just looking how my money going down and have no idea what to do about that. I'm not a tricky trader or something, just got couple of thousands dollars as a reward for help some good ICO projects. So I don't ask about complicated strategies, my question is more about services allowing to automate "money saving". I would be very gratefull for good suggestions and promise to +Merit them whatever it means Grin

Here is what Vitalik wrote on it
https://blog.ethereum.org/2014/11/11/search-stable-cryptocurrency/
berrygood

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 09:07:49 PM

You need nothing but holding, your money may decrease too much but it does not matter you still hold them. I never trust other things except holding. If the coins are really trash you may not be able to see their rise again  Smiley

likketil

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:12:14 PM

You can probably use a Trezor ledger or create some cold storage wallets if you don´t plan to move your coins to often I suggest.
Aniwura

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:21:12 PM

If you do not know of any way in the crypto space, through which you can  earn more or put what you have into use, the best thing you can do is to hold. Hold what you have until the market gets better.
Mr.Mittelman (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:59:18 PM

You need nothing but holding, your money may decrease too much but it does not matter you still hold them. I never trust other things except holding. If the coins are really trash you may not be able to see their rise again  Smiley

I've heard totally the opposite from traders. They suggest to diversify the basket as much as possible. Don't you agree it's more wise than to count on just 1 team of developers?
Mr.Mittelman (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:00:15 PM

You can probably use a Trezor ledger or create some cold storage wallets if you don´t plan to move your coins to often I suggest.

No, the question is not about safe wallet. I don't think it's a problem. As I see more likely just to lose the major part just by doing nothing.
Mr.Mittelman (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:02:04 PM

If you do not know of any way in the crypto space, through which you can  earn more or put what you have into use, the best thing you can do is to hold. Hold what you have until the market gets better.

That's where it gets tricky. No doubts that the market will get better at some moment in the future. But does it guarantee that exactly my crypto asset will get better?

As I see it's much more effective to diversify assets. No?
lifesgood10

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:03:40 PM

You neee to understand the principles of trading
It’s not all about hodling
It is all about hodling at the scariest point and selling at the desperate point
You need to be smart and make researches so you can be sure which coin to hodl
Don’t hodl shit coins  and expect wealth

Also be calm
bedulook

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:04:32 PM

If you don't have much funds to buy a hardware wallet like trezor , which is the best way of saving your coins, then a good exchange with high reputation in security should be used to lock your coins.
Mr.Mittelman (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:09:24 PM

You neee to understand the principles of trading
It’s not all about hodling
It is all about hodling at the scariest point and selling at the desperate point
You need to be smart and make researches so you can be sure which coin to hodl
Don’t hodl shit coins  and expect wealth

Also be calm

Thanks, mate. Sounds reasonable. Do you think you're able to make a better research than such projects as Coinmarketcap? What does your own research show? Any rising stars? Hidden unicorns?
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 10:11:36 PM

Maybe think about exchanging some of your tokens (maybe the ones that are not so dear to you) into tether, since tether doesn't fluctuate (almost zero volatility), which means it is almost always roughly around 1$ price. That is the way to preserve your profits from falling in the bear market. But beware, that also means if the bull comes, portfolio won't rise as well.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
twtr2
Copper Member

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:11:50 PM

My strategy is HODL.  Wink But I'm taking part in many Bounties and it helps me to get a good profit.

Mr.Mittelman (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:12:05 PM

If you don't have much funds to buy a hardware wallet like trezor , which is the best way of saving your coins, then a good exchange with high reputation in security should be used to lock your coins.

First, why did you decide that Trezor is the best cold wallet? Second, why do you think some exchange is more reliable way than a cold or online wallet? When your coins are at the exchange's account, they're actually not even yours
chainese

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:20:49 PM

Maybe think about exchanging some of your tokens (maybe the ones that are not so dear to you) into tether, since tether doesn't fluctuate (almost zero volatility), which means it is almost always roughly around 1$ price. That is the way to preserve your profits from falling in the bear market. But beware, that also means if the bull comes, portfolio won't rise as well.

I don't believe in Tether because it's backed by USD. What if USD will fall? Or you don't think it's possible?
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:28:23 PM

There are a lot of ways to keep your token safe
By dumping them and getting good value for money
By hodling them during the darkest and bearish people
By been smart making research and buying more quantities only to sell at hogh price and get your profits
Mr.Mittelman (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:53:35 PM

By been smart making research and buying more quantities only to sell at hogh price and get your profits

how many quantities do you hold at the moment?
chainese

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:16:45 PM

how many quantities do you hold at the moment?

I hold 11 different coins and tokens
cryptotezi

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:24:43 PM

Well, market has been so much unpredictable at this moment. And trading has become more complex. I think at this moment there is not alternative to knowledge and analysis. So I suggest you to do a lot of study to know the best strategies to save your money.
chainese

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:31:42 PM
Merited by DarkSi (1)

Well, market has been so much unpredictable at this moment. And trading has become more complex. I think at this moment there is not alternative to knowledge and analysis. So I suggest you to do a lot of study to know the best strategies to save your money.

I agree, but doesn't increasing complexity of trading mean that there should be some tools for it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: