Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:04:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Bitmain Plans to Rule Mining and Influence Coin Prices  (Read 127 times)
bearsworth (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:08:52 PM

As a miner I think Bitmain is something to be feared. No one really like miner centralization. However, after much thought and analysis, I believe Bitmain is a necessary evil.

Bitmain is required to help boost prices of Bitcoin up. They sell hardware and prevent other competitors from entering because they will actively re invest back into cryptocurrencies. I can't say the same for other mining companies and it seems better than giving money to Nvidia and AMD in the long term.

I've written a full article on my thoughts here: https://bitrpc.com/2018/07/06/how-bitmain-plans-to-rule-mining-and-influence-coin-prices

Please share your thoughts if you have varying opinions or insights regarding Bitmain.

Bitrated user: cryptomark.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
swissgang

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 09:17:42 PM

Besides the negative effect of mining centralization, I think this company is completely evil and a threat for the market. I don't have idea unfortunately how can we fight agains it.

kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:30:26 PM

Well your statement is not much clear, i think all private btc mining operations do reinves their part of earnings back into mining equipment and stuff so all these businesses are actually helping the market, as if they will not reinvest their business will become slow and end up yielding no profit due to increasing mining difficulty.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
bearsworth (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:35:48 PM

Well your statement is not much clear, i think all private btc mining operations do reinves their part of earnings back into mining equipment and stuff so all these businesses are actually helping the market, as if they will not reinvest their business will become slow and end up yielding no profit due to increasing mining difficulty.

I think its not mining operations the concern should be. It's competitors of Bitmain at least that's how I see it.

Mining operations would just get profit and buy more machines. If Bitmain is the only competitor and Bitmain actively reinvests in coins, then its positive. If there are many other competitors, it's not clear how they will use their funds. If they increase scale, a lot of earned money goes back into infrastructure and fixed costs which takes away from Bitcoin. Bitmain already has much of this in place already, so I would assume they could save the cash to buy more coins or find new crypto related outlets to invest in.

I'm all for the private miners though.

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
richshopgh

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:37:07 PM

Mining centralization? how possible, no one entity or project can centralize mining. Mining from other individuals and pools outnumber the input from any single entity.
Psynthax

Activity: 2282
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:55:43 AM

As a miner I think Bitmain is something to be feared. No one really like miner centralization. However, after much thought and analysis, I believe Bitmain is a necessary evil.

Bitmain is required to help boost prices of Bitcoin up. They sell hardware and prevent other competitors from entering because they will actively re invest back into cryptocurrencies. I can't say the same for other mining companies and it seems better than giving money to Nvidia and AMD in the long term.

I've written a full article on my thoughts here: https://bitrpc.com/2018/07/06/how-bitmain-plans-to-rule-mining-and-influence-coin-prices

Please share your thoughts if you have varying opinions or insights regarding Bitmain.
I guess this article will give a lot of answers regarding it
https://ethereumworldnews.com/bitcoin-gold-new-algorithm-asic-centralization/

We are anti asic and we need new algorithm to prevent asic centralization. Asic has created by a greedy person. It can't be trusted.  I hope anything will move to the POS system.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: