Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:00:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pumping and Dumping  (Read 321 times)
districtOx

Activity: 158
Merit: 1

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:07:32 AM

I get invites to pump and dump groups on the daily on Discord. It's unbelievable. Not only is it illegal but it also contributes to the myth that cryptos are scams and extremely volatile.

Do you think that governments will crack on those groups?

Do you think that the people in those groups know that they're hurting the cause more than anything?

Why the hell government will even operate to that deep level ?

They have no relation with the activities that happens within the crypto space as we ourselves are giving it name of unregulated and decentralised environment.

As long as it doesn’t concern to the financial institution it won’t be problem for the government. The pump dump groups and stuff like that is like local crime and you are asking for the military to take charge of it.

The government will not change anything. The crypto market is so interesting that there are constant leaps. Crypto currency will become unnecessary when it is stable. For what is BTC needed if its price is always the same? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Q U A D R A N T  『 http://www.quadrantprotocol.com/ 』
A Blueprint for Mapping Decentralized Data

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:59:04 AM

Crypto dumping and pumping done by artificial manner is worst case scenario that can be seen in the crypto space and there is no way to change it because of decentralisation. The decentralisation is the cause which overlooks this problems, you cant control it and you cant really know whose doing what at what time. Though you know there exists such groups and you can literally join them and work with them but you cant do anything about them because most of the people are greedy and wants to earn quick bucks and thus they will never argue about it at all. May be it is non ending thing for sure.
bittraffic

Activity: 2940
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 08:28:49 AM

I get invites to pump and dump groups on the daily on Discord. It's unbelievable. Not only is it illegal but it also contributes to the myth that cryptos are scams and extremely volatile.

Do you think that the people in those groups know that they're hurting the cause more than anything?

Why the hell government will even operate to that deep level ?

They have no relation with the activities that happens within the crypto space as we ourselves are giving it name of unregulated and decentralised environment.

As long as it doesn’t concern to the financial institution it won’t be problem for the government. The pump dump groups and stuff like that is like local crime and you are asking for the military to take charge of it.

The government will not change anything. The crypto market is so interesting that there are constant leaps. Crypto currency will become unnecessary when it is stable. For what is BTC needed if its price is always the same? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Well anyone can has freedom to actually join the pump and dump groups as long as you can profit that is nobody's problem I guess. The government will never interfere such action as its even happening in stock market. That is also the reason why some traders in stock market kill themselves after they lose a life savings. Never heard of someone kills themselves in crypto so I hope this doesn't happen.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:54:28 AM

The government will not do anything about those groups considering that they are in chaos about how they can implement and approve the use of bitcoin in their country in a way that they could also gain something.

Members of that group know it but they don't care as long as their making decent profits.
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:56:43 AM

I don’t think government can help us with that one. It’s not even under their jurisdiction and thus outlaws their inference with the crypto crimes or illegal activities like that. May be this sort of things can only be stopped if people get awareness of what they are doing. I mean people are just making money with it but they are distracting the investment to wrong side at the same time. Hence I belive only self awareness can stop such things and that is also very much difficult I guess.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:43:24 AM

Such groups are viruses that are very dangerous for all crypto users, harming many people in a cunning and greedy way, for now we have no power to follow up such bad people, where the government is not very pro against cryptocurrency, whatever they will certainly have time to follow up and deal directly with the government, I am sure it is, do not keep a dirty hand in it because it is more sacred than their behavior.
cityhall

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:14:39 AM

I think I've seen a thread like that in this forum too.  I think profit is the only thing in their head, human never learned that greed is the root of evil.

⚡️ LECTRO.io ⚡️
✓ BLOCKCHAIN FOR POWER ✓ Modern Power Grid ✓ Energy Trading Platform ✓ More efficient
pamsugas

Activity: 1092
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:36:13 AM

ignore them they are just looking for profits from people who follow the grop. you better learn to analyze yourself and see the comparison of predictions of friends of others
Wittycoin

Activity: 696
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:00:36 AM

What they do is really unacceptable and really hurts people who are trying to earn money from cryptocurrency. They do what they want to be able to gain benefit only for their selves and really unfair for some innocent and hardworking people who are doing their best to earn from crypto. Hope they could be stopped.
solkinsolali

Activity: 154
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:03:39 AM

Both pump and dump are very wrong to the survival and appreciation of cryptocurrencies. It makes a lot of people to loose confidence especially the new entrants into the crypto market. Most pump and dump schemes are perpetrated by those scam coins or tokens whose developers just want to use in getting money quickly and forgetting the project. The government does not necessarily have to crack down on them as it might not really be possible to identify the particular persons, it somehow depends on us to avoid such strategies.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:05:54 AM

Well sounds closer on what I've had invited too wayback,but i leave because of being unfair maybe this is the time for the managements same as the corresponding government to bond and stand as one making this community manipulation free.so please do something about this before its too late
zakariajaki

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:08:37 AM

yes I agree I agree with you, there should be action from the government but when the government also has agreed to be legal, I think the government will crack it, but with a detailed and clear economic study, may be useful and successful for all of us
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:13:44 AM

I think that government cant do anything about cryptocurrency groups because even though facebook ads about cryptocurrency has been removed, people are still continuing to advertise ico's and talk about bitcoins.

bololord

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:22:56 AM

pumping and dumping is a part of volatility on bitcoin so its more good if we enter in a world of crypto with a lot of knowledge because entering in cryptocurrency without any knowledge will cause to you to loss and you will regret and yes cryptocurrency is a fraud type because of the manipulation by all whales so but when dips not when the price is too high,.
Cotton Candy

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:30:52 AM

pumping and dumping is a piece of instability on bitcoin so its all the more great on the off chance that we enter in a universe of crypto with a considerable measure of learning since entering in digital currency with no information will cause to you to misfortune and you will lament and yes cryptographic money is an extortion compose due to the control by all whales so yet when plunges not when the cost is too high.
Harrow30

Activity: 266

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:36:42 AM

It is really quite pathetic and frustrating to know that as the cryptocurrency markets is trying very hard to still win the hearts of good investors and gain credence, some are out there to spite this with their narrow minded definition of just dumping and pumping the markets. Hence, it is looking out to be a game and somewhat a ponzi.
I do hope a means will be made soon to checkmate this loophole of the cryptocurrency markets.

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406

BAILOUT

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:54:44 AM

They are actually so little groups besides the real big threats, they are not simple pump and dump schemes, more planned ones. I don't think government will care about pump dump groups

brotherwood12

Activity: 686
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:58:55 AM

just wanaa added some info , if you are invited and join them , actually you are the next victim , they ask you to buy it and make fast pump and you just get loss because dont even know what going on
Goldilox

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:43:38 PM

If a coin's only value comes from the pump & dump, why even bother with it to begin with? There is far too much legitimate opportunity out there to waste our valuable time on something so unworthy of either our time and/or attention.

As for Gov'ts cracking down on the pumpers & dumpers... Good Luck with that, ...and don't hold your breaths. These scamsters are seen as a blessing to Govt's and the banking cartels that own them. The more scam artists in the arena, the more justification the Gov't claims for trying to regulate the space. Their aim is to somehow get between us, and the movement of our money, ...and of course take a piece of it, as it moves. They've done a great job of controlling us for the past 105 years, but they are finished. They just don't realize it yet.
zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:14:22 PM

yes, I think those who do dumping and pumping are those who damage the price of crypto on the market and they are the cause of crypto to be untrustworthy because of the volatility of the price they make
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: