Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:33:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hoping someone can make a 100% pre-mined coin for my class  (Read 1009 times)
corlich (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:22:26 AM

Hello cryptocurrency gods,

I've recently found cryptocurrency and have been blown away by the potential.   I would like to start using cryptocurrency in my classes and have an idea for my students.  I need an altcoin...that is completely pre-mined.  Don't have a lot of money (i am a teacher)...but you would get full credit.  My project is kind of unique and i'd love your input...and perhaps even a teach a lesson to my class.  If money is the only way I can get this done...then i'll figure a way to make payment.  I was hoping on someone's generous nature.  Figure there is a lot to learn from what's happening now...and who knows...im sure a few more will catch the bug and thank me later.  Please contact me for the exact specifications (number of coins...etc) Post on here...or email me...doesn't matter. 

thanks,
contact me at chadorlich27@gmail.com 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:26:03 AM

Hopefully someone could help you Smiley
Good luck
corlich (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:29:09 AM

thanks...we're all on a mission of converting the unconverted.
thenoblebot

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:35:13 AM

Hey,

Now we sure need more teachers like you. Bravo !! Great initiative. But I am curious as to what aspect are you trying to teach them ? Worst case scenario (in case nobody helps,I dont think will be the case) - you could pick up a few of the cheaper unknown alts and get started. I mean the concepts will be the same. On a lighter note - we dont want the younger generation to believe in premined coins , do we ? Tongue

Best of luck with this awesome initiative Cheesy
corlich (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:46:32 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 08:08:35 AM by corlich

It's my class so you're darn right that I want control of the coin.  Lol...we're all against pre-mine....unless we're launching a coin.  The fact is that I'm not trying to teach them to mine...i'm teaching them to think (corny teacher stuff i know). Cryptocurrency (and all of its bastard brothers) has unbelievable implications.  
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 07:44:59 AM

As somebody who despises the current education I'm impressed there's a teacher out there with enough foresight to actually get kids thinking about cryptocurrencies and currencies in general, I had to learn all this shit myself. Can anyone remember the name of that website that makes altcoins for you? There is actually a site out there Corlich that generates an altcoin for you for about 0.02BTC or something, I think you should be able to get it completely pre-mined too because it's a site that lets you easily change the rules and so on as well as the mining rules it uses.
thenoblebot

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:47:20 AM

As somebody who despises the current education I'm impressed there's a teacher out there with enough foresight to actually get kids thinking about cryptocurrencies and currencies in general, I had to learn all this shit myself. Can anyone remember the name of that website that makes altcoins for you? There is actually a site out there Corlich that generates an altcoin for you for about 0.02BTC or something, I think you should be able to get it completely pre-mined too because it's a site that lets you easily change the rules and so on as well as the mining rules it uses.

Oh ya ya nice suggestion Lethn .. how come I did not think of this before (what a duh I am lol) .. coingen.io is the site your talking about right ? And I think there are a couple of others that have come up too offering such services.

Hope that helps.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 07:53:13 AM

That's exactly it, if you need some kind of special requirements you could probably contact them and offer a bit more money or something and lol their prices have increased since I last looked.
fbueller

Activity: 412
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:51:20 PM

corlich, I'd suggest posting the desired spec of your coin and what you want to do with it! You'll easily get people here interested!

http://coingen.io/ lets you input desired specs and gives you the source code and binaries. It costs a small amount, I'd be happy to pay for you. I've used them before. For your pre-mined coin you could set the initial value and the block reward-halving rate so all coins are mined after 5 blocks. You have 10^8 decimal places to play with, so you don't need millions and billions.

I also saw this: http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=scrypt_altcoin_cloning_guide&#how_to_clone_scrypt_based_altcoins_for_fun_and_profit it's probably more involved than you're looking for, but no reason you can't learn more from the experience too!

Good luck, these will be the first generation to grow up surrounded by this stuff!

Bitwasp Developer.
t3a

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:33:16 PM

You could just let them use the testnet.

Advertise here for 10btc/day
byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:59:35 PM

Well, how would transactions work may I ask?
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:46:42 PM

Either use Testnet-in-a-box if you want to do mining or you could run Ripple or some other non-mining currency in standalone mode too if you don't want to mine on your expense.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
t3a

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:35:35 PM

Well, how would transactions work may I ask?

The same exact way bitcoin transactions work except in a different (significantly smaller) blockchain.

Advertise here for 10btc/day
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:31:41 PM

Also if you use Bitcoin (or any other BTC based altcoin) you can run ABE, the alternative block explorer to check balances and stuff.

With Ripple you can run a copy of http://www.ripplecharts.com (I haven't seen a "blockexplorer style" site so far, you can use their client for  that though or https://ripple.com/tools/info/) or a lot of their other stuff you can see on their website - code is available at https://github.com/ripple

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
corlich (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:21:26 AM

thanks guys...talking with someone who offered to help me right now...i'm in the unenviable position of teaching about something that I am far too ignorant about...appreciate the free advice.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 07:29:30 AM

Just set it up so only one coin is generated, ever, and subdivide from there.
e4xit

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:49:31 PM

Just set it up so only one coin is generated, ever, and subdivide from there.

Or one or two coins per student? Actually, better to make that 100 each right? Bigger = better afterall...

Not your keys, not your coins.
CoinJoin, always.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: