Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:10:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea about mining  (Read 289 times)
andregunja (OP)

Activity: 135
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 12:28:31 AM

I am newbie here and i am curious what is mining anyone here in the forum can give and idea what is mining what equipment that we use to mine ethereum and bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
evilsign

Activity: 280
Merit: 60

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:04:05 AM

I am newbie here and i am curious what is mining anyone here in the forum can give and idea what is mining what equipment that we use to mine ethereum and bitcoin
You should do research and read the thread first before asking here. Many explanations about your concern with mining. And, mining bitcoin and ethereum totally different. Please learn it first.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:23:34 AM

I am newbie here and i am curious what is mining

let me say you're not either a mining newb but also on crypto world

its a very basic fundamentals

know about bitcoin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc2en3nHxA4

google is your friend as always so DYOR please.

edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:38:56 AM

what is mining
First, turn on your the PC/Laptop/Mobile Phone and open the Chrome browser and type "what is mining"

Second, use the search function in this forum

what equipment that we use to mine ethereum and bitcoin
third, Eth or other altcoin using Mining Rig (GPUs) and now some ASIC can be used. for BTC using ASIC (Bitmain / AVALON)

if you ask how to build a mining rig, please use the same way with the first/second points.

F2b

Activity: 2078
Merit: 863

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:10:23 AM

In fact, you should learn how cryptocurrencies and blockchains works before wanting to take profit from it.
For example, if you want to mine Bitcoin, then using your computer for mining is worthless.

So, instead of " turn[ing] on your the PC/Laptop/Mobile Phone and open the Chrome browser and type "what is mining" ", you should learn not only about mining, but about cryptos in general. For example: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+does+Bitcoin+work

There are plenty of websites, videos, etc, about this topic. Some are really well done, some others aren't. But again, you should know how to verify things by yourself.

Nobody will help you until you have tried to search by yourself.
However, if even after that you still have questions, we would be happy to help you understand better how this whole thing works.
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:30:51 PM

Bitcoin is a blockchain, it is a series of blocks, each block is a list of transactions,
by "mining" a block, you get rewarded Bitcoin, everyone is trying to compete to get the block reward,
you have to use processing power to have a chance at solving the mathematical puzzle for a block

There are many different coins with different mining algorithms, you can use CPU, GPU, ASIC, Raspberry PI, Smart Phone, Hard Drive, etc to mine
I started with CPU mining to get an understanding and it was no upfront cost.

zadornikigor

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:32:46 PM

I am use 1080ti for mining zcash
risinqsun

Activity: 672
Merit: 273

-

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:45:01 PM

i hope you dont mining becasuse time is very bad , minig incomes very very low Sad   I think you should postpone for a while you decide 
zalizoll

Activity: 115

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:50:55 PM

You should do some research and read the thread first before asking here. Many explanations about your concerns about mining. And mined bitcoin and ethereum are completely different. Please learn first. Do not let your efforts go to waste because of your stupidity
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:44:57 PM

You can use the magnifying glass to find what is mining using the google search.
Click the magnifying glass right side of the search box above.

And if you are looking for what coins is more profitable these days it depends what cards you have but mostly miners here are mining ethereum and other ETHash algo, you can use whattomine.com if what coin is more profitable these days.

I am use 1080ti for mining zcash
Are you sure that you are still mining zcash with 1080ti? It's not profitable anymore if you stay mining with zcash.
Try to check the whattomine to know what coin is the best to mine with 1080ti
bearsworth

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:46:16 PM

It's funny but I wrote this today. I hope this is relevant Wink

https://bitrpc.com/5-things-i-wish-i-knew-before-getting-into-mining-part-time/

Also, I partially agree with the sentiment earlier. You have to do a bit of research regarding this one and you'll want to see people who have done it already. Right now mining is tough, I would only start if I had partially existing equipment, but it all depends on how much you are willing to invest in. What is it for your case?

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:58:05 PM

We use ASICs, FPGAs, CPUs and GPUs for mining. Some coins can be mined using different hardware like you can even mine Bitcoin using your ordinary CPU but the amount you get is really small.

Just look up mining threads from google and you should get all of your answers.

ciprianpt

Activity: 127
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 10:05:21 PM

Hey, check out my best mining hardware article here https://1stminingrig.com/best-mining-hardware/ , most of the products are reviewed and tested by me.. and about what to mine and how to mine check here https://1stminingrig.com/?s=how+to+mine, let me know if you have any questions Smiley

https://1stMiningRig.com - Just Another Mining Blog Smiley
blockaid.net

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:55:07 PM

if your electricity is expensive in your area, don't think about mining. as your profit may not be of worth. else, you can use other sources of energy that are more economical
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: