Bitcoin Forum
August 02, 2024, 01:19:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Dogecoin is not Safe.  (Read 4229 times)
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:51:46 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 08:09:08 AM by tk808

It's not a safe mid (2-6months) - long (1+ years) investment for several reasons:

1) Mass psychological maniuplation

2) Infinite supply, you do know what infinite is? Because i can't comprehend infinity.

3) It's based on a Meme. Fads don't last. Pop culture will soon move onto the next big thing

4) Its support is coming from reddit, a community for leisure. I think i remember that cat with a ugly face what happened to that? People will soon lose interest, and it DOGE will become "uncool"

5) It was formed on the foundations of a joke, and a joke it will remain.

6) "You forgot to mind the most deadly thing for doge - its hashrate will go down. Twice every 2 months. The coin will die from 51 attack approximatelly in 3-4Q 2014." - hvezdasmrti

Conclusion:

In all seriousness, DOGE will never die. It will always float on the markets subject to pumps and dumps. And basically, that's been the trend for DOGE to date.

Profit like hell now, this is a short-term-high-profit-high-risk coin. Don't invest what you can't lose, tomorrow you could wake up to a 1satoshi doge.
GameKyuubi

Activity: 253
Merit: 1415

DTCxNMC

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:54:35 AM

BTC

How do you make arguments this bad I don't even

BTC: 15SLrNo6PKVfsH5JLtatJcVkSQXCk1LXyq
full stack Node
Voluntold

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:58:10 AM

How do you make arguments this bad I don't even

That's not an argument...

Nxt:  NXT-5BHG-9VRE-QGW6-DRZVQ
ubi4doges

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:12:45 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=461471.msg5094748#msg5094748

"We will create a civilization of the Mind in Cyberspace. May it be more humane and fair than the world your governments have made before." - A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace. John Perry Barlow. Davos, Switzerland. February 8, 1996
faithdealer

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:14:10 AM

Always wear a condom while using Doge, kids!
victzhang

Activity: 193

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:15:14 AM

It's not a safe mid (2-6months) - long (1+ years) investment for several reasons:

2) Infinite supply, you do know what infinite is? Because i can't comprehend infinity.

3) It's based on a Meme. Fads don't last. Pop culture will soon move onto the next big thing

4) Its support is coming from reddit, a community for leisure. I think i remember that cat with a ugly face what happened to that? People will soon lose interest, and it DOGE will become "uncool"

Conclusion:

In all seriousness, DOGE will never die. It will always float on the markets subject to pumps and dumps. And basically, that's been the trend for DOGE to date.

Profit like hell now, this is a short-term-high-profit-high-risk coin. Don't invest what you can't lose, tomorrow you could wake up to a 1satoshi doge.

+1
faithdealer

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:15:19 AM

Would you call it reefer madness? What is the Dogecoin doing to our kids???
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:15:40 AM

Doge is the one who isn't wearing the condom, and is spreading those STD's to all his loyal slaves
roozifus

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:16:15 AM

Conclusion:

1) Marketing is part of life, even if it's evil.

2) The supply is limited per year. Yes technically if you were to wait until the end of time there would be infinte DOGE, but that's not a very useful point.
If it ever becomes the case that there is too much DOGE they can just change the client.

3) doge has already outgrown the meme.

4) There's nothing wrong or unprofitable about leisure. I'd say they are more geeks anyway which is why they're able to build such a huge community so quickly.
Again, doge as a currency has already outgrown the meme, if the meme gets old people will just ignore that aspect of it. You don't have to speak "doge-talk" to use the currency.

5) It has already become something greater.

faithdealer

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:16:27 AM

Doge is the one who isn't wearing the condom, and is spreading those STD's to all his loyal slaves

Lol. You must be trolling.
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:18:59 AM

Lol. You must be trolling.

How do you think cat or meow coins were birthed, Doge is their bastard father
GameKyuubi

Activity: 253
Merit: 1415

DTCxNMC

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:31:26 AM

How do you think cat or meow coins were birthed, Doge is their bastard father

Successful coin ideas spawn clones.  Nobody is surprised.

BTC: 15SLrNo6PKVfsH5JLtatJcVkSQXCk1LXyq
full stack Node
The Doktor

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

DOGEvangelist

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:17:23 AM

For all the haters, the shibe is doing just fine.

Ed

"In DOGE We Trust"
ChrisML

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:20:57 AM

Yea, cause a $80+ million marketcap is such a joke.

If you dont like Doge, than dont even bother opening these shyte threads. Newb Shibes.

Follow me on Twitter: @SoMuchCoin
ubi4doges

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:33:04 AM

There’s been a lot of misunderstanding and confusion going around dogecoin’s inflation rate recently. For some reason, people don’t understand it very well. Some people will notice that dogecoin  increases by 5 billion coins every year after 2014. Forever. That is when they start to freak out. Then they panic and declare dogecoin a sinking ship and cash out all their doges. They are idiots, and here’s why:

Firstly, Monetary inflation does not mean price inflation. It is possible for a currency to increase in supply and value at the same time. For instance, bitcoin grew 10000% in price the same year when its monetary base also increased by 13%.

Secondly, consider that in the second year of dogecoin’s existence, we will have a 5% increase in total money supply. Do you know what bitcoin and litecoin had? Here’s a convenient table for you.

Of course, the difference is that dogecoin continues adding to its supply by 5 Billion coins each year, whilst bitcoin and litecoin will continue to halve to zero.

Do you want to take a guess at which year dogecoin will catch up to bitcoin in total monetary supply added?

The year 2174.

You won’t even live that long.

This is the misleading part about Dogecoin’s monetary supply. People see the scary “5 billion coins added each year!!!” statement and they start pissing their pants at vivid imagery of Weimar’s hyperinflation. They forget that Dogecoin is way ahead of the curve, because instead of halving every 4 years as bitcoin or litecoin does, it halves every 1.5 months. This gives it a lot of room to catch up, even if the total monetary supply increases by 5 Billion coins indefinitely.

Here’s the thing. Imagine you wanted to create the best, most profit-maximizing coin possible. What specifications would you want? Obviously, you’d want a coin that halves in rewards as quickly as possible. The faster it halves, the more coins you get (because you mined it since the beginning), and the less coins others get. This also makes the coin rarer, so as supply drops, demand goes up.

But on the other hand, you can’t have the coin halve too quickly. If you did that, there would be accusations of the coin being an instamine scamcoin. One halving every 2~ months sounds about right.

What happens when it stops halving? After that, you want a static, minimal, eternal block reward to support and encourage miners. Miners not only secure the network, but it makes up for lost, destroyed, or stolen coins, which leads to lower levels of volatility and a more secure infrastructure. They also help generate interest in the coin. This is paradoxically good for the value of the coin in the long run. This is where you get the profits.

Dogecoin has all of these traits. Dogecoin’s block rewards are perfectly optimized to be worth as much as possible. Not even bitcoin or litecoin accomplishes that. Why halve in four years, when you can do it in two months?

This should be obvious. And yet people on all sides of the inflation argument appear confused and needlessly agitated. It’s not just the anti-inflation sides of dogecoin that are angry and tout falsehoods. Even the dogeflation proponents on my side argue completely awfully.

For instance, there’s a popular rhetoric about “dogecoin having inflation is good because it incentivizes people to spend money, thus promoting dogecoin”.

This is wrong on so many levels.

That logic will only apply if you are only allowed to use one currency. In the case of Government mandated fiat currency, this applies, because you only have one currency to choose from. Therefore you want to spend your dollars as soon as possible. In cryptocurrency, where there are over nine thousand possible competing alternatives, if dogecoin loses value in the long run, everyone would go buy a non-dogecoin cryptocurrency instead.

This is the kind of pseudo-Keynesianism that gives Keynes a bad name. But I digress. This argument is further invalid because Dogecoin will not have inflation. Dogecoin is going to increase in value. Massively. This entire essay is dedicated to arguing that.

Dogecoin is a deflationary currency. It is NOT inflationary.

From: http://tuxedage.wordpress.com/2014/02/06/a-serious-analysis-of-dogecoin-or-why-i-am-all-in-on-dogecoin/

"We will create a civilization of the Mind in Cyberspace. May it be more humane and fair than the world your governments have made before." - A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace. John Perry Barlow. Davos, Switzerland. February 8, 1996
baka

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:39:08 AM

One halving every 2~ months sounds about right.

Yes, sounds about right for an instamine.

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution. Sc8XY5PmHK1NJ2DNvJhS82AQVFwMGimX8w
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:57:36 AM

You forgot to mind the most deadly thing for doge - its hashrate will go down. Twice every 2 months. The coin will die from 51 attack approximatelly in 3-4Q 2014.

In Pump and Dump we trust.
apuestascoin

Activity: 586
Merit: 500

Gambling bitcoin webmaster

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 10:16:25 AM

All these hater posts about DOGE... Huh

Makes by people that doesn´t invest on it , Hey you are on time! in a year more people like DOGE , more movements , more community , more price...

dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 10:55:28 AM

You forgot to mind the most deadly thing for doge - its hashrate will go down. Twice every 2 months. The coin will die from 51 attack approximatelly in 3-4Q 2014.
god i hope so...
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:10:43 AM

2) The supply is limited per year. Yes technically if you were to wait until the end of time there would be infinte DOGE, but that's not a very useful point.
If it ever becomes the case that there is too much DOGE they can just change the client.

sounds very much like FED-politics. only that the FED is probably more professional in their actions. doge devs seem to change the rules as they go along.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: