Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:28:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: buy some, sell some, and hold some  (Read 2089 times)
coconutter

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:39:49 PM

If you are trading, then why the hell you are going to hold? it makes no sense, if you want to hold then just buy and hold for some time, but it makes no sense to buy,sell, and to hold, because it is the opposite of what trading is meant for

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:21:57 PM

If you are trading, then why the hell you are going to hold? it makes no sense, if you want to hold then just buy and hold for some time, but it makes no sense to buy,sell, and to hold, because it is the opposite of what trading is meant for

If the trader is holding means what is the problem you see in that. Tell me that first mate. If the person have view about seeing profit in trading and hodling means you need to appreciate it you can else you can be at least silent.
Best as subject line says you can buy when coins are low and sell if you see spike on that coins and hold the coin also partially to make long term profit.
akashark

Activity: 387
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:22:51 PM

Then you are going in a right way. This is the best way for me. Many people always advised me that hold your coins for a big profit, don't sell. I heard and then I lost my assets  Lips sealed But now I am following this way. I am Holding a few coins and selling coins to make hand cash. I will never hold my 100% Coins anymore and everyone shouldn't do that.

bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:29:43 PM

I have heard of such strategy to sell some after the coin rise. For me, I buy and hold 100% of the coin until my target price. In this way, my target profit will not be diluted.
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:32:09 PM

not so clear with your statement., i think it will only cut your income after selling and holding some at the time the price starts to fall,,. the principle of trading just buy cheaply and sell at high price then do not leave to bear,, then it can be called term investment long,, then the profit will be very much,, most effective in transacting by buying at a low price and selling at high prices then the profits will continue to exist for you, keep doing it until you get bored.,..
jackky

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:47:21 PM

when you do trading, do you always think about this, "buy some, sell some, hold some."
When I traded, my strategy was to buy about 10% of my assets. If the price goes down, then I keep buying 10% more. I will always buy 10% if the price continues to fall and when the price rebound, I also make a little profit
Faxmate

Activity: 1071
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:49:30 PM

when you do trading, do you always think about this, "buy some, sell some, hold some."
I don't understand your strategy that buy some,sell some and hold some.Are you talking ablut bounty rewards?

You really need to follow biy low and sell high if you want the profits.

no, im talking about trading, for example i buy 100%, sell 70% and hold the 30%, for me its increasing profit.
I think one should have some mature decision about crypto currency because it happens that sometime we sell at holding and hold at selling, so better it depends on the time and the market situation, I think now is the best time to hold and buy and surely after few years or couple of months it will be good time to sell, so for now you should buy 100%, hold 100% and sell 0% it will surely make you get good profit.
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:11:28 AM

I mostly tend to trade the coins/tokens which i'm already holding and i never sell off all of my holdings, i sell a part of my bag say 50% and then trade with it, in order to increase the amount of coins i'm holding. However, in the current market situation i think holding is the only thing that can be done.

Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:44:21 AM

no, why need to sell anyways if you want to hold?  i think  you're talking about doing day trading and hodling for long run as well at the same time.'cause honestly that's not the basic method about doing trading , wherein the common strategy  is bid low and sell high .
Saichoukyushin

Activity: 770
Merit: 278

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:22:49 AM

If this is your strategy or method of trading and it works for you that's good. I don't know what particular part you are talking to but i give my opinion on this what i am doing is having some coins for long term, short term, midterm and aan extra money to buy when it go much dipper.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
bettercrypto

Activity: 1330
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 08:23:47 AM

I don't understand your strategy that buy some,sell some and hold some.Are you talking ablut bounty rewards?

It can be applied also when you entered already in trading eventhough you are not a bounty hunter. What the OP's strategy is much more complicated that the basic, what he wanted to convey is to buy, sell and hold coins simultaneously. Well, it must be because it is a strategy for a trader to give him more profits.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
tanzaholzmann

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:56:23 AM

Usually i buy coin or token some and sell some and hold.
But now, i must think to hold coin or token, because i has
Get price token or coin never up/rise/pump to long time, and never pump again.
Oh So Sad.
merrillolive

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:37:46 AM

I think if you buy a coin, you should choose holdings for a reasonable price to sell, we can wait for a reasonable price if you hold them for a long time. So do not sell and buy so you will lose the opportunity.
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 01:46:42 PM

I sometimes do this thing but usually I do hodl some or even sell all. Depends on the mood and of course, it depends on how the market's attitude throughout the days, weeks or even months.
jocker00

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 01:51:11 PM

that is the best way to tradeing,cause you don't know it sure when the market will go at the roof and when it will fall down it all happen all of a sudden.so the possible best way to do trading is to buy some then from there sell some and hold some for its future value.cuase it may benefit you when you don'
t know it for sure .i think its the best way of trading,without having a lot risk.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 02:15:36 PM

I've done it actually. Someone say too me to avoid the greed I have to do that. Buy when the price is cheap then sell when the price is high, but when I invest long term or short term then crashes come with a sudden I will sell some of my investment, then half I hold. On the contrary, when asset prices go up drastically I will not sell all my investments, I will sell them partly and some of them I hold and expect higher prices.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:20:54 PM

I thjnk doing it at the same time won't provide us the perfect profit that we all want. I believe that it is still important that we're all hodling if we have to. What I always do is just to buy at low and then sell at high afterwards, through it, I could get the complete profit that I want.
The strategy he suggested actually is in harmony with buying low and selling, only you do not sell all, but set a portion aside to still benefit from future rise in price and I think there's method in it, although it's likely not going to be some good strategy outside of the well capitalized cryptocurrencies, suffice to say, the strategy is worth the try only with some cryptocurrencies.
songoku1989

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:34:16 PM

no, im talking about trading, for example i buy 100%, sell 70% and hold the 30%, for me its increasing profit.

I usually do as you do. buy some, sell some and hold some. But we have to know the options. coin to buy, coin to sell and  coin to hold
RockBar0

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:45:03 PM

that is the best way to tradeing,cause you don't know it sure when the market will go at the roof and when it will fall down it all happen all of a sudden.so the possible best way to do trading is to buy some then from there sell some and hold some for its future value.cuase it may benefit you when you don'
t know it for sure .i think its the best way of trading,without having a lot risk.
Capital allocation is essential because it helps limit risk and increases the likelihood of receiving returns from different investments in the market. Make a clear investment plan and seriously implement it to be able to get maximum profit.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:48:43 PM

Depend on what do you act.

If you act for trader, it's kindda risky move if bitcoin still on downtrend
But if you act as investor, holding become the wise move ! Personally I prefer this option !
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: