Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:45:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: buy some, sell some, and hold some  (Read 2089 times)
zynan

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 12:06:54 PM

I do get what you mean but I don't usually do this, if I buy coins, I sell it all to get a profit, then jump on another coin to buy. But it always depends on the project of the coin that I bought if it is worth to hold then I will not sell it all, I'm gonna hold some. This could also be a good strategy for beginners on trading to lessen the risk of trading.

╔╦═╦════╣◆ TOPEX.IO - ICO & Bounty for Brand New Cryptocurrency Exchange ◆╠════╦═╦╗
╠╬═╬═══╣with loss compensation and profit  distribution between TPX token holders ╠═══╬═╬╣
╚╩═╩═══╩══╣FACEBOOK ✅ ╠═══╣ TWITTER ✅ ╠═══╣TELEGRAM ✅ ╠══╩═══╩═╩╝

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cdcjk

Activity: 106

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:13:19 PM

when you do trading, do you always think about this, "buy some, sell some, hold some."
Those are the three main things in cryptocurrency trading so I am always thinking about the currency that I can buy those that I can sell and of course those that I need to hold for some time from now.
beej

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:21:40 PM

when you do trading, do you always think about this, "buy some, sell some, hold some."

I've come across this, and I think I've also thought and done it. But as the market trend
changes I also change strategies. I think time is of the essence in some scenarios here.
There are coins with given time their prices and value tend to depreciate, they may be
coins you believe in and so you hold them for some time while you bought and sold some
other coins. But I think it's common practice for all to hold some for future investment
purposes.
ukboss

Activity: 742
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 01:56:31 PM

I’m a professional cryptocurrency and Forex Trader. As I know, some sell and some buy and hold it is a perfect thinking. If you see you can make a profit then you sell your altcoin or if you see market condition is not good so you must hold and if you see the market is very dumping so you must buy token for your good result. Buy, sell and hold it is a very magnificent calculation. 
developer101dev

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:23:27 PM

This formula is new to me and interesting. I have usually done that if I want to sell then sell everything at a good price, if I want to invest again, then buy low prices and wait for more prices. I never heard of such a formula.

In my own opinion, the strategy you mention is not a formula but it was the nature of trading because buying and selling at the right time will make you earn more profit.
JackyLon

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:36:59 PM

I suppose this is a good plan and you are less risky when selling some and keeping some. This time the market is very bad so be patient until the market rebounds. It will bring a lot of profit for you. trust me.
hotBriX001

Activity: 224
Merit: 6

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 04:02:46 PM

I do get what you mean but I don't usually do this, if I buy coins, I sell it all to get a profit, then jump on another coin to buy. But it always depends on the project of the coin that I bought if it is worth to hold then I will not sell it all, I'm gonna hold some. This could also be a good strategy for beginners on trading to lessen the risk of trading.

I think this kind of strategy to buy some, sell some and hold some will depends the behavior of the marketplace if how they behaves if it is profitable or not. And risk are always there but we can make it less in effect with our good observation and close monitoring of the marketplace condition.

▬▬ ● ● Destream Fine Ecosystem for STREAMERS ● ● ▬▬
▬▬ ● ● STREAMER'S FINANCIAL ECOSYSTEM ● ● ▬▬
speedy1987

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:11:23 PM

No i dont always think about this. This will push me into mind pressure. So i dont want this. Since i am part time trader, so whenever price are dropped, i would buy and if price increased sell inorder to make profit.
ubeng07

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:51:59 PM

I think this kind of strategy to buy some, sell some and hold some will depends the behavior of the marketplace if how they behaves if it is profitable or not. And risk are always there but we can make it less in effect with our good observation and close monitoring of the marketplace condition.
behavior of the market and the availability of your profit that you are now be able to buy what you have and ned to buy on , we are just stucking on what we can just have so always be careful on what we can also need to purchase on we can buy some all we want but always check for its availability.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:28:49 PM

well, of course it goes back to the needs of a trader. many people do that to keep their income and expenses balanced so they sell some for their needs, and hold some as assets, and buy some to use.
Hiluxury Bitcoin

Activity: 199
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:41:58 PM

No i dont always think about this. This will push me into mind pressure. So i dont want this. Since i am part time trader, so whenever price are dropped, i would buy and if price increased sell inorder to make profit.
I think this strategy is good too buy some, sell some and hold some but that time when the crypto market is green and you are right mate this strategy is also very best when market are down then buying more and market goes to green then selling is good.

--------------------Trustdice.win - Fair gaming platform built on blockchain technology--------------------
christofyler

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:43:45 PM

When am trading the things I do most is either I sell or hold..... I only buy if I see if the coin/token is  promising.  
elpape225

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:15:58 PM

https://bitcoinwarrior.net/2018/08/optitoken-initiates-buy-and-burn-protocol-token-surges-400-on-btc-alpha/
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:45:13 PM

That would be an effective way of earning for some people but as for me, that is not an effectice way to earn much. I believe that for us to earn, we should hodl and reinvest a part of our profit in a trusted token. We all have different strategies in trading and it depends on how we handle our earnings to gain a good profit.
Limar0

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:13:37 PM

For me, this simple thought is good and yes I am doing this lately. Buying some coins, selling some, and hold some especially those promising coins for a better profit in the future. But we shouldn't stick to this strategy all the way. We can do buying and holding only for a long time to earn a huge profit if selling is not really necessary.
ooeygooeygold

Activity: 465

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:21:06 PM

I think this strategy is good too buy some, sell some and hold some but that time when the crypto market is green and you are right mate this strategy is also very best when market are down then buying more and market goes to green then selling is good.
Investment strategy is essential to be more successful in any financial market and the same cryptocurrency. Investors should have a backup plan in case the market fluctuates so not too surprised because of that. I think the market will be better next month so investors should be calm during this period.
Fayefot

Activity: 128

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 01:04:44 AM

Actually at this point in time this is a good idea to buy some, sell some, hold some. This strategy for me is better than holding all or selling evrything. This strategy is a play safe.

Claudyah

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 01:57:00 AM

I have used the strategy, but I'm looking for profit but if I look at the market now we see where the profit is because the fluctuations continue to decline whether selling 70% will get a profit in the current month. What I do now is that I hold all my assets even more, even though getting the benefits requires a long period of time, but I avoid the risk of loss
Descon

Activity: 61
Merit: 3

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 02:04:12 AM

When i trade i always use first 10% of my capital to check if it will be profitable and if i lose that 10% i can still use 90% to get back what i lose so buy som sell some and hold some is a good strategy

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:31:02 AM

For me, this simple thought is good and yes I am doing this lately. Buying some coins, selling some, and hold some especially those promising coins for a better profit in the future. But we shouldn't stick to this strategy all the way. We can do buying and holding only for a long time to earn a huge profit if selling is not really necessary.
I think it depends on the strategy and conditions, it doesn't matter to use this strategy for the long term if it's still profitable? sometimes selling everything is also the right thing if your target selling price is reached, and you can sell some if you are still in doubt, again it depends on the strategy and conditions
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: