Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:09:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔴🔴🔴 Pokerbox.io a phishing website!!! Be careful!!! 🔴🔴🔴  (Read 150 times)
TitanAI (OP)

Activity: 232
Merit: 32

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:11:22 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2018, 04:42:57 AM by TitanAI

Just got an e-mail from Pokerbox.io to do KYC after I subscribed for their airdrop campaign (NOTE: I DO NOT endorse this project, and I don't mean to advertise pokerbox in any way, this is not an advertising thread so please keep your answers to the point, meaning if you have relevant information) and I don't usually do KYC, but I clicked out of curiosity and stumbled upon this... take a close look at the screenshots:

Now my question is, are they trying to scam people's wallets or is it legit what they are doing?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:57:54 AM

Will you be joining their air-drop? If yes, have you done enough research about the project? Apparently, John McFee is on their team which is too good to be true. Have you verified this? Which part of signing a message from your ETH wallet is part of the KYC?
If that is a phishing website, what is the original one? How did you get their mail if you haven't subscribed to any of their services?
darkrise

Activity: 259
Merit: 10

Crypto Revo

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 12:45:12 PM

I received the same email and the link they send you to sign a message for them is not even the real myetherwallet website.

I am quite confident that this is a scam and I did not proceed with their kyc verification and i dont even think there airdrop is real anymore.

I liked this project, what a pitty.

Open for Rent
TitanAI (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:40:19 PM

I received the same email and the link they send you to sign a message for them is not even the real myetherwallet website.

I am quite confident that this is a scam and I did not proceed with their kyc verification and i dont even think there airdrop is real anymore.

I liked this project, what a pitty.

Yeah, I looked at the link which was wrong, but it got my attention when it asked me to login on myetherwallet which can be seen in the screenshots.

TitanAI (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:17:42 AM

Will you be joining their air-drop? If yes, have you done enough research about the project? Apparently, John McFee is on their team which is too good to be true. Have you verified this? Which part of signing a message from your ETH wallet is part of the KYC?
If that is a phishing website, what is the original one? How did you get their mail if you haven't subscribed to any of their services?

The second part of KYC asks you to sign a message from myetherwallet but it is not myetherwallet URL if you look close to the screenshot

josectheone

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:23:20 AM

Just now I received the same email, this is a 100% scam. The telegram group was deleted so people can not warn others of the scam, there was 20k or so users in this group.A lot of people are going to lose their ether. 😓

Let me state it here so Google index it

support@pokerbox.io SCAM
https://www.pokerbox.io/Kyc/ SCAM
natalguaru

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:29:24 AM

I also received this email, for sure and phishing, do not put your key or lost your ethers, in fact it is a pitiful farce
TitanAI (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 12:07:54 PM

I need more confirmations and more evidence, could you guys post reliable information about this issue? Thanks

mamleader

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 01:36:33 PM

I need more confirmations and more evidence, could you guys post reliable information about this issue? Thanks
https://preview.ibb.co/fG1hP8/aa.jpg
the link they linking us for is blacklisted fake Etherwallet ..  it is fake ico to steal Ether.
TitanAI (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 04:12:41 PM

the link they linking us for is blacklisted fake Etherwallet ..  it is fake ico to steal Ether.

Do you have a screenshot of that? Where do you see it is blacklisted?

TitanAI (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:03:50 PM

This looks like a real phishing site. What a pity. No one should ask for your wallet keys. Super Heavyweight SCAM!
Please post evidence, other than I posted myself, we already see that it looks like a phishing website but I started this thread to get the community involved and find out more on this subject, people should be warned about what they are trying to pull off.

Khuletzky

Activity: 148
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:51:04 AM

i didn't receive any email from pokerbox.io but one of friend in groupchat does. He click the link and do the kyc and the mew signed message and his mew now got hacked. I strictly advise you,dont click and attempt to do kyc,that is phishing. better be safe than cry later. hope this help and hope everyone who receive the same email could read this post to minimize  the victim of phishing/hacking

▐▐      OKEX.com     ▐▐     The Most Trusted Digital Asset Exchange    ▐▐
TitanAI (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:39:18 AM

i didn't receive any email from pokerbox.io but one of friend in groupchat does. He click the link and do the kyc and the mew signed message and his mew now got hacked. I strictly advise you,dont click and attempt to do kyc,that is phishing. better be safe than cry later. hope this help and hope everyone who receive the same email could read this post to minimize  the victim of phishing/hacking

That was my first intention when I posted about this, the second was to get more data about this so people could learn more about protecting themselves. I really hope not many lost their wallets because of this phishing site. Be careful guys!!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: