Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:41:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook is starting to take the blockchain technology seriously.  (Read 175 times)
pokxon (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 09:42:56 AM

Facebook has announced an executive reshuffle
- Evan Cheng previously responsible for the programming language & Runtimes was moved to the position of Engineering Director, Blockchain.
- Cheng has been working at his previous position for nearly 3 years and worked for Apple nearly 10 years ago. He is an advisor to a number of blockchain startup companies, including Zilliqa and ChainLink, and frequently tweets on blockchain.
- His level of expertise shows that Facebook's approach to blockchain projects now exceeds the level of preliminary exploration.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Guider.travel  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:49:47 AM

Yes, great developments Smiley. Hope other tech giants follow suit. I know they will, since denying the potential of blockchain would definitely mean they'd miss the boat.

Hope they'll introduce their own currency soon, so mass adoption will go a lot quicker Smiley
knuckey

Activity: 1260
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:53:57 AM

blockchain is a very great technology in recent years, every year blockchain is always evolving and creating something new. look at the incredible steemit with its blockchain and if facebook wants to build its blockchain, then this will be great for them in the future.

but I just hope that facebook is not too sensitive with ico and other crypto, because I have been disappointed for the ban they ever made.
pokxon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 09:56:04 AM

Yes, great developments Smiley. Hope other tech giants follow suit. I know they will, since denying the potential of blockchain would definitely mean they'd miss the boat.

Hope they'll introduce their own currency soon, so mass adoption will go a lot quicker Smiley

Blockchain is a great technology. In the future, I think blockchain will be more applicable to life and replace old and complex technology. In addition, blockchain also creates a fertile soil for people to make money.

pokxon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 09:58:04 AM

blockchain is a very great technology in recent years, every year blockchain is always evolving and creating something new. look at the incredible steemit with its blockchain and if facebook wants to build its blockchain, then this will be great for them in the future.

but I just hope that facebook is not too sensitive with ico and other crypto, because I have been disappointed for the ban they ever made.
I thought they set up the ico and crypto bans because they were planning on having a crypto for themselves and that was the start of the revolution that facebook wants to look forward to.

Rules85

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:58:25 AM

Blockchain technology is being recognized by various international enterprises, so they are gradually recognizing blockchain.
So this is obviously good news for the cryptocurrency market.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1055
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:58:34 AM

Even there are rumors of facebook acquiring coinbase. There seems to be real talks and they might be just waiting for proper regulations to jump into the technology of future.
Facebook is competing with tech conglomerates of google and amazon and being the first to get involved directly in crypto would be profitable.

lunaelucemauram

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:02:32 AM

So Facebook are now starting its move to get the blockchain technology integrated in their platform. The coinbase rumor is one thing but this cements the rumors that Facebook will be joining the blockchain bandwagon. If companies such as Facebook will join the crypto industry then it will be a big development since the blockchain technology will be more accessible to the masses.
JacobLiam12
Copper Member

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 10:55:05 PM

Actually few days ago Fb banned crypto adds based on this their some issues but it’s a good news that they will be transform their tech in block chain tech based on this they may invent their own coin because few days ago there was a rumor but if they use this in different purpose its another case.

zxrcoin

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 12:42:30 PM

I think that's a good news for the cryptocurrency community. Through Facebook, cryptocurrency will get more exposure. As a result, more people will be interested to invest in cryptocurrency.
eliek18

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:38:51 PM

Even there are rumors of facebook acquiring coinbase. There seems to be real talks and they might be just waiting for proper regulations to jump into the technology of future.
Facebook is competing with tech conglomerates of google and amazon and being the first to get involved directly in crypto would be profitable.
zinson01

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 02:08:21 PM

This is really great news. Blockchain is an extremely incredible innovation as of late; consistently blockchain is continually developing and making something new. Take a gander at the mind blowing Steemit with its blockchain and if Facebook needs to construct its blockchain, at that point this will be extraordinary for them. This will add value to the market.
sam53

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:14:06 PM

Seem like a great news at this time Smiley. I think there will be no banning on cryptocurrency on Facebook anymore. LOL. But let wait to see if Facebook is going to create their own cryptocurrency or not or they just wanna develop their social network depend on Blockchain technology only without creating their own cryptocurrency. I hope that they will have their own cryptocurrency and everyone can run ads on Facebook by paying by cryptocurrency of Facebook Smiley)
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:18:38 PM

Seem like a great news at this time Smiley. I think there will be no banning on cryptocurrency on Facebook anymore. LOL. But let wait to see if Facebook is going to create their own cryptocurrency or not or they just wanna develop their social network depend on Blockchain technology only without creating their own cryptocurrency. I hope that they will have their own cryptocurrency and everyone can run ads on Facebook by paying by cryptocurrency of Facebook Smiley)
banning ads that existed some time ago did make the level of trust decreased. but now I think Facebook is on track to support the development of digital currency. when prohibiting Ico ads then it is a natural thing because at this time indeed most projects ico fail. with the adoption of blockchain then this will certainly make the digital currency more known, a good step in increasing public confidence in the digital currency. we now just keep waiting until the aspects that play a role in digital currency are getting fulfilled and can make blockchain become one of the most useful technology.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:21:42 PM

banning ads that existed some time ago did make the level of trust decreased. but now I think Facebook is on track to support the development of digital currency. when prohibiting Ico ads then it is a natural thing because at this time indeed most projects ico fail. with the adoption of blockchain then this will certainly make the digital currency more known, a good step in increasing public confidence in the digital currency. we now just keep waiting until the aspects that play a role in digital currency are getting fulfilled and can make blockchain become one of the most useful technology.
Facebook even gets so many petition from the canadians countries due to their act to ban crypto related advertisement. Facebook try to lift the ban rather than getting banned by all of the canadians countries lol facebook was enough to creating another joke

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
febrian1705

Activity: 170

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:28:38 PM

I think it's not just facebook that will take over blockchain ..
but it is the blockchain that will take charge of the current "advanced technology.
because blockchain technology will provide the best in the future
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:31:58 PM

Well, I just believe that Facebook will be the only social media to use in the future.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
waorana

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:38:40 PM

I'm glad to read that Facebook is approaching the blockchain sector, given the fact that a few months ago had decided to ban the advertising of ICO, it seems that it wants to change direction. A few months ago I had also read rumors about the creation of a cryptocurrency; until today there are no official confirmations but I hope that in the future they will arrive
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:41:00 PM

It seems that facebook plans to implement their own cryptocurrency are serious although I don't know what utility it could have. Facebook is supposedly a free platform in which, if I'm not wrong, there are no paid services, and using Facebook to make transactions between individuals would not make much sense, unless you don't care about your privacy at all. It seems an attempt not to become obsolete more than anything else.
jasydoggye

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:46:50 PM

If facebook somehow joins with the crypto world it can be very much beneficial for both of them.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: