Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:04:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people don't switch to Kraken?  (Read 2898 times)
CryptoPanda (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 302

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:22:42 PM

With all the problems most of the few major exchanges are experiences why kraken isn't getting much traction?
From what I've read they are legit and well funded UK based exchange, so should be all good.
Or I'm missing something here?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CrashX

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:58:06 PM

They need to promoted, not allot of people hear of them.  Also its Trust,  Bitstamp, BTC-e, OkCoin, BTCChina, Huobi, and  the Ponzi scheme Mt.Gox, are had been promoted or are old, ones of the first to come out.
faiza1990

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:21:38 PM

I just join them and its seems some good exchange hope soon they will do some marketing and have some good value in this field

ledmaniak

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:27:48 PM

With all the problems most of the few major exchanges are experiences why kraken isn't getting much traction?
From what I've read they are legit and well funded UK based exchange, so should be all good.
Uhm not quite..

They are US based but have found a bank in Germany(Fidor Bank) that will do all of their banking transactions of fiat currency.
Due to licensing issues in the US, most of their customers are in europe and that's why the XBT/EUR volume is bigger than XBT/USD.

I also love this exchange. They run it very professional and deposit/withdrawals work with SEPA(european banking system) which makes it quite reliable and fast.
They have some nice advanced trading options and leveraged trading is prepared in the system and will be enabled when the volume is big enough.

They once stated that they do not advertise on purpose so they can grow steadily without growing pains that come with advertising and new customers.

Bitcoin: 1Cxi8BLvScSm1mW6kjb5MNeJZPrvAiYL6B
Litecoin: LLmjtrrq1ZeD51NSUJ8VanuQduW8Ma3jrs
5thStreetResearch

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 08:47:00 PM

Uhm not quite..

They are US based but have found a bank in Germany(Fidor Bank) that will do all of their banking transactions of fiat currency.
Due to licensing issues in the US, most of their customers are in europe and that's why the XBT/EUR volume is bigger than XBT/USD.

I also love this exchange. They run it very professional and deposit/withdrawals work with SEPA(european banking system) which makes it quite reliable and fast.
They have some nice advanced trading options and leveraged trading is prepared in the system and will be enabled when the volume is big enough.

They once stated that they do not advertise on purpose so they can grow steadily without growing pains that come with advertising and new customers.

new customers are growing pains?  How else do they expect to grow?  Doesnt seem like a very good business model.

ledmaniak

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:54:46 PM

On other exchanges we have seen that they had/have a very hard time to cope with a sudden increase of new customers, all demanding personal service, having problems, server load, etc. From what I heard and have seen, their customer base is still growing fast already.. Kraken wants to prevent 'growing pains' and deliver good service and that's why they don't advertise yet.

I find that a very acceptable business model: service first and then grow together with the available resources.

coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:59:32 PM

They are not UK-based. They are a US company. Also, it doesn't serve (most) US-based customers, which is a lot of traders. That said, they are great and I love them. Also note that most of the volume is on the BTC/EUR market.

Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 02:14:19 AM

And they need to get a real address in the US, not the same drop box place Tradehill used.
hostmaster

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 02:15:52 AM

bad marketing the sole reason for this...
Delarock

Activity: 388

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:28:14 AM

Honestly... I can't take them seriously because of their name.
bittencoin

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:56:50 AM

And they need to get a real address in the US, not the same drop box place Tradehill used.

The current addresses for the two companies are not the same.  Do you have any proof that one of them had have the same dropbox address as that is currently in use by either of the two?

I am asking solidify my strong suspicion that tradehill and kraken are basically being run by the same people (scammers).  Tradehill still owes me a significant amount of btc that could worth 6 figures at the current prices.

highirly

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 08:11:21 AM

Month ago i had bitstamp.net and kraken.com as option to withdraw. i choose kraken.com because one dude from my country (SLO) said, they process withdraw in 24 hrs, although price is smaller than bitstamp, i withdrawed 5 times now, every time the money was in less than 24 hours in bank.
CryptoPanda (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 302

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:05:32 PM

Month ago i had bitstamp.net and kraken.com as option to withdraw. i choose kraken.com because one dude from my country (SLO) said, they process withdraw in 24 hrs, although price is smaller than bitstamp, i withdrawed 5 times now, every time the money was in less than 24 hours in bank.

that's really good! From which country they send the wires?
ledmaniak

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:07:01 PM

that's really good! From which country they send the wires?
Germany.

dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 01:24:40 PM

Kraken API does not seem to give a way to withdrawal BTC...

Also for some reason "XBT" angers me
ledmaniak

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:00:12 PM

Safety reasons. Why would you want to withdraw with the API? BTC-e is also unable to withdraw with the API.

XBT = iso notation. All exchanges should use this IMHO.

dave111223
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 02:15:48 PM

Safety reasons. Why would you want to withdraw with the API? BTC-e is also unable to withdraw with the API.

If you are using the exchange for business (ie Bitcoin ATM, bitcoin OTC services etc...)
Sparkzor

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:17:04 PM

Kraken is good.
https://www.fybse.se/ is really good too. If you live in Sweden the money is in your account the next day! You can make international withdrawals too
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:18:10 PM

Interestingly enough, when creating an API key, there is a checkbox to (dis)allow withdrawal of funds using that key. So at some stage in the development, API-withdrawals were planned (and maybe they still are).
dave111223
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 02:20:02 PM

Interestingly enough, when creating an API key, there is a checkbox to (dis)allow withdrawal of funds using that key. So at some stage in the development, API-withdrawals were planned (and maybe they still are).

Yeah I just signed up and noticed this...but does not seem to be any mention of it in the API docs.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: