Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 02:35:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help: Asus Z87- K and C both have issues when mining  (Read 571 times)
BrewCrewFan (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:36:24 PM

I got all sorts of mobos mining. MSI, EVGA, gigabyte... all never give me issues like these 2 versions of asus mobos do.

consistant crashing of mining, one of them when used to mine, the system clock actually slows down. Yes, that is right, SLOWS DOWN. When I reboot the clock would of course reset.... but once you start mining, it takes a poo.

I ran 207x's in both of them. I could not get anything stable in either of them. Even defualt settings. I eventually ended up taking out the gpu engine and mem flags out of the conf file, but then your looking at ~300k hash each. That is total garbage.

SO with that said, I am going to try switching out cards and see if maybe my 7850s will play nice in there....I ended up moving the C version to my main rig for I dont mine on that one ( gaming and everyday usuage ).... but I ended up getting a K version and its been nothing short of shit.... unless someone knows a reason WHY it would be doing this... that would help but ATM looks like I got another paper weight. I might take it back to the store too because well... its shit.

Quick note:

It would seem like the drivers crash when mining .... why that would be I have no idea...if I cant even run a 1050/1400 which is stock speeds for the GPUs... what is the point? Ive tried all sorts of stuff including re installing windows, win 8.1... I may "try" windows 7 and see what happens if it gives the 7850s issues but really... I though asus was the king of mobos, though I never had any luck with them sense the sckt 754 days.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: