Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:47:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][0%FEE] DOGECOIN POOL MINE! DOGEPOLIS.COM [NO BOTNETS!]  (Read 4404 times)
iru786

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:19:26 PM

Something is fishy here.. Or am i just being paranoid? Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mountaineeer

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:33:24 PM

Either they took a vacation (understandable) or this is the makings of another scam pool. If its not a joke\scam a little communication or advanced warning goes a long way. I wasted a whole day mining with these clowns and trying to track down support. I would avoid like the plague until we hear something...
iru786

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:58:28 PM

Same here. Wasted lots of time on this pool. Tried to do a manual payout and that dint work as well. No reply from Mods...  Angry

Edit : Manual payout finally worked..... But still no new transaction for more than 24hours and no communication from Admins?
michi

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:28:52 PM

Withdrawals not happening and yeah, no more blocks being credited.

Yet another take-it-and-run scam pool...  Last update is "we're on the right fork, keep mining."
I have doge in my account there that I'm guessing I'm never going to see.

This is run by the same folks as fast-pool, so why they wont answer questions about dogepolis is beyond me.
shrapnel_levi

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:04:00 AM

My Balance hasn't increased since yesterday. Been mining for the past 12-13 hours. Now I come here & find out I'm not the only one. Oh well, I hope whatever is causing this issue gets resolved asap & we all get our Shares. 
Mountaineeer

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:05:54 AM

I would stop mining on this pool immediately. Something is up, support went dark, current block keeps bouncing off 1000%. Stay far far away. Fast-pool seems to be working well, I've had good luck with multipool.us as well.
Hornedfrog

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:59:40 PM

Same here. Wasted lots of time on this pool. Tried to do a manual payout and that dint work as well. No reply from Mods...  Angry

Edit : Manual payout finally worked..... But still no new transaction for more than 24hours and no communication from Admins?

How were you able to do a manual payout?  Thanks.
Mountaineeer

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:32:49 PM

Looking more and more like scam. Other Doge pools seem to be completely fine...avoid!!!!
michi

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:07:41 PM

How were you able to do a manual payout?  Thanks.

From what I can tell, they disabled manual payout.  I have around 1000 doge in there, and my auto payout is set to 100 doge -- no payout happening.

I'm guessing what they're doing is keeping it online until all of the hashing drops off (as they're still making doge right now, because some people probably 'set and forget' their rigs ; they'll sure be having a rude awakening soon) -- and then once it does they'll shut the site down and it'll disappear.

No response from support emails for me, no autopayout, manual payout disabled.... 

Banner says "Wait until the doge devs fix problem" - as far as I know, every single other pool and site has "gotten over" the fork and with 1.5.2, the issue is a non issue and it's in our past.

Dogepolis seems to be trying to buy time, I'm guessing, by blaming it on the fork.   But, this is crypto. I had BTC at 50btc.com.   With crypto, it seems like there's a 33% chance that anything you involve yourself in will be a scam to take the coins and run.

At this point, unless the admin does something like, today, I'm pretty confident (unfortunately) that this is a scampool that will soon go dark with all of our coins.
viatorek

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:04:49 PM

Looking more and more like scam. Other Doge pools seem to be completely fine...avoid!!!!

we are not scam....ask dogecoin developers whats going on first...

thats why all pools stopped paying to people and only manual payout works

i dont think dogepolis will survive this so.........
michi

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:47:15 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 10:03:47 PM by michi

we are not scam....ask dogecoin developers whats going on first...

thats why all pools stopped paying to people and only manual payout works

i dont think dogepolis will survive this so.........

Viatorek,
How come every other pool seems to be recovering? You talk about other pools doing manual payouts, but you aren't.

• Dogehouse.org is doing manual payouts - and auto payouts - (even though they haven't updated their message. I got an auto payout this morning.).
  • Fast-pool.com is doing manual payouts.
  • Multipool.us, one of the pools that wanted to stay on 1.4.0, is now doing both auto and manual payouts.
  • Hashfaster is staying on 1.4.0 for the time being but forced themselves to resync to the right blocks. They are doing manual payouts.

Dogepolis is NOT even doing manual payouts. Dogepolis is KEEPING COINS.  Dogepolis is also *not finding any blocks* and every single other pool is. This is unique to Dogepolis. The fork is old news and most reputable pools are addressing it, not just staying on the old fork and keeping coins.

Again: I've heard from the dogecoin developers and the concensus is: the pools got together and chose the correct fork, and they're all on that now.

I'm guessing Dogepolis was not part of that discussion and is not on the right fork?
The longer you guys blame this on the fork, the less credibility you're going to have.

1) Why aren't you answering emails?
2) Again, why is Dogepolis the only pool repeatedly "bumping into 1000%" and not progressing onto any other blocks for 3 days now?
3) Why is Dogepolis refusing to pay out even confirmed coins in people's accounts that were there before the fork?
4) Why has Dogepolis disabled both auto AND manual payout whereas you've even said other pools are running manual?
...(Allthough, other pools actually are beginning to do auto payout now.)
5)How come the fork issue appears to have been mitigated and moved on from with everyone else, except Dogepolis?

... And now you're saying "I don't think Dogepolis will survive this." - sounds like an excuse to go dark with everyone's coins.
If this is what you're considering: please, don't be "another one of those pools".
Charge 1% fee if you want to haul in coins from pool operations. I certainly don't give a damn about a fee if the mining is good.

Can you answer these questions?
If you're waiting for the dogecoin developers to magically move you onto the right fork, it's not going to happen.
You need to do it yourself. The fork issue has been resolved, so, get with it:

A) Update Dogepolis's wallet to 1.5.2 (backing up the wallet data first), or if you want to stay on 1.4.0, delete the existing blockchain data.
B) Delete the existing blockchain data files and block index file,
C) Move Dogepolis' wallet data back in,
D) Allow it to sync in 1.5.2, (or even 1.4.0 with blank block data) which will get it on the CORRECT fork,
E) Wait for transaction verification and new blocks and carry on with life.

I'm sorry, I've been in the crypto game since 2010 or so and I'm really, really sick of this whole "Oh my, we've been hacked and lost all of your coins!" or, "Oh bother, there was a network error and we lost all of your coins!" crap.  It's like a broken record now, and a lot of us are REALLY tired of it and can see it coming a hundred miles away.  The whole pattern of "Start a pool, get it popular, then get """"hacked"""" or have a """"crash"""", and then go dark / reset from scratch and keep the coins" is almost becoming a meme at this point.

Answer the questions and follow the steps and the community will give Dogepolis another chance.

If you sit there and remain the only pool left that hasn't dealt with the fork, then, yeah, people are just going to leave and never trust you again. But who knows, dogepolis' current wallet.dat value may be all you care about right now, and you're just waiting for the remaining coins to trickle in before the remaining miners wake up and leave, before absconding.

I hate to put it this way, but when you're dealing with other people's work and money,  you need to either sh*t or get off the pot.
michi

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:29:38 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 12:55:45 AM by michi

Now, fast-pool.com , which is run by the same guys as dogepolis, is doing the exact same thing as dogepolis.  Average block finding was 2-5 minutes, now the pool is at >950%, has been chugging at that for about 2 hours without finding anything or doing any payouts.

Everyone's free to draw their own conclusions here.  Maybe it's "another fork", but.. 'curiouser and curiouser'.

EDIT: it's moved on and now there's unconfirmed payments again...  so guys - maybe try the same thing to get it going on dogepolis? hm?
Mountaineeer

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:30:24 AM

You don't think it will survive? Then payout what coins people have earned and shut it down. Or were you going to conveniently keep them?
qumefox

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:12:19 PM

So what's the deal with dogepolis?  Having read through the dev convo on github regarding the fork, there appears to be patches/workarounds to make 1.4.x wallets use the correct fork and sync properly, as well as 1.5.2 should have fixed the pool payout issues.

Every other pool seems to have gotten over the fork now. So what exactly is the 'problem with the code' that's causing payouts on dogepolis to remain disabled?
werdwerdus

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:11:15 AM

site is completely down now, it's not just me http://isup.me/dogepolis.com  guess I lost my 4,400 DOGE that was left in there with no payouts available

qumefox

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:00:20 PM

Still works for me.. not that it matters since payouts are still disabled
viatorek

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 09:38:25 PM

its was ddosed till deatch
we gone fix payouts in this weekend
SaraMine

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 10:49:04 PM

its fixed now..
email confirmations works...
payout works
please cashout

Lettuce Joans

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:06:10 AM

great, so my 13,590 valids are worthless now?

I've been mining on fast-pool since i started doge mining and stayed loyal, can I get any kind of compensation?
qumefox

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:24:49 PM

great, so my 13,590 valids are worthless now?

I've been mining on fast-pool since i started doge mining and stayed loyal, can I get any kind of compensation?

Uh, you were warned to stop mining on dogepolis a while ago.. by us as well as a message on the pool itself to go back to fast-pool. Also, while dogepolis is associated with fast-pool, it isn't fast-pool. So i'm not sure what mining on fast-pool would have to do with mining on dogepolis.

and those shares weren't 'worthless'  They were applied to a block when one was found. unfortunately it was a low value block, and since the payouts are proportional, you got whatever percentage your shares equaled.

your 13.5k shares sounds like a lot until you realize there were 56 MILLION shares total in that block.

People need to just cash out of dogepolis and let it die. I imagine it will go dark before much longer.  I think it's only been fixed temporarily to give people a chance to pull what doge they have in it out.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: