Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:51:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minimum break-even time for your rig?  (Read 752 times)
bitinterest (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:19:36 PM

Hey guys!

Still interested in buying ASIC miners even with the recent fall in bitcoin value? I'm just wondering: what would be the minimum break-even time that you would buy a bitcoin miner with?
ujka

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:35:34 PM

You mean maximum break-even time I would still be comfortable with? 3 months, and the hardware has to be in-stock, not pre-order.
goggles1200

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:05:30 PM

Depends on what you are willing to spend. Antminer S1 are 1.45BTC right now, in Slush's pool (which is having crappy luck), I get .006 per block and about .02 - .05 per day depending on luck. That will put me at about 1.5 months to hit even. I wouldn't go anything than a S1 right now. Price is too good to get anything else.
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:52:49 PM

Well it was was 1 month when I ordered it, 2 months when it arrived, and 3 months since the price crash!  Cry

All the fun of the block chain! Probably cheaper to buy the coins right now than a miner.  Roll Eyes

bitinterest (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:01:31 AM

You mean maximum break-even time I would still be comfortable with? 3 months, and the hardware has to be in-stock, not pre-order.

Yeah maximum break-even time. Would you ask for a shorter break-even time for more expensive equipment?

Depends on what you are willing to spend. Antminer S1 are 1.45BTC right now, in Slush's pool (which is having crappy luck), I get .006 per block and about .02 - .05 per day depending on luck. That will put me at about 1.5 months to hit even. I wouldn't go anything than a S1 right now. Price is too good to get anything else.

Yeah at the current btc value, it's a nice price. I wonder why they aren't sold out though.

Well it was was 1 month when I ordered it, 2 months when it arrived, and 3 months since the price crash!  Cry

All the fun of the block chain! Probably cheaper to buy the coins right now than a miner.  Roll Eyes

What did you order?

Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:23:13 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 05:36:22 PM by Gator-hex

What did you order?

4.5 BTC = 6x Hex16B in late November, 1/6 came December, 5/6 arrived January, ROI = 2.25BTC so far, est. 0.05BTC per day (50 days more!).

5 BTC = 2x Hex8A1 in January, looks to be shipping on time, ROI = est. 0.1BTC per day (50 days+).

I earned 8.8 BTC with graphics cards. My plan to reinvest BTC into ASICs to make more BTC, is er... hopefully going to break even one day! Cheesy

Todays $500 BTC price is very cheap compared to the cost of hardware to keep up with difficulty. You have to be crazy to be a miner! Some people lose huge fortunes pre-ordering miners! I know someone who started earlier than me with GPUs who could have been a $millionaire if he had just hung on to the BTC and sold at $1000+ instead of pre-ordering with BFL!

I've never been in it for the $ though, I just want to help create a bank/debt free currency, I spend in BTC to change the world one bit at a time!  Tongue

bitinterest (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:47:20 PM

What did you order?

4.5 BTC = 6x Hex16B in late November, 1/6 came December, 5/6 arrived January, ROI = 2.25BTC so far, est. 0.05BTC per day (50 days more!).

5 BTC = 2x Hex8A1 in January, looks to be shipping on time, ROI = est. 0.1BTC per day (50 days+).

I earned 8.8 BTC with graphics cards. My plan to reinvest BTC into ASICs to make more BTC, is er... hopefully going to break even one day! Cheesy

Todays $500 BTC price is very cheap compared to the cost of hardware to keep up with difficulty. You have to be crazy to be a miner! Some people lose huge fortunes pre-ordering miners! I know someone who started earlier than me with GPUs who could have been a $millionaire if he had just hung on to the BTC and sold at $1000+ instead of pre-ordering with BFL!

I've never been in it for the $ though, I just want to help create a bank/debt free currency, I spend in BTC to change the world one bit at a time!  Tongue

It's nice to hear people are not in it only for the money Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: