Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:35:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Survey about Bitcoin economics  (Read 1327 times)
lonelyminer (Peter Šurda) (OP)
Donator

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 08:49:09 PM

Hello,

I'm writing a master's thesis about economics of Bitcoin, and as a part of it I am conducting a survey. I already mentioned the survey on the #bitcoin IRC channel and on the Bitcoin People google group, but I thought I'd mention it here too:

https://www.rationalsurvey.com/s/1412

Some of the questions might be considered too revealing (e.g. how much you invested into bitcoins, how many bitcoins did you have and so on), so if you do not feel comfortable, do not fill it out. If you worry about authenticity of the survey, I was on the London Bitcoin Weekend last week and you can hear me on some of the recordings (I'm not sure if I'm visible on any of them). Also, here's a picture of me with Amir Taaki and Vladimir Marchenko: http://shurdeek.shurdix.org/tmp/amir_vladimir_peter.jpg
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
t3a

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 09:29:19 PM

This survey will be biased because people taking it are on a bitcoin dedicated forum.

Advertise here for 10btc/day
Donator

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 11:30:35 PM

The survey analyses the activities and opinions of Bitcoin users and enthusiasts so it makes no sense if non-users participate. There is no point to ask a non-Bitcoin-user for his mining performance or if he lost Bitcoins when mybitcoin went belly up.

While some questions are meaningfully answerable also by non-users, the answers will not be interpreted as the opinion of general populace.
mndrix
Michael Hendricks
VIP

Activity: 447
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 02:35:41 PM

Will you please link to your thesis from this thread when it's finished?  I'm intrigued to see the survey results and your analysis.  Thanks.
Donator

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 09:25:08 PM

I'll be happy to post the link, and the raw data from survey will be published too.
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 11:11:04 PM

Interesting. Alright, i'm in.

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
bprsFbc0

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 04:25:45 PM

How has the response been so far, how many people have completed the survey?
escialsped

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 04:45:24 PM

I will take this to help you write your thesis  Smiley
Donator

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 07:42:03 PM

Thank you for your help.

I do not want to disclose the results (including number of respondents) before the survey is over (well at least until I decide to make the dataset final), as that might influence the responses.
escialsped

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 10:02:13 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2015, 02:19:38 AM by escialsped

Thank you for your help.

I do not want to disclose the results (including number of respondents) before the survey is over (well at least until I decide to make the dataset final), as that might influence the responses.

No problem.
Rarity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 10:23:17 PM

Interesting survey, I'll pass it on to some other bitcoin users I know.

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: