Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:53:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is This the New Way of Marketing in ANN threads?  (Read 199 times)
vphasitha01 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 04:08:39 AM

Recently I have seen that one thread promoting some kind of exchange called "Nessie.io" in ANN section. Now it's the most merited recent topic with having 138 Merits (it's more than what "welsh" got for his masterpiece of "Report effectively". Is this the thrend for merit abusers? Is this the new way of marketing?

• Choosing a Newbie account or creating a new one
  • Posting the content that you want to do marketing (it can be some exchange, some shit coin... etc)
  • Giving away loads of sMerits to that thread by their own officials or sometimes agents promoting that site or shitcoin.
  • Getting rank up (in this case being number 1) in the Top-merited recent topics
  • Getting members attention without spending a penny(free marketing)

I think this is "conflict of interest" by giving away so many sMerits to a thread by its own promoters and some of the members begin to believe that "oh no this project has huge potential ( since having loads of sMerits)". Actually I  don't know wether Nessie.io has some potential or not. I just want highlight the fact of how the Merits have been manipulated in ANN threads.

There is a recent ongoing debate also going on regarding not giving sMerits for the posts in ANN section and I'm a true supporter of that idea. One last thing about Merit system, this is what "theymos" said...

While we will not be directly moderating this, I encourage people to give merit to posts that are objectively high-quality, not just posts that you agree with.

Link>>>Nessie.io - Exchange with Seamless Access to Digital Wallet & Gaming Services

Dogedigital - Wearing Nessie.io avatar and also having red trust too, gave 50 sMerits
AcoinL.L.C - Wearing Nessie.io avatar and gave 30 sMerits
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yakovs

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:26:47 AM

While we will not be directly moderating this, I encourage people to give merit to posts that are objectively high-quality, not just posts that you agree with.

Though he has mentioned that members should not give merits on posts they just agree with but I doubt most will follow. Most of the people act based on emotions instead of rational thinking. This is not even something specific that can be monitored or evaluated by the staff.
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1499

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 06:06:49 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2018, 07:42:59 AM by Don Pedro Dinero

Although I agree with the idea of banning merits for the ANN section, that doesn’t seem to me a case of merit abuse with the current rules. I don’t think that ANN thread has been created with the purpose of account farming and ranking up.

The problem is the amount of merits per person it has been given. The merit system must be improved. I hope to see some changes and one of them has to be a limit to the number of merits that one user can send to one post. I would put a limit of 5 to 10 merits per post maximum. Otherwise you can see posts merited by just 3 or 4 people with over 100 merits in total whereas others merited by more than 10 don’t add up more than 20 merits.

If a post is good enough many people will merit it. 31 people have merited Welsh’s thread whereas just 6 people have merited this one.

madnessteat
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1983

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 06:45:44 AM

I consider it a violation of the forum rules. It turns out that people manipulate the system of merit to promote his ANN thread on the forum. I think that the moderators need to take action!

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
vphasitha01 (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:20:00 AM
Merited by Vod (2)

Although I agree with the idea of banning merits for the ANN section, that doesn’t seem to me a case of merit abuse with the current rules.
Yeah it's not technically. But sometimes small holes in the rules will makes abusers to ruin the system and getting away through that holes. Then I think rules need.to be changed. Do you still think it's not a merit abuse(according to your subconscious)?

I don’t think that ANN thread has been created with the purpose of account farming and ranking up.
Is that mean "account farming" and " ranking up" is the only offences taken as Merit abuse? No I don't think so.

The problem is the amount of merits per person it has been given. The merit system must be improved, and I hope to see some changes and one of them has to be a limit per post. I would put a limit of 5 to 10 merits per post maximum.
It is nice to see some of the responsible members  are putting self discipline rules for their distribution of Merits. They are the members who takes that job seriously when spending Merits and not spending as only you can.

We should not "limit the merits per post" but "limit the number of Merits that one user can send to a one post"

If a post is good enough many people will merit it. 31 people have merited Welsh’s thread whereas just 6 people have merited this one.
Agreed and that's what I have highlighted. At the end of the day don't know why admins/mods are watching by giving some explanations, not the actions.

The main point I'm highlighting is " we can't allowed to use Merits as a tool for just marketing some shitcoin or external site by their promoters not the actual endusers of that site."
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1499

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 07:38:27 AM

We should not "limit the merits per post" but "limit the number of Merits that one user can send to a one post"

I meant that. You stated it better and I've edited it. Thanks.

As for the other point,

The main point I'm highlighting is " we can't allowed to use Merits as a tool for just marketing some shitcoin or external site by their promoters not the actual endusers of that site."

I'm not so sure this is such a case. I'll wait to see others' opinions.

MainIbem

Activity: 1330
Merit: 385

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:25:44 AM

So members have shifted from complaining about the merit system and calling for ban, to innovating schemes to award and be rewarded with merits.

We have to think faster else we will always be playing catch up.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

vphasitha01 (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:36:23 AM

This newbie just spamming all over the ANN Threads by saying he has some kind of bot which auto reply for Bitcointalk threads and even it can solve the captcha thing also. This member already included a YouTube guide also. Mods/senior members can you guys just stop this member or bot. I even didn't know they are offering these kind of  servises for Bounties. Those sites are the main root of spam fest.

Link>>>https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2266177

This is another kind of marketing in ANN threads we should stop ASAP.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 11:45:30 AM

I believe that it should not be possible to award merits to any underworld posts, and that they should not count towards activity. Unfortunately this would lead to an increase in spam on the main boards.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
vphasitha01 (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:37:54 PM

I believe that it should not be possible to award merits to any underworld posts, and that they should not count towards activity.
I'm also believing that we should implement those suggestions asap and  hope admins/mods sees in that way too. Let's make some noise until staff hears what the community request at the moment. "JC" as a legendary member can be a influencer to concrete this good suggestions.

Unfortunately this would lead to an increase in spam on the main boards.
Don't think that way mate, other wise we as members always have to play the wait and watch game. I think someone ( higher rank members and members who cares always about bitcointalk like you) has to stand up and give the massage to the admin / staff about this hot potato. We always taking two steps backwards by thinking what will happened if those underworld posters didn't got merits and even didn't count their posts as activity. Why can't we think those spammers would leave since there is no monetary values for their posters in ANN threads. (Isnt that great if it happened?) . So try to see the positive sides of a solution rather always seeing the crocodiles in the basin. Wink
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:02:05 PM

Are they tagged yet or are we going to give a free pass to them? they are obviously using merits to attract more people for their site, using merits for financial gains on this level is outrageous. I really don't think that any responsible member should send 50 merits for a service they support.

🖤😏
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: