Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:35:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting rid of scam bounties  (Read 294 times)
vendorLazy

Activity: 121
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:41:00 AM

By the way fellas, I saw that lot of times when a person doesn't follow the rules and start blaming the bounty. You better read everything twice to avoid that nasty situations

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
STSToken

Activity: 65

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:03:59 PM

I really recommend to look for the whitepaper before spending your time in bounties, ICO, airdrops.
yecats

Activity: 395
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:07:28 PM

It is really  our  responsibility  to know   weather the bounty  campaign  is  good campaign or a scam. Just  always double check  project to get  rid of  the  scam  bounties  don't  just  depend  on the  community  or  how it's  really popular  because  there's   a lot of  bounties  who runs  very  well during the  campaign  but  after there is no  development.  
hengha

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:10:18 PM

It’s normal to encounter such a scam. I often see similar bounty tasks, and I found a very comedy thing. Many of the good bounty tasks we agreed with eventually disappeared, and some seemed to be inferior. The task has earned me a reward!

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
bird17

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:40:51 PM

700 000 USD for bounty is not much, I participated in the bounty with a budget of 2-3 million, so this is normal. Do an analysis of the project and the team
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:01:48 PM

So, obviously there is a lot of bounties out there that are not that great, some of them are really good, but some of them just scams.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4419196.0

I just found this project, and it has some things that worry me.
First bad sign was a "guaranteed prize pool of 700k USD for bounty participants".  No project can realistically guarantee a prize pool that big.
Started to dig a little further and took a look at their reddit presence https://www.reddit.com/user/1apayment/ (basically non-existent)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIJMXVm3bqn5SK9PvGXxqkQ - Youtube channel is very primary.
After taking a look at their team, it pretty much closed the deal for me.  I can't prove beyond a doubt that it is a scam, but everything adds up.  I'm not saying that I've proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is a scam, but I want to open a conversation to see what people think about this, and to see what kind be done about this kind of thing.

Anyways, I am wondering if there is a better place I could have posted this, or how else to deal with this.  In my opinion it is important to keep the message boards clean, and to get rid of projects that don't deserve attention.  Is there a system in place to deal with this sort of thing?  If so, what is it, and can low reputation individuals such as myself contribute?
In 700k you are already surprised how much into other projects that I saw where they do even offer 1M-2M bounty pool which I do believe that most of them will adjust in the end or just totally a deceiving thing just to get attraction among bounty hunters and do join up too many because of such too good to be true bounty pool.I do have some experiences on these projects but sadly most of them turn out to be a scam.
So I don't really get attracted again. its better to see for those projects offering 0.5-1% of overall token sold then that would be a considerable bounty allocation.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Evaporation 123

Activity: 226

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:16:34 PM

This has become a Borden to all investors and bounty hunters. Most bounties out there were scam and it need to be stopped
portalufonet

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:30:48 PM

It’s normal to encounter such a scam. I often see similar bounty tasks, and I found a very comedy thing. Many of the good bounty tasks we agreed with eventually disappeared, and some seemed to be inferior. The task has earned me a reward!
There are a lot of bounty scams on this forum, most of which are due to the main bounty ICO project scam so the bounty participant does not receive any bonuses. Therefore, choosing a good bounty campaign has a huge impact on the outcome of the bounty hunter's accomplishment after completing the campaign.
boh1215

Activity: 110

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:10:49 PM

there have been many fraudulent gift modes lately, including ICO project scams. many participants do not get any bonuses. choosing a good gift campaign is very important because it has a big influence on the results that will be achieved by the prize hunter after the campaign.
pri3oner

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:25:47 PM

Both ICO's and Aridrops are scams nowadays. I guess huge projects dont even need to ask help from bountists. Other has to. I see a lot of scam airdrops everyday. 70% are nothing to do with...

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:54:56 PM

This has become a Borden to all investors and bounty hunters. Most bounties out there were scam and it need to be stopped
But if someone keep connected with the scam accusations and reputation section to know about the scammers so we no need to work much on finding about the scammers and scam projects.So we need to do our own research before promoting any project,know what you are promoting.
DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:33:00 PM

So, obviously there is a lot of bounties out there that are not that great, some of them are really good, but some of them just scams.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4419196.0

I just found this project, and it has some things that worry me.
First bad sign was a "guaranteed prize pool of 700k USD for bounty participants".  No project can realistically guarantee a prize pool that big.
Started to dig a little further and took a look at their reddit presence https://www.reddit.com/user/1apayment/ (basically non-existent)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIJMXVm3bqn5SK9PvGXxqkQ - Youtube channel is very primary.
After taking a look at their team, it pretty much closed the deal for me.  I can't prove beyond a doubt that it is a scam, but everything adds up.  I'm not saying that I've proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is a scam, but I want to open a conversation to see what people think about this, and to see what kind be done about this kind of thing.

Anyways, I am wondering if there is a better place I could have posted this, or how else to deal with this.  In my opinion it is important to keep the message boards clean, and to get rid of projects that don't deserve attention.  Is there a system in place to deal with this sort of thing?  If so, what is it, and can low reputation individuals such as myself contribute?

We do have so many ICOs / bounties with projects that really are really fake and attract the participants too much. Everyone must be aware of C project which really made us fool. Though many made us aware of the scam, we really did continue supporting the team. At last the game was over and finally everyone was cheated and the manager who acted as manager ran out with money. So be careful. We have many best bounty managers and can join in any of the projects they choose. Needmony, HUA_HUI are legit in choosing the right projects.
CheatingCoins

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

Do what needs to be done.

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:37:08 PM

I would consider it like this.

People invest in ICOs as they are investing in some sort of business, but they keep FOMOing this is why it's working well.

Thing is that even if it's legit ICO there is no guarantee that it HAS to work. Soo... There is lot of room for scams and of course unintentional failures. Just keep up with the golden rule, don't put in more than you can afford to lose.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: