Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:52:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Forget the lambo, I want a seastead  (Read 179 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 09:01:06 AM

While many dream of buying a lambo with their bitcoins, some are dreaming of seasteads

The common meme within the bitcoin world whenever the price starts heading north, in addition to pictures of rockets, trains and the moon is the idea that the ultimate prize for hodlers is buying a lambo.

That may be the dream of past price increases but it may soon be replaced by a new prize for these crypto enthusiasts. A futuristic home on a seastead. Where decentralization of atoms meets decentralization of bits. The utopian dream of leaving your current government and joining others to start a new one in a fully decentralized way.

While once reserved for dreamers and sci-fi fans, seasteading appears to be finally happening. A spin off of The Seasteading Institute, Blue Frontiers, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the government of French Polynesia which allows Blue Frontiers to begin building their initial pilot project in one of French Polynesia’s protected lagoons to begin building as soon as 2022.

Continued at:
http://bitcoingirlthailand.com/2018/07/08/forget-the-lambo-some-bitcoin-hodlers-are-buying-their-future-homes-on-seasteads/

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4463

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:44:50 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2018, 09:57:29 AM by franky1

in short you have still not learned the basics. and 5 years on still touting for funds to do a phase one plan in 4 years time to prototype out the basics...(facepalm).....(yawn).. heard all this before

hint
1. you dont need a prototype to learn the basics
2. you spent 5 years making glossy images without learning the basics to even make the glossy images realistic in concept
3. you dont need to spend a penny to learn the basics.

years ago i was highly interested in the idea untill i seen it as just a money grabbing scheme. i pointed out some flaws and years later the flaws are still there but you just rebranded, made new glossy pictures and then went out and done another money grab.

you have not learned a single thing from the past. and have wasted years doing nothing more then glossy images. ... oh and a memo is not worth the paper its printed on. (hint. memos are not law/rule/contract.. and by 2022 the guy that signed the memo wont be sitting in the seat he sat in when he signed it, so it has no value)

such a shame, using people libertarian mindsets to then grab funds out of them without telling them that even after YEARS of delays the end result will be a billion dollars+  wasted and ...at best if a screwdriver does end up in some engineers hand. only enough dwellings for <200 people..

hint
waste/resource analysis
cost per household analysis
population limitation analysis
weather/climate/ocean risk analysis

you have buzzworded some. but you have actually lacked doing it. and guess what. it does not take 5 years and large funding to do. and doesnt even need a 'memo' as permission to do it. it doesnt even need to purchase a single piece of wood, fibreglass, plastic or any material to do it either.

if you were actually serious, you would actually do the easy job first to then use that to then move things along. .. and not just money grab

if this was not just a money grab. i woulda actually volunteered my time (that means free) to project manage and push things along and your project would have had substance by now. i even hinted some things years ago. but as of today i see nothing new, and i see what your projct really is

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
yazher

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:49:16 AM

This is something new from others but i see something like this in a Movie it happened to offer same ideas and money laundering are involve in that movie. This is good to be true if this is  implemented then truly forget the lambo.
Movie title is The Master is a Korean Movie anyway.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:50:08 AM

This appears to be a more realistic project - https://www.freesociety.com

Moreover, it has recently been found, most bitcoiners prefer Tesla over Lambo.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:07:12 AM

This appears to be a more realistic project - https://www.freesociety.com

Moreover, it has recently been found, most bitcoiners prefer Tesla over Lambo.

sea steading and other "free society" projects. once you wash away all the buzzwords is little more then money grabbing for what is known as micro-nations..
the PLOY of asking for huge sums of money purely to offer a small area for only a few hundred people. which after taking account of just the workers that are there to maintain it. leaves even less availability for a real population of open libertarians "sovereigns" to live freely.
(the term micronations, has the word micro in it for a reason)

in short
if you put the words "sovereign" "libertarian" "free from government" into any real estate scam. you will always see people imagining utopia and throw money at it.

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 06:41:12 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2018, 07:01:42 PM by Elwar
Merited by Foxpup (4)

in short you have still not learned the basics. and 5 years on still touting for funds to do a phase one plan in 4 years time to prototype out the basics...(facepalm).....(yawn).. heard all this before

hint
1. you dont need a prototype to learn the basics
2. you spent 5 years making glossy images without learning the basics to even make the glossy images realistic in concept
3. you dont need to spend a penny to learn the basics.

years ago i was highly interested in the idea untill i seen it as just a money grabbing scheme. i pointed out some flaws and years later the flaws are still there but you just rebranded, made new glossy pictures and then went out and done another money grab.

you have not learned a single thing from the past. and have wasted years doing nothing more then glossy images. ... oh and a memo is not worth the paper its printed on. (hint. memos are not law/rule/contract.. and by 2022 the guy that signed the memo wont be sitting in the seat he sat in when he signed it, so it has no value)

such a shame, using people libertarian mindsets to then grab funds out of them without telling them that even after YEARS of delays the end result will be a billion dollars+  wasted and ...at best if a screwdriver does end up in some engineers hand. only enough dwellings for <200 people..

hint
waste/resource analysis
cost per household analysis
population limitation analysis
weather/climate/ocean risk analysis

you have buzzworded some. but you have actually lacked doing it. and guess what. it does not take 5 years and large funding to do. and doesnt even need a 'memo' as permission to do it. it doesnt even need to purchase a single piece of wood, fibreglass, plastic or any material to do it either.

if you were actually serious, you would actually do the easy job first to then use that to then move things along. .. and not just money grab

if this was not just a money grab. i woulda actually volunteered my time (that means free) to project manage and push things along and your project would have had substance by now. i even hinted some things years ago. but as of today i see nothing new, and i see what your projct really is

FYI, Blue Frontiers...the company I am volunteering for (not my company) has been around for 1 year. The Seasteading Institute has been around for 10 years. Blue Frontiers branched off of The Seasteading Institute last year because TSI is non-profit and this project requires a company that can make money.

You talk about what "I have not learned", but don't point out what was to be learned other than categories. We happen to have experts in every field related to this including "waste/resource analysis" (ever sat through a 3 hour presentation on poop? There are people who are very interested in this....do I go into a 3 hour presentation on waste in quick posts about the company to the public? no).

This is all off the shelf technology. We're not trying to do anything super extreme, just take existing technology and put it together in one place floating on a calm lagoon.

As for moneygrab, the token sale returns everyone's money if we do not raise enough. The founders' money is locked for 4 years (it would be pretty worthless in 4 years if they don't actually accomplish anything.

Your posts are ignorant and show that you have not been involved in anything related to seasteading (just how I know someone doesn't understand Bitcoin when they call it bit coin) or this project otherwise you would not be making these false claims. Thus your "help" would only consist of trying to get you up to speed and we are literally turning away volunteers every week because so many people are enthusiastic about the project but the time to get them up to speed and lack of new input they have doesn't make it worth it. We only bring in experts in their various fields.

I have no idea where you get the "5 years" thing from. I worked on a project a few years ago consulting for their Internet connectivity, I posted here once when they felt it was time to raise money, but that was a small team. We raised less that $1k and gave the money back when we realized it wasn't going to happen (I put in $10k myself to pay for web development and those glossy pictures...you know, those things that help to put what we are talking about into visual form so people have a better idea of what we are talking about). If you don't like glossy pictures you should read the boring white paper that has no images: https://www.blue-frontiers.com/whitepaper.pdf

Either way, you can blather on the same response and disappear like before about how "I (personally) haven't learned" something or another which you won't tell me (because it's a secret), even though I'm not running this company. Very useful. Thanks for the input. But the project is going through whether you support it or not. The soft cap is almost raised so we'll have a platform in the water which we can then use to pay for more even if we don't hit the hard cap. The token contract is written for all to see (hint: Notice that there's no line in there about moneygrab). The company has been open and transparent with everything even more than most companies will ever be. They've recorded all the meetings over the past year to ensure we have a record of everything. They have paid 3rd party companies to do an economic impact study and an environmental analysis. They are partnered with a company that is literally building floating platforms right now, which is the main thing they will be doing in French Polynesia.

Please, if there is something that I, personally, have not learned about seasteading after being involved for 10 years, after admining the seateading forums reading every person's post (opinion) after being involved in 2 projects where that's all we talk about is seasteading and the challenges we have to face (waves and pirates, I know... Roll Eyes). Please fill me in. Instead of "hint: water/wet". Seriously, thanks to Bitcoin I'm retired living in Tahiti with plenty of time on my hands (though I'm not going to take marine engineering courses like a friend of mine on the project is doing in his spare time).

I suspect that when I am posting from the seastead you will be responding with your "you still haven't learned!" posts. Which is fine. I look forward to it. Some people truly don't ever learn.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 12:30:24 AM

Last day to get your bonus varyon today at http://www.varyon.io

up to 15% bonus during the pre-sale

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:54:40 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2018, 01:16:52 AM by franky1

blah blah
the reason i dont go into details about the failures is because you seem more interested in making buzzworded statements to make it seem like you know all about whats needed. (via 2 minutes of google searching to find the terminology to make it sound good. but still not actually put in the real effort that real projects put in.

as for your glossy images. im all for glossy images. if the images are based off of realistic/logical thought processes and models of design that have had some thought put into it..

the glossy images i have seen from your projects are just utupia
EG
those images have not got the design concept that shows an architect has taken in all the details of waste, power, utility, transport, comunication, to draw up a basic blueprint. to then pass onto a designer to gloss it up with snazzy colours/wall coverings

again i wont go into details of all the flaws. because instead of seeking the "experts" to do a project in a logical order of actually using experts to get the project moving. what it appears is that funding is just used to go on vacations and make video's of presntations purely to boost the money grab. not progress the fundementals

and dont waste 4 years money grabbing just to make one prototype.. thats something that can be done in 6 months.
phase 1 2022.. makes me laugh

and as you said. your last project.. again same plan as this one. failed.. and have you learned why?

micro nations are not real nations that can impact real things. in the end they result in communes. of less than 200 people. all requiring to throw alot of money in but then find the area they live is not self sustaining and they have to rely on imports and then export their waste thus rely on regulations of neighbouring countries waste controls.
scrw it lets just point out the financial flaw..
wanting THOUSANDS of people to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars to get to the billions needed.. for a project that will only house hundred or less.. just doesnt even make a working real estate project viable/realistic.. even with or without the buzzword utopia of "sovereignty/micronation" added into it

for al your efforts. you might aswll buy some farmland and just turn it into a crypto town. if you have not learned that even in "international waters" you still have to follow laws/rules. then you have not learned the basics

iotarocket

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 01:08:35 AM

Whatever our financial goals, we will need to have some patience. The market may move up or down in the short run, but in the long run blockchain will bring transformation and disruption. Investors who think and plan long term will be amply rewarded.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 03:31:03 AM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

blah blah
the reason i dont go into details about the failures is because you seem more interested in making buzzworded statements to make it seem like you know all about whats needed. (via 2 minutes of google searching to find the terminology to make it sound good. but still not actually put in the real effort that real projects put in.

as for your glossy images. im all for glossy images. if the images are based off of realistic/logical thought processes and models of design that have had some thought put into it..

the glossy images i have seen from your projects are just utupia
EG
those images have not got the design concept that shows an architect has taken in all the details of waste, power, utility, transport, comunication, to draw up a basic blueprint. to then pass onto a designer to gloss it up with snazzy colours/wall coverings

again i wont go into details of all the flaws. because instead of seeking the "experts" to do a project in a logical order of actually using experts to get the project moving. what it appears is that funding is just used to go on vacations and make video's of presntations purely to boost the money grab. not progress the fundementals

and dont waste 4 years money grabbing just to make one prototype.. thats something that can be done in 6 months.
phase 1 2022.. makes me laugh

and as you said. your last project.. again same plan as this one. failed.. and have you learned why?

micro nations are not real nations that can impact real things. in the end they result in communes. of less than 200 people. all requiring to throw alot of money in but then find the area they live is not self sustaining and they have to rely on imports and then export their waste thus rely on regulations of neighbouring countries waste controls.
scrw it lets just point out the financial flaw..
wanting THOUSANDS of people to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars to get to the billions needed.. for a project that will only house hundred or less.. just doesnt even make a working real estate project viable/realistic.. even with or without the buzzword utopia of "sovereignty/micronation" added into it

for al your efforts. you might aswll buy some farmland and just turn it into a crypto town. if you have not learned that even in "international waters" you still have to follow laws/rules. then you have not learned the basics

Again, you act as if this is my project. I am an investor and volunteer, retired software engineer. Did I learn from my own project? Yes, there was a long thread (among seasteaders, not people with no knowledge of seasteading dissecting the project). That's how I knew when I found this other project (again, not started by me) that they had what it takes.

To say that there is no architecture being done is very very ignorant. The company, Blue21 is an offshoot of DeltaSync. A company that creates floating homes and platforms. It's not rocket science to create a floating platform in a calm lagoon. I sat here in Tahiti on a floating platform this weekend (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9Cqf94FSXg).

Do I, personally, understand everything there is to know about "an architect has taken in all the details of waste, power, utility, transport, comunication". No, definitely positively not. I am not an expert in all of those fields (though I have 7 years of experience doing simulations of military radio networks plus a Bachelor's degree in telecommunications).

The "libertarian utopia" articles are actually hit pieces by journalists that hate Peter Thiel. We don't claim that that is what we are building, you won't find anything having to do with libertarian in any documentation or anything the company announces (I personally want libertarians to be a part of this in the same way that I advocated for libertarians to get involved with Bitcoin early on because I'd rather have them benefit from it and have more input as things grow instead of what happened and everyone wants Bitcoin to be regulated so they can get rich). If you've only read my articles then you will see my biased slant of trying to push for libertarians to be involved. The seastead will be built and I will live on it so I want libertarian neighbors who won't complain if I wanted to smoke some medicinal plant (even though I wouldn't) or 3D print guns from my metal 3D printer.

arhipova

Activity: 125
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:06:01 AM

Whatever our financial goals, we will need to have some patience. The market may move up or down in the short run, but in the long run blockchain will bring transformation and disruption. Investors who think and plan long term will be amply rewarded.

Is it fine to have a liability as a Financial goal ?

Isn't car more like a personal goal ?

I do not much craze for cars though and do not wish to own a lambo. I would be more interested in getting what the rich people desire to get. Yes, I am talking about recognition  and then may be religious goals if I achieve everything.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: