Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 04:38:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is bitcoin more likely to rise and stay above $1,000 or go and stay below $500?
More likely to rise and stay above $1,000 - 102 (66.7%)
more likely to FALL and stay below $500? - 51 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin more likely to rise about $1,000 or go and stay below $500?  (Read 3514 times)
unseengundam (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:30:21 PM

As the poll states, is bitcoin more likely to rise and stay above $1,000 or go and stay below $500?
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:34:56 PM

Down below $500. Not sure for how long, but likely for the remainder of 2014 at least. I hope not forever.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:59:43 PM

I think it's more likely to rise above $1,000 for a prolonged period than to stay below $500 for a prolonged period. If it drops below $500 it will be a result of a small group who have tons of coins to sell and would recover quickly. Flash crashes are much more likely now but they will be bought up insanely quickly. We're at half the price of our ATH and the majority sentiment is that BTC has the potential to reach and surpass that ATH within the next few months to years.

When you look at charts you can't predict the support from people who don't have bids set yet. This includes CoinBase, BitPay, and other brokerage firms who buy on customer demand not reflected in the charts.

I think the masses support a price in the $600-$650 range and upwards. That being said, the length of time the price hovers in this range will be a major indicator of how powerful our next rally will be... It has to hover here for a little while to establish a base but the longer it floats at $600-$650 range the less powerful the incoming rally will be on the logarithmic scale.

If the price falls below $500 it will be the fault of the large players and not the masses. Once the FUD clears and Bitcoin still exists the trend will be taking another turn. The 3rd and 4th quarter of this year should bring at least $3,000 (the rally indicated by the peaks of April 2013 to November 2013 on the logarithmic scale) but as high as $10,000 (the rally indicated by the peaks of May 2011 and April 2013.)

The rallies are getting much closer together reflecting the general sentiment as awareness increases...

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Einewton

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:17:22 PM

This is what has happens in the past, and it's going to happen again.... It slowly drops down to whatever.. then the media stops talking about it, and people start to forget about it, then out of no where, it'll sky rocket.

So, I'm thinking it'll dip down into the 400 - 300.. then do a sudden dip to 290's for a very short time before it sky rockets to $10,000... Then the media will be all over it, and it'll all happen again.. Wash, rinse and repeat, Wash, rinse and repeat, etc...

I've been around BTC sense 2011, and this whole up and down thing is just how it works. It's funny what kind of things people relate the price to... "Hax, China, Gox, etc..." ... People will say whatever to relate the price fluctuation to the market, it might be true, but it might not be true.

-= Got BitCoin? =-
traderCJ

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:29:43 PM

As the poll states, is bitcoin more likely to rise and stay above $1,000 or go and stay below $500?

Yes.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4493

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:44:56 PM

If this week wasn't enough to knock the price down under $500 (excluding that one short-lived blip at BTC-E), it seems bullish to me.

Going over $1000 to stay is a forgone conclusion. The only question is when.

Going under $500 is a possibility. The question is how long it will stay there.

kireinaha

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:12:42 PM

If this week wasn't enough to knock the price down under $500 (excluding that one short-lived blip at BTC-E), it seems bullish to me.

I still think we need more time to allow the market to soak in all the bad news. People are holding and waiting anxiously for positive developments, but have their fingers on the sell button, ready to click. If we don't hear any positive developments about the tx bug and customer withdrawals soon, I have a feeling that the market will get much worse as frusteration mounts.

sprot

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:20:50 PM

I don't see it going above $1000 anytime soon (i.e. this year). If it does it'll quickly get bitchslapped down by people like me who are still trying to offload stupidly expensive coins bought during, um, more optimistic times.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:27:01 PM

I still think we need more time to allow the market to soak in all the bad news. People are holding and waiting anxiously for positive developments, but have their fingers on the sell button, ready to click. If we don't hear any positive developments about the tx bug and customer withdrawals soon, I have a feeling that the market will get much worse as frusteration mounts.

On the contrary; people sell out of fear (short term impulse, rapid volatility), uncertainty (medium term outlook, slight downward movement), and doubt (how likely Bitcoin is to survive at all; flash crashes, price doesn't recover.)

Most of the market is selling from fear. The fear happens extremely quickly. If there's more fear injected it won't be for the same news; it would be from something new...The uncertainty is relatively small right now as can be seen by the new support base at the $650 range and doubt remains very slim. People who doubt Bitcoin will survive usually aren't invested in Bitcoin at all.

I don't see it going above $1000 anytime soon (i.e. this year). If it does it'll quickly get bitchslapped down by people like me who are still trying to offload stupidly expensive coins bought during, um, more optimistic times.

All it would take is one single company or investor to decide that they want to own 1% of the BTC currently in circulation... They wouldn't just dump a buy wall but they would drive the price in proportion to the rate of price increase. If they feel there is a competitor it will increase the buy volume as if it were a race...

Most investors won't buy when they believe the price is too high. If Bitcoin doesn't tank on these current events then chances are higher that it'll never be cheaper to buy than it is right now and the "too late to win" mentality will be completely washed away...

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
JimboToronto
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:35:24 AM

Silly noobs who bought at the peak don't hold enough coins to bitchslap anyone.
fusioncoins

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:37:38 AM

10,000$ in April 2014.

kireinaha

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:45:19 AM

10,000$ in April 2014.

Cheesy you don't actually believe this, do you?

JimboToronto
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:51:01 AM

10,000$ in April 2014.

Sometime in 2014? Likely.

By April 2015? Almost surely.

By April 2014? Probably not.
fusioncoins

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:54:46 AM

I believe in this. But it will be like a 10 days rally. So be prepared!

podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:15:27 AM

I believe in this. But it will be like a 10 days rally. So be prepared!

$10k in less then 3 months is a pipedream i'd say

i assume ur eager to catch a profit as a fulltime hodler since december but dont worry, it'll come
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:32:08 AM

Silly noobs who bought at the peak don't hold enough coins to bitchslap anyone.

U absolute despicable cunt!

You more than anyone have been cheer-leading Bitcoin at the top of the market, telling everyone to buy, telling everyone how you were going to buy, calling bear traps etc etc. Unfortunately for such a junk food addled Bitcoin Nutter retard, you leave an absolute Autobahn sized trail of evidence behind you, proving what a absolute clueless fuckwit you are.

I have taken a little look through your post history and have to say I found an embarrassment of riches (for anyone who interested in humiliating one of the worst Bull-tards on the whole forum).

Take a look folks and if you like these, believe me, there is much more where that came from:

This is The Great Crash!

I WAS RIGHT!!!

Yep, crashed right back up to 1230+  LOL

Oh noes.

We almost lost 3 days worth of gains.

The sky is falling.

Enjoy your picnic little teddy bears.

LOL

Last chance to buy under $1000.

Don't miss out.

edit- too late

How long before the next feeble attempt to push the Gox price under $700?

Lots of money has been wasted by somebody trying to do that without success via market sells when they could have just placed asks and waited for them to be filled.

Why's everybody so surprised?

We've had lots more market dumps of a similar size in the last few days.

It was just a matter of time.

This whole crash was bogus.

Perhaps I should have said bear trap.

Don't be ridiculous.

Selling now would be foolish.

LOLOLOL

Missed your chance to buy cheap? Too bad kid . Some day you'll learn.

LOLOLOL

Of course the flip side to that is that the move down to 576 was a bear trap which has finally been sprung.

956 wall eaten. Nomnom.

Congratulations. You are probably the most consistently wrong poster on this forum Since Dec 2013. If I were you, I wouldn't have the face to keep spouting so much shite when you clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:35:57 AM

Its really funny to me that people expect it to stay below $500 for the whole of 2014. That would not only break about every pattern ever in this market, but would also make little to no economic sense.

traderCJ

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:37:44 AM

Its really funny to me that people expect it to stay below $500 for the whole of 2014. That would not only break about every pattern ever in this market, but would also make little to no economic sense.

What pattern would sub $500 for 2014 be breaking?
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:56:22 AM

the truth is always somewhere in between
JimboToronto
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:32:03 AM

***Bunch of mudslinging and personal attacks***

You are probably the most consistently wrong poster on this forum Since Dec 2013.

LOL

Since December? Is that when your world began?

Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin
______

Seriously, since I'm not obsessive/compulsive, I have no intention of rummaging through your post history in rebuttal, but I certainly recall many occasions when your beartrolling almost made me reconsider my policy of not putting anyone on ignore.

If i were to start using ignore, you'd be in the first troll group I'd ignore, along with your ideological soul buddies and intellectual peers Revans, Fonzie and Bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc.

There are certainly many other trollbears here but Jaro/Walso at least uses smileys and Mucus has a certain comic wit when they troll, but you obviously lack the intelligence and social savvy to troll at their level. Their trolling seems more detached and thought-out than your deeply personal and emotional outbursts.

Perhaps a little introspection would help you to come to grips with what's eating at you and causing these angry tantrums. Then again perhaps you should just seek help.

Peace.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: