Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:03:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Bye Mining, See you at 10$ and Amd 7000  (Read 5453 times)
Reckman (OP)

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 03:49:15 AM

Closed out my last rig today, ended up profitabe with some great memories so net win =)

Final numbers are 440 BTC profit, had 5.2 ghash with 5000 invested.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The LT

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2011, 03:51:40 AM

Time to fix your siggy then!  Roll Eyes
Reckman (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 03:52:52 AM

Time to fix your siggy then!  Roll Eyes

I need the "I mined at deepbit.net"
pennytrader

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 04:05:03 AM

Good for you. Still trying to sell my remaining 5830s but apparently they're not that hot now...

please donate to 1P3m2resGCP2o2sFX324DP1mfqHgGPA8BL
Reckman (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 04:07:36 AM

Good for you. Still trying to sell my remaining 5830s but apparently they're not that hot now...

Probably asking too much or maybe people are catching on to how ineffiecient they are vs almost anh other card.

I bet for 80$/ea you could sell them fast
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 04:23:13 AM

See you then, thanks for the cards, anticipating their arrival soon Smiley
Reckman (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 04:53:54 AM

Oh im not leaving bitcoins, just mining, invested all of that paypal money back into BTC
JonHind

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 04:58:05 AM

I anticipated the current dip and got out of mining a couple of months back (& managed to sell my equipment for virtually the same price that I paid for it) . I feel your sadness. Hitting the power button for the final time was quite an emotional moment.

I believe that new hardware opportunities in the future along with a potential bounce in bitcoin value will see us all mining once again.
Manko

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 07:00:44 AM

Oh im not leaving bitcoins, just mining, invested all of that paypal money back into BTC

That's how I have made most of my money with cryptocurrency; buy and sell.

I haven't mined BTC in many weeks. My miners are currently gathering the other cryptocurrencies, speculating that sometime in the future, they will rise to a  value I'd be happy to sell at. Total gamble, but hey, no risk, no reward Smiley

worldinacoin

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 01:15:00 AM

Nice to see someone in the green with bitcoin mining and hope to see you soon!  Sure hope bitcoin will be $10 soon enough
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 03:08:09 PM

As soon as the 7000's Actually "hit the market" It's gonna be SOOO hard to sell a 6990...

Anyone wanna buy a 6990 when the 7000series comes out? Lemme know.

I plan to sell my MSI6990 413mhash/core@925core once the 7000's come out, So. When they come out, PM me, And i'll most likely sell you my 6990

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Syberia

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 03:22:30 PM

I mined for about a week on my gaming pc (single 6950) before I realized I wasn't making any money at current prices, at that point I bought $200 worth of bitcoins, exchanged half of them to i0coins, and woke up today to realize that investment lost half its value in less than 24 hours.  Fun times, but nothing to do right now except tough it out, leave my money in there, and hope things turn around.  Oh, and buy more cheap i0coins

EDIT: I might buy your 6990 for a reasonable price when the 7000s come out.  I am more interested in gaming than mining, and for that it will be fine.
Reckman (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 03:30:20 PM

I mined for about a week on my gaming pc (single 6950) before I realized I wasn't making any money at current prices, at that point I bought $200 worth of bitcoins, exchanged half of them to i0coins, and woke up today to realize that investment lost half its value in less than 24 hours.  Fun times, but nothing to do right now except tough it out, leave my money in there, and hope things turn around.  Oh, and buy more cheap i0coins

EDIT: I might buy your 6990 for a reasonable price when the 7000s come out.  I am more interested in gaming than mining, and for that it will be fine.

lol forks...what were you expecting
Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 07:22:22 PM

Indeed, and my target market is majority gamers rather than miners

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2011, 10:04:55 PM

Free electricity has made it a lot easier staying with mining BTC.. if it wasnt for that I am sure a lot more people would be joining ya.

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.
worldinacoin

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 01:36:16 AM

You are still mining at 560.9mhash at deepbit Smiley
JonHind

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 02:32:18 AM

Free electricity has made it a lot easier staying with mining BTC.. if it wasnt for that I am sure a lot more people would be joining ya.

Unless you have power generating devices, electricity is never free. Someone pays for it somewhere. Just saying Wink
Manko

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 05:56:19 AM

Unless you have power generating devices, electricity is never free. Someone pays for it somewhere. Just saying Wink

I think people need to start qualifying what they are saying, even though for most of us the implication is obvious, free to the miner.

AngelusWebDesign

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 06:17:38 AM

I don't know; I think some people mention it as if they get "free electricity" due to their own cunning, intelligence, or courage. It's ridiculous when you think about it.

Either they live with mom & dad, they're renting, or they happen to be in college.

They half imply that they're somehow more awesome because they had enough confidence in themselves to go ahead and call the electric company and insist on being switched to the "free plan", which most of us have insufficient manhood to do  Cheesy

Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 04:39:35 PM

I don't know; I think some people mention it as if they get "free electricity" due to their own cunning, intelligence, or courage. It's ridiculous when you think about it.

Either they live with mom & dad, they're renting, or they happen to be in college.

They half imply that they're somehow more awesome because they had enough confidence in themselves to go ahead and call the electric company and insist on being switched to the "free plan", which most of us have insufficient manhood to do  Cheesy

I can say i have free energy, I bought soloar panels, Then the panels payed themselves off, Now the sun is giving me free energy!

Lol yes? no?

Aside from that, I feel confident that the only ones mining right now are:
People that dont pay thier own elecbill
People with a large mining Farm
People who just dont want to hit Off, on their comps for the night, when they could instead hit ON on thier miners

Hell 15/7 i run at -f250, And at night i swap to -f8

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: