Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 08:18:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unable to sweep my paper wallet into my blockchain.info wallet  (Read 1088 times)
schnuber (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:17:51 PM

Hi
I am not able to sweep my paper wallet 163NMjvM6VFoLBpTmTRsrLPseyAFHt49p4 into my blockchain.info wallet due to unconfirmed transactions. Those transaction were made to me from an already known blockchain spammer (discussed in this forum). Since those transaction will probably never confirm, how can I retrieve (sweep) my paper wallet?
Please help me out, I am not too experienced with Bitcoin.

Thx.
schnuber (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:10:05 PM

Now those two spam transactions are suddenly gone. How is this possible. Noone should be able to delete transaction out of the blockchain right?
coastermonger

Activity: 367
Merit: 250

Find me at Bitrated

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:13:24 PM

pretty darn relevant: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1xtn4h/transaction_spamming_has_begun_in_serious_nothing/cfei5pw

If the transactions are unconfirmed, it means they never got "Sent" in the first place.  They will drop out of memory

Bitrated user: Rees.
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:18:14 PM

Hi
I am not able to sweep my paper wallet 163NMjvM6VFoLBpTmTRsrLPseyAFHt49p4 into my blockchain.info wallet due to unconfirmed transactions. Those transaction were made to me from an already known blockchain spammer (discussed in this forum). Since those transaction will probably never confirm, how can I retrieve (sweep) my paper wallet?
Please help me out, I am not too experienced with Bitcoin.

Thx.

Not sure if related, but the "sweep" feature of the blockchain.info wallets has never worked for me.  I typically import the private key and then send the coins to a new address. 

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
schnuber (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:02:47 PM

pretty darn relevant: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1xtn4h/transaction_spamming_has_begun_in_serious_nothing/cfei5pw

If the transactions are unconfirmed, it means they never got "Sent" in the first place.  They will drop out of memory

Pretty interesting. So the spammer does not even lose money with his spam transactions . Likely we are going to experience more of such spam attacks in the future. May be bothering. What would happen if someone floods  the network with billions of satoshies at once, would that not disturb proper functioning of the Bitcoin network?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: