Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:49:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Ethereum is clogged up this past few days?  (Read 168 times)
easydrawrex (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:42:41 PM

Why Ethereum is clogged up this past few days? It affects our bounty payments and quite a burden. What is the reason behind?
johnabrar

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 08:39:51 PM

Actually I am also not sure about their clogging up and I am hearing about this clogging up from past few days. I think there is having technical problem of the Ethereum. We all know that they have a very high gas price and to reduce that they need to update their blockchain technology. I think that they are on that process and so this is happening.
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 08:42:07 PM

Because of high load of transactions on the eth network especially fcoin transactions but to be honest now the congestion seems to be settled i see low gas and transfer requirements now, i transferred some tokens myself today and they were transferred quite fast, so looks like all is good now.

ukloon

Activity: 798
Merit: 281

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 08:55:22 PM

Because it is creaking at the seams, i.e. overcrowded and the ethereum platform can't handle it. If you want to run a good project pick something else like NEO which offer better scaling and attracts lots of good East Asian investors

Sergey9921

Activity: 31
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:02:49 PM

Because there is a genius over at FCoin that thought it would be a good idea to incentivize spamming the Ethereum blockchain with useless transactions of 1 token per vote.
pobeditelvezde

Activity: 658
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:26:41 PM

Ethereum is in stagnation we observe the low hesitations several last days but there are good news the bearish trends has got weaker so a new uptrend is going to be soon.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2114
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:39:16 PM

To be sincere I have been looking for a simplify explanation for these, the issue of clogging stated during the ICO rush, but now projects are finding it difficult to get investors. So I don't think this is caused by any ICO, so who in the world is clogging the network.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:42:49 PM

Why Ethereum is clogged up this past few days? It affects our bounty payments and quite a burden. What is the reason behind?

Per the pending transactions I have seen, I see a lot of useless coins being transacted over mass addresses. I am not sure if that was the reason, but I found one of my ETH address getting flooded with 1 or 2 tokens which are worth nothing... I got atleast 50 different tokens since few past days.

Apart from clogged ETH network, the ETH API was also really slow making the explorers like ethplorer and other cold wallets perform very slow.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:52:28 PM

This is the reason.

FCoin Met With Continued Skepticism: Wash Trading Allegations and ETH Clog

If it's a burden for your bounty transfers and you're missing the ride as well, you don't have choice but to wait or explore.
kinki32

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:02:35 PM

A lot of new tokens require more capacity for spending transactions and miners is trying do speculations with fees. Because of ICO's which do race for survival, use airdrops and spends tokens to million people.

charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:10:41 PM

Since we are in a bearish market moment right now, it is simply normal for any of the altcoins to be clogged. But as soon as we pass this bear then we may see our coin into a high rate as possible.
niteroy

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:05:27 AM

The reason for the congestion of the Ethereum network and the increased transaction cost is described in detail in this article:
https://www.ccn.com/chinese-exchange-fcoin-accused-of-crippling-ethereum-network-for-cheap-publicity/
Similar cases will occur until the Ethereum team finds a solution to the network scalability problem and improves the algorithm for determining the cost of GAS. There is a positive article on this article:
https://cryptnus.com/2018/07/ethereum-eths-sharding-to-be-implemented-by-2020-says-justin-drake/#google_vignette
harrypot

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 12:00:11 PM

I didn't knew that it is clogged up for certain days. I also want to know the resean. Hoping to get answers from other's comments.
ABMARK

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:11:26 PM

I also don't know the reason behind this but I hope soon the situation will improve. Bitcoins price has started it's recovery and expecting it will have a influence over the whole market.
MilfordGannon

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:21:25 PM

I think they have some technical problem that why this problem is happening also this is really disappointing for users I understand but we know that eth gas price increase so there are some problem to update their block chain tech I hope this problem will be solved very soon.
Glory90

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:57:16 PM

The reason for the congestion of the Ethereum network and the increased transaction cost is described in detail in this article:
https://www.ccn.com/chinese-exchange-fcoin-accused-of-crippling-ethereum-network-for-cheap-publicity/
Similar cases will occur until the Ethereum team finds a solution to the network scalability problem and improves the algorithm for determining the cost of GAS. There is a positive article on this article:
https://cryptnus.com/2018/07/ethereum-eths-sharding-to-be-implemented-by-2020-says-justin-drake/#google_vignette
the accusation was quite reasonable, voting mechanisms on fcoin exchange have angered Ethereum blockchain users because it has caused congestion but I applaud their idea of getting publicity, the fcoin team has done a creative way to gain fame and it could make Ethereum developers aware that they need to resolve the scalability issue as soon as possible

▰▰▰   Ex-Bounty Hunter   ▰▰▰
dbravo

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:04:45 PM

The clogging could be the result of an unusually large amounts of fees being collected by miners compared to what was normally collected. The average fees collected over the past week has been ten times the normal rate. As a result, this activity has led users to make transactions with high GAS costs and transaction fees.
samiraetn

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:15:59 PM

It's uncertain why Ethereum keeps getting clogged up every now and then. However, it is hoped that this condition will not last for long.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:59:00 PM

it is simply because Ethereum network is not designed to handle large number of transactions. it is designed to only handle small number of them and only be advertised as having the capability to do more. but whenever the reality hits and some ICO or some other kind of smart contract like that game crypto kitties is run on this platform it shows the real flaws in it and fails miserably.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
samuelsmith

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:14:54 PM

ethereum is a public thing there is no certain controller maybe that's why maybe it goes through some difficulties at the past few days, I can understand this kinds of clogged affect the market and users have to face problem but hopefull further it will not happen
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: