Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:37:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to create your own website under $10!  (Read 473 times)
darkie199 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 9

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:47:08 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2019, 06:16:53 AM by darkie199
Merited by ABCbits (1), mikeywith (1)

This is only for beginners and users who want to start a website for cheap. With minimal skills you can set up your own website and keep it running for free. An e-commerce website is not recommended as it will require strong security and a better host!!

STEP 1: Purchasing Domain -

Choosing a domain name is similar to choosing a company name — it requires a lot of thought and consideration. Your domain name is your identity on the web; you want to make sure you choose a domain name that not only fits your business, but is also easy to find and promote. You can read more regarding choosing the best domain for your purpose by clicking here.

Option A |Godaddy.com |: Well known company for fast, simple, and affordable domains. You can search for coupons in Google that you can use while you make a purchase which will help purchasing a domain much cheaper. [Coupon Code: cjc99com].There are multiple tutorial available in youtube so you can find the one that help you out throughout the process. Click here to directly land to youtube video tutorial for purchasing a domain using Godaddy.

Option B |Namecheap.com|: Cheap as well as offers a lot of other services. If you hold an EDU Email/Account then you can get a cheap domain but it is almost impossible to get a 100% free .edu, .com, .net, or .org domain name because it costs companies money to register them.Same as above. Click here to directly land to youtube video tutorial for purchasing a domain using Namecheap.

Option C |Wordpress / Awardspace / 000webhost|: Free Domain which can be claimed under many web hosting service, but i strongly recommend not to use those as they comes along with extensions. Some of those are mentioned along with the Web hosting services that you can find in the next section.

STEP 2: Web Hosting -

We will be choosing a free Website Hosting Service. I have been using 000webhost and awardspace since years without any problem. Only you need to make some proper security measures as bots are always crawling and spams the web. There are many other free hosting service available, you can choose the best that suits you. You can also purchase if through rated web hosting service providers, although a single website hosting doesn't costs a lot but as the topic says we will be using a free service.

* Make sure you update/point your name servers with the ones that will come along with web hosting service. Until and unless you do that you won't be able to find your website is up and working! Click for a quick guide forGodaddy | Namecheap

Option A |000webhost.com|: Free Web Hosting with PHP, MySQL, free Website Builder, cPanel and no ads. Almost unlimited free website hosting. A quick tutorial on how to set up your website using 000webhost and other help can be found here!

Option B |Awardspace.com|: AwardSpace is a free web hosting provider with NO ADS, paid web hosting, VPS hosting, reseller hosting, domain name registration and SSL certificates. A quick tutorial on how to set up your website using Awardspace and other help can be found here!

STEP 3: Forum & Blogging [Templates and CMS] -

If you are creating a blog or a forum, in the starting (if you are a beginner) you can always use a help. Below mentioned can help you easily maintaining your website:

Option A |Simplemachines.org|: Simple Machines offers free open source software such as SMF, the powerful and easy to use community forum written in PHP. Different variety of themes and modification plugins are available in their website. Tutorial to setup SMF using 000webhost

Option B |Wordpress.com|: Create a free website or build a blog using wordpress! You can directly host wordpress from 000webhost and Awardspace(Awardspace has Zacky installer for it). Actually Wordpress itself has the option for all-in-one i.e purchasing domain, hosting as well as templates and maintaining within a reasonable price. But let's just not stick with it. Free themes and plugins are available over the internet.

Option C |Joomla.org|:Joomla! is the mobile-ready and user-friendly way to build your website. Awardspace comes along with Zacky Installer that can be used to launch Joomla directly.

STEP 4: Security and SSL Certificate -

Web sites are prone to security risks. A website with weak security opens your network to attack and makes data loss more likely. Something is better than nothing, as for a free one

Cloudflare.com: Cloudflare offer the minimal security for your website. The FREE Version comes along with Shared SSL certificates & Unmetered mitigation of DDoS attacks. Guide available here.

✯ There are multiple others free available like Comodo, Sslforfree but i haven't tried/used them so can't guarantee how secure those are.

(◕‿◕) While creating your own website if you get stuck somewhere please remember "Google is your friend" (◕‿◕)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
menez.trending

Activity: 51
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 02:49:14 AM

Nice guide! I personally tried sslforfree and it's working perfectly, the only thing is that you I'll need to renovate the ssl certificate every 90 days (3 months). But it's a good option for beginners.
Keep bringing stuff like this!
vagrom

Activity: 479
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:30:04 AM

very good.
If you are willing to do it yourself, it is still very easy to build a website now.
I use wordpress myself, I think it works very well.

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
Chinedu157

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:59:44 AM

Nice piece of writing , I actually use wordpress, it very simple to get one, though I'm finding it difficult to monetize it , waiting for almost a week now for google to activate and link my account 
iRespo

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 08:43:38 AM

I would recommend WIX.com if you are looking for a professional web presence. I have a really great experience with their services.
boyptc

Activity: 2982
Merit: 677

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:19:02 AM

Nice guidelines especially for the newbies that wanted to start and also for the long time members who doesn't know how to create their own website.

Nice piece of writing , I actually use wordpress, it very simple to get one, though I'm finding it difficult to monetize it , waiting for almost a week now for google to activate and link my account 
Monetizing it takes time and google ad sense is quite stricter today.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 10:10:53 AM

I found Godaddy and Namecheap to be a bit expensive, especially for renewals and extras. I use https://NameSilo.com for all my domains. They have a promo at the moment, and .com names are $6.99, and you can save a dollar on your first order if you use the promo code USEBITCOIN Obviously you can pay with Bitcoin, and privacy and a load of other extras ( a market place listing for example ) are all free.

I've got as couple of threads about picking up expired names in the Fit to Talk English project. If you are looking for hosting, then try to find one that includes the free use of Softaculous, it makes setting up a CMS a simple process, and it frees you from restrictions such as having to use Wordpress.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Kunaguero94

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:41:26 PM

Thank you for the article. I will try to create my own website the way you have instructed
tranvanvan

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:00:02 PM

Keep in mind that for most clients, there's no real difference between under or above 10 $. Both are a fraction of the annual marketing budget. Don't be afraid to toss out bigger initial numbers. Even if it causes you to lose 80% of the clients you'd have signed, you'll be making the same amount of money with 20% of the work
swaggerkeme

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:02:13 PM

Great guidelines from you, it has always been my dream to own a website with my low budget. These tips will certainly help me
Jerryzack2

Activity: 69

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:19:50 PM

In my view i think https://www.site123.com/ is the another great option given the fact that
you can create a landing page or website for free with a temporary domain til a time you are ready to upgrade
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 06:37:07 PM

Helpful for crypto beginners but creating a site is easy now. Why do you create it and what you will do after much more matter.

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 10:58:04 PM

Nice tutorial, OP. But it's not related to crypto, it would be better to move it to off-topic.
I've used 000webhost a bit, but I can recommend only to beginners who don't have experience in making websites. If you want to make serious website better to use paid hosting.
Currently I'm using Hostinger, maybe it's not best hosting, but it's cheap and they have great support.
I'm noob in making websites, but it's not really difficult to make nice website on Wordpress. There are lot of plugins and similar stuff which helps us a lot.

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2941

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 11:48:26 PM

I found Godaddy and Namecheap to be a bit expensive, especially for renewals and extras. I use https://NameSilo.com for all my domains. They have a promo at the moment, and .com names are $6.99, and you can save a dollar on your first order if you use the promo code USEBITCOIN Obviously you can pay with Bitcoin, and privacy and a load of other extras ( a market place listing for example ) are all free.

I've got as couple of threads about picking up expired names in the Fit to Talk English project. If you are looking for hosting, then try to find one that includes the free use of Softaculous, it makes setting up a CMS a simple process, and it frees you from restrictions such as having to use Wordpress.

No, you can buy godaddy domain .com extension for 99 cents using this coupon "CJCGNC99" and I am using this when I was buy a domain few days ago.

Nice tutorial, OP. But it's not related to crypto, it would be better to move it to off-topic.
I've used 000webhost a bit, but I can recommend only to beginners who don't have experience in making websites. If you want to make serious website better to use paid hosting.
Currently I'm using Hostinger, maybe it's not best hosting, but it's cheap and they have great support.
I'm noob in making websites, but it's not really difficult to make nice website on Wordpress. There are lot of plugins and similar stuff which helps us a lot.
000webhost is great for begginers if they wan't to learn they need to know how to setup the free hosting on 000webhost because the paid one giving you the easy setup than manually setting your hosting with your own domain.

Anyway, there is a free hosting by registering on amazon ec2 aws which is free when you register on amazon aws with credit card(Master Card) they give you a free trial version for 1 year and its totally free and you can use the other addons but there is some limitation if you reach the limit you must pay for it so make only 1 or 2 running ec2 hosting so that you can't reach the limit. .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Jr.

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:52:27 PM

there are some website that might help you to start an account for free but limited setting option at the start, then you can start earning using it then someday if you have enough earning you can upgrade it, this sites also is helpful to person that are penniless on the start but suggest advance option in the future, look for something like this.

tge.HORYOUToken.io    ■))   BLOCKCHAIN WITH A PURPOSE
▐ ███████████████   JOIN THE TGE   《《《 ▀ ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
darkie199 (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:37:26 PM

Thanks for everyone's positive response! Yeah, there are multiple hosting service who provides free domain along with free hosting, but they provides subdomains which mainly comes along with extensions. Someone mentioned AWS EC2 which is another great place to set up your website but you need to purchase a domain which i believe won't be so cheap!

No, you can buy godaddy domain .com extension for 99 cents using this coupon "CJCGNC99" and I am using this when I was buy a domain few days ago.

For my first domain i used the code that you mentioned which was 2 years back, but unfortunately now this code makes no special credits as godaddy.in(as i'm from India) has made some restrictions for it. It only works with CC (Credit Cards), using other means of payment won't work with it. Alongside they are charging tax! Maybe it works well in other regions Smiley
TopTort777
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1435

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:59:56 PM

If I’m not a pc geek, will it be possible to create a website under 10$?
Not a total dummie, but havent faced creating webpages before. I know it is possible to add articles and content via admin UI, dont I’m totally zero regarding webpage security.

Also dont know how to make a webpage not “heavy”, so it wont load for ages...

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
bedulook

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:55:07 PM

I don't think creating a website under 10 usd will be of good quality. You won't even being able to monetized it with google adsense as a professional website will.
darkie199 (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:35:30 AM

I don't think creating a website under 10 usd will be of good quality. You won't even being able to monetized it with google adsense as a professional website will.

Indeed expecting a quality website within 10 USD is not a good choice , keeping in mind about the security, low hosting quality and others. But i can ensure that i have been running 2 forums since 1+year using free service (not a very huge one) but have not faced any issues so far. This tutorial is based on peoples who are beginning/starting a new website for learning purpose or either a small one for medium usage.
darkie199 (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:30:04 AM

If I’m not a pc geek, will it be possible to create a website under 10$?
Not a total dummie, but havent faced creating webpages before. I know it is possible to add articles and content via admin UI, dont I’m totally zero regarding webpage security.

Also dont know how to make a webpage not “heavy”, so it wont load for ages...

Indeed it will be possible to create a website under $10. To be more precise, it's even possible to create a website with absolute no cost at all $0. But as the fact is a paid domain along with paid hosting and other is better than a free service. The tutorial that i created is mainly for small forums/website with minimal security, not for a large db.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: