Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:21:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit source applications of senior members....  (Read 415 times)
@oweljayr

Activity: 215
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 08:57:47 AM

I recently seen that crwth started a threadApplication For Merit Source [Philippines Local Board]. In that thread he is giving away his sMerits for the posts that saying just appreciation of his works. I have no intention to disagree with his merit source application or his contribution to the forum as a senior member. But the point I want to highlight is if any member(specially who willing to become merit source) giving away his/her sMerits for the posts that saying  "I am a supporter of your work, I agreed with your application...." that would be a big issue when we consider the future of Merit distribution. At least it is not ethical and believed it as a Merit abuse.

https://i.imgur.com/pahGWAE.png

I think when someone want to be a Merit source,he/she should maintained thier high standard when it comes to the distribution of merit, Merit sources are shouldn't biased, The most importantly he/she should only give Merits which actually deserved. This is only my way of looking at a Merit source. I am more than happy to know what other members thinking about this.

There would be absolutely some lower members who would do what has been instructed just to get merit from him.  Who wouldn't want to get merited?  Specially now that you will only get a higher rank if you'll get merit aside from your activities.  What if nobody gives you merit?  You will stay like forever in your present rank.  But then again, this is what's that all about, all I have to do or all lower levels got to do is to give good and constructive posts or comment.  Who knows, some higher members might see your contributions and might give you a strip of merits they have.  Anyways, we'll just keep on posting, joining bounties, be good and be polite at all times and won't mind what merit is all about until comes that day when you see your profile with a merit on it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: