Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:25:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin Wallets  (Read 352 times)
mariayaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:06:32 AM

I use myethwallet for altcoins storage, its more secure and safer than the exchanges, from exchanges i even experienced my coins vanishing in a night

✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST - FAIR ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦   (https://www.bitgame.com/?trackCode=BITCOINTALK)
Psychee

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:12:04 AM

Well, then you need to invest in a crypto project and Socratus is more than a crypto project
Macinto$h

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:13:54 AM

You asked the right question. In fact, there is no need to download for every coin that you own a separate wallet. If you use a wallet Ledger Nano S, or a Trezor, these wallets are integrated with the MEW, and this means that you can store almost any token on the MEW  using your hardware wallet. Also, hardware wallets can store a huge number of other coins, such as bitcoin, ethereum, monero, dash, NEM and others.
TheMeritedOne

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:17:22 AM

The majority of the coins now are erc 20 tokens .So for storing them you just need a wallet compatible with erc 20 and all hardware wallets will support erc 20 wallets.
MilfordGannon

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:17:35 AM

That's an interesting post. But either you can store your coins in online wallets or the hardware wallets. Many likes to use the wallet in the official website.
bramgg.crypto

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

Grow with the flow.

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:24:58 AM

I use MyEtherWallet for ERC20 tokens and dedicated wallets for coins that are non-ERC20. Like the dedicated QT wallets for Windows, Daedalus for Cardano and SimplEOS for EOS and tokens. I always use 2FA and have a password manager so I use different random passwords for all the (online) services I use. I try to keep my security as top notch as possible. Being hacked once makes you kinda paranoid so better safe than sorry.
rahimali

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:00:54 PM

The best way to keep the coins safe if to store them in a wallet. It keeps the coin safe from hackers and makes it easy for the user to transfer the coins. keeping it in exchange sites is a risk a hacker can steal from there. But it is necessary to choose a wallet which provides most security and all the other facility.
elncrow

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 01:04:40 PM

wallet is the your main store house for storing your bit coins you can install them from their official sites it offers the best security to keep your coin safely , but the problem is there is lot of option so it bit hard to choose which will be better so for this you must know what kinds of facilities you want then you can choose it as per your need
markcruz5554

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:15:21 PM

I'm just using myetherwallet to store any ETH based altcoins, never had a problem with it so far. Store any big holdings offline.

▰▰▰      ApolloX      ▰▰▰
 ▰ APOLLOX Protocol - Decentralized E-Commerce  ▰
http://www.apollox.network/
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:41:23 PM

I know it's kind of frustrating that some coins cannot be stored using a hardware wallet, but we have to play by the rules. If you really want to know if your wallet that you are going to download is legit, you must first go visit their official website or you could search their official thread here in Bitcointalk.org because most coins tend to have a thread here that have all the necessity that you need. About storing your coins in some big exchanges, it is still not safe even though you have 2FA on because the bigger the exchanges, the more likely it will get hack and lose your funds in the process.
Ohab09

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 02:31:19 PM

thats good enough. It is being worthy much day by day. never had a problem with it so far, Being hacked once makes you kinda paranoid so better safe than sorry.
Jansaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:33:49 PM

This times, There are some very good 3rd party software provided by the 3rd party, bitcoin support and lots of altcoin!
You can use: Coinomi wallet, Jax wallet!
klavuhn

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:38:51 PM

I combine Myetherwallet and Metamask to make my money safe. I use wallet for storing my token from bounty and I think that I don't needed to buy Hardware wallet but maybe In the future I will needed.
DwaneJacky

Activity: 68

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:04:02 PM

Actually you can download from their official website so that you can get legit wallet also for security you can scan with antivirus so can be safe also you can avoid public wifi so you can safe from hackers also based on this we need to aware of the securities purpose.
Hodler43

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:06:37 PM

www.slate.io just launched their wallet!! Super secure multisig network
jaythelingly

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 08:00:00 PM

I always prefer the hardware wallet but if you need to use a software wallet than I will suggest you to go for popular wallets. This will lessen your risk of being hacked.
Fugaga

Activity: 283

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:08:43 PM

The hardware wallet is the best for securing tokens, but we might have some coins that do not support the hardware wallet which you are currently using, which means there will be a need for software/App wallet, I think you should get yourself a safest wallet which is popular and free from hacking.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 575

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:17:40 PM

Hey all.  To those of you that own altcoins and store them in wallets, how do you make sure the wallet you google is legit?  Example there are over 1000 coins available on coinmarketcap. 

Let say you buy 10 different coins on bittrex and binance.  Let say they are not compatible with your hardware wallet such as ledger nano s or trezor.  Thus you have to download the actual wallet itself or keep it on an exchange.  There is a thread here where ppl say don't keep your coins in an exchange because its not safe.  First off, if you keep your coins in the most legit exchanges say bittrex or binance... is that generally safe from hacks?  Now what if you have 2FA on it as well.  Is that safe enough or not?  Someone mentioned if you have 2FA on it, then thats good enough.

Now in terms of altcoin wallets, do you people who own say altcoins that you cannot store in a hardware wallet all download the actual wallet for that specific coin?  But how to make sure that wallet is 100 percent legit?  Example say its bluecoin or greencoin to make it simple.  You can't put those coins in nano ledger s or trezor.  Then where do you store these coins?  I think it would be really annoying having to download all these wallets for every coin you own that isn't allowed on a hardware wallet.
Doesn't matter how reputed an exchange is, it is never safe to store your coins in an exchange wallet. No matter how much they say that they are secured, they are always prone to getting hacked anytime. Again the exchanges might go down temporarily when you need your coins most, thus having no access to your wallet. To know if that wallet is legit or not, always download from their official website and make sure you are downloading from the right website and not getting phished.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Gabmot

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:36:28 PM

There are several wallets that actually supports different altcoins depending on which blockchain they are launched respectively.. However, amongst all, Erc-20 wallets have gained prominence over the others. For them, there are both hardware and software wallets; the latter has been widely used based on the fact that no extra charges needed to get any software wallet. We have the likes of MEW, METAMASK, ImToken and co. Thou, they may be susceptible to phishing attacks, they have been serving many people.

Leaving one's token on an exchange wallet for me is a very bad idea. I can never resort to that. Many will even indicate that any token kept in their wallets at owners risk.
izay

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:47:01 PM

Everything works online can be at risk from hackers. Whatever wallet we have if hackers have the chance to open it, our wallet would be compromised. As of now, I am using MEW and iMtoken as they are the wallets mostly accepts those new existing ERC20 tokens in the market. So far, I dont have any difficulties on using them.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: