Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:08:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [In stock] Gridseed 5-chips USB miner - $259  (Read 23768 times)
solidminds

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:36:21 PM

Seeds,  you already have these units in hand?
When will you be shipping?
Are you shipping from outside EU? How about duty an CE logo?

Hope you can answer me.
Colgate

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:00:36 PM

Please count me in for 10 units of 5-chip USB miner.    I would like to go with BTC payment through escrow from squall1066 as well.  I already PM'ed you.   Thanks!
wpt1wpt1

Activity: 454
Merit: 300

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:33:43 AM

10 of the 5 chip with escrow, PM sent

Thanks

THRIVE            ▄█▄
        ▄▄█████
   ▄▄██████████
 ▄███████████▀

████████▀▀▀
████▄▄  ▄▄██▄
▀████████████
  ▀█████████▀
  ▐██████▀▀
  ▐███▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀████
    █████▀▀
    ▀█
THE PREMIUM
DECENTRALIZED
AD MARKETPLACE
███████████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████████░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░░░▄███████████
███████████░░░░████████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄████████████
█████░████████▀░░░░▀▀▄█████
█████░░▀▀████░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
████▄▀░░░░░░░░▄▄███████████
████▀░░▀███████████████████
████▄░░▄███████████████████
████░░░░██░░░░▀░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░██░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀████
████░░░░██░░░░█████░░░░████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████
███████▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀██░░░░░░███
███░░░░▄███▀▀▄▄███░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄█████░░░░░░░███
████░░░░░░░█▀░▀██░░░░░░████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░░▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄███████████
█████▄░░░░███████▀░░░▄█████
███████░░░░█████▀░░░░██████
███████░░░░░███▀░░░░░██████
███████░█░░░░█▀░▄░░░░██████
███████░██░░░░░▄█░░░░██████
███████░███░░░▄██░░░░██████
█████▀░░░▀██░▄██▀░░░░▀█████
Dryleaf

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:18:36 AM

Also want 10 of the 5 chip with escrow. PM sent.
johnny5

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:50:15 AM

Me too!  Please also count me in for 10 units of 5-chip USB miners.    I would also like to go with BTC payment through escrow from squall1066 as well.  I already PM'ed you.   Thanks!
sniffinpoprocks

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:27:25 AM

No problem, Start creating a pre-order list, (make sure my 10 are in  Roll Eyes ) Then PM me with everyone's order, I will PM and start gathering payments, I will be able to keep you informed of everyone's payment status, Dont send unless I confirm their payment received, I will release the funds to you as people confirm their order as arrived.

NOTE - you need to tell the customer (and me) the BTC amount it confirms to to avoid confusion of payment arguments.

If this is too complicated for you, PM me the cost of shipping and unit costs, I will do a group buy backed by your units, All you have to do is send them out to addresses I provide and then get paid.

I'll be collecting the orders from now on.

And this means? You sentences are short and don't make much sense, Are you now not doing escrow?

I mean I will collect the orders and send to you to process the escrow.

OK, confirmed, Just so we know where we are.

NOTE TO EVERYONE - Please deal directly with seeds for your order and any questions, I will contact you when seeds has passed the information for those wanting escrow, The amount to be paid has to be confirmed with seeds.

Also note, I am not charging and never will for escrow, If you feel I have been useful feel free to tip my address in my profile.

Ok so...After just getting scammed yet again in the last couple days (1.1btc to that  AvalonShenzhen 3rd batch 210gh scam) I'm not ready just yet to throw away more money to an 'escrow' hero member who...at least with my default trust settings...HAS ZERO TRUST!!

sorry squall1066 you could be the most honest guy or a scammer who knows how to sweet talk posts....I'm not ready to find out.

Op, if you get John K to escrow...I'm in...if HE screws me over, then this site is truely dead.

How about this... No escrow, No payment up front...You send DHL COD??
You send DHL 'Collect on Delivery' and then DHL itself is the middle man!!
You ship a brick...you get a brick back with a bill for return shipping.
You ship actual product...we pay DHL when we receive it, you get your money!!!
We cant steal from you either, no money, DHL ships it back to you.

What do you say?

“Since we decided a few weeks ago to adopt the leaf as legal tender, we have, of course, all become immensely rich.”
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 07:59:46 AM

No problem, Start creating a pre-order list, (make sure my 10 are in  Roll Eyes ) Then PM me with everyone's order, I will PM and start gathering payments, I will be able to keep you informed of everyone's payment status, Dont send unless I confirm their payment received, I will release the funds to you as people confirm their order as arrived.

NOTE - you need to tell the customer (and me) the BTC amount it confirms to to avoid confusion of payment arguments.

If this is too complicated for you, PM me the cost of shipping and unit costs, I will do a group buy backed by your units, All you have to do is send them out to addresses I provide and then get paid.

And this means? You sentences are short and don't make much sense, Are you now not doing escrow?

NOTE TO EVERYONE - Please deal directly with seeds for your order and any questions, I will contact you when seeds has passed the information for those wanting escrow, The amount to be paid has to be confirmed with seeds.

Also note, I am not charging and never will for escrow, If you feel I have been useful feel free to tip my address in my profile.

Ok so...After just getting scammed yet again in the last couple days (1.1btc to that  AvalonShenzhen 3rd batch 210gh scam) I'm not ready just yet to throw away more money to an 'escrow' hero member who...at least with my default trust settings...HAS ZERO TRUST!!

sorry squall1066 you could be the most honest guy or a scammer who knows how to sweet talk posts....I'm not ready to find out.

Op, if you get John K to escrow...I'm in...if HE screws me over, then this site is truely dead.

What do you say?

this DHL on delivery stuff sounds pretty cool!
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:34:56 AM

What do you say?

I have no problem with your views, I have been scammed quite heavily in the past, It's not easy to find someone here we can truly trust, I did not realize I was sweet talking tho  Grin I just don't feel the need to swear/rant/rave about things, I say my peace, It's up to other people if they listen.

The DHL idea sounds interesting, Does opening the box before payment count as "delivered" tho? You might need to check with DHL if they will let the receiver rip open everything before paying.

As far as I know JohnK is a very demanded person and has been off for a few weeks, Come back, then is off again for another few weeks, It might be hard to get him.
sniffinpoprocks

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:54:58 AM

It is, and not only DHL does it. FedEx, USPS, UPS, others...Most shippers offer the service. With the shady nature of stuff here, I don't see why it's not promoted more... I'd gladly pay the extra fee for the COD service if it means less chance of getting screwed.
I see obvious reasons why it's never mentioned or accepted from the scam sellers though.

thanks for the reply squall1066...I honestly haven't been going back through your posts to see 'what' you post. Thanks for understanding...
DHL in particular would definitely allow package content inspection before paying...(at least where I am). They also allow, once a tracking number is known, for the delivery to be changed to'hold and pickup' at the DHL office instead of the final delivery location.
I would like to see even known, trusted sellers add this as an accepted option of payment. I think this could really clean up this section. If honest/established sellers started offering this, with buyers paying the COD fees of course, it would go a long way to making it a known, safe method of payment.
I have actually received a Cube from another seller in this Group Buys section so trusted sellers do exist.
Honest sellers would get MORE business when they can offer a truly impartial, third party exchanging goods for cash. And scammer (A) trying to rip people off would have no answer when honest seller (B) is selling the same product at a slightly higher price, but immensely lower risk.

“Since we decided a few weeks ago to adopt the leaf as legal tender, we have, of course, all become immensely rich.”
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:12:55 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=424621.0

hope this one isn't like the one I posted....I looked at it but my gut told me not to and I for once listened...this one HERE has me uneasy too...

JOHN K WHERE ARE YOU???
sniffinpoprocks

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:23:01 AM

hope this one isn't like the one I posted....I looked at it but my gut told me not to and I for once listened...this one HERE has me uneasy too...

JOHN K WHERE ARE YOU???
yep, that's the one that just got 1.1 from me.

Not meaning to hijack this thread and be off-topic...I really want to purchase at least 2 of these OP.

sbfree

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:27:34 AM

JOHN K WHERE ARE YOU???

Not meaning to hijack this thread and be off-topic...I really want to purchase at least 2 of these OP.
That is no hijacking because we are talking about this NEW thread with a NEW member posting this GROUP BUY, which has many comparisons to the thread that I posted. WE ARE ON TOPIC until this part of the thread no longer needs to be discussed, and we can talk about other stuff such as updates and overclocks..... for NOW, it is the authenticity of this thread that should foremost be discussed, unless people want to end up like the thread I posted, or the countless other shenanigans that can go on here....
Chinese fisherman looking to make shark fin soup, CHUM is in the water and the sharks are coming to feed......how does it end?

ps. I am in for 10 if I can get COD AS WELL. THX.

OR johnk

klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 09:31:46 AM

JOHN K WHERE ARE YOU???

That is no hijacking because we are talking about this NEW thread with a NEW member posting this GROUP BUY, which has many comparisons to the thread that I posted. WE ARE ON TOPIC until this part of the thread no longer needs to be discussed, and we can talk about other stuff such as updates and overclocks..... for NOW, it is the authenticity of this thread that should foremost be discussed, unless people want to end up like the thread I posted, or the countless other shenanigans that can go on here....
Chinese fisherman looking to make shark fin soup, CHUM is in the water and the sharks are coming to feed......how does it end?

ps. I am in for 10 if I can get COD AS WELL. THX.

OR johnk

Yeah we are all working to get this thread off the ground and working.
sbfree

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:35:24 AM

What do you say?

I have no problem with your views, I have been scammed quite heavily in the past, It's not easy to find someone here we can truly trust, I did not realize I was sweet talking tho  Grin I just don't feel the need to swear/rant/rave about things, I say my peace, It's up to other people if they listen.

The DHL idea sounds interesting, Does opening the box before payment count as "delivered" tho? You might need to check with DHL if they will let the receiver rip open everything before paying.

As far as I know JohnK is a very demanded person and has been off for a few weeks, Come back, then is off again for another few weeks, It might be hard to get him.
maybe another couple senior members we could ask to escrow if seeds would allow...these are solid rocks here on btctalk
canaryinthemine
silentsonicboom
crazyguy

there are a few others but these are solid resellers of hardware....maybe one of them or some would do it for a tip or small fee?

seeds....need your input....your escrow doesn't have much trust....the guys above do.
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:01:22 PM

maybe another couple senior members we could ask to escrow if seeds would allow...these are solid rocks here on btctalk
canaryinthemine
silentsonicboom
crazyguy

there are a few others but these are solid resellers of hardware....maybe one of them or some would do it for a tip or small fee?

seeds....need your input....your escrow doesn't have much trust....the guys above do.

I hear that, I would trust the above also.

I have a problem with ALL of us just trusting a FEW members, We are dealing with a trust based commodity and need to develop our own circles of trust, This (IMO) reduces risk and pressure (the mighty have been known to fall)

I agree my trust is not close to the "big boys" But would everyone rather no choice at all?
sbfree

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:24:58 PM

canaryinthemine
silentsonicboom
crazyguy

I have a problem with ALL of us just trusting a FEW members, We are dealing with a trust based commodity and need to develop our own circles of trust, This (IMO) reduces risk and pressure (the mighty have been known to fall)

I agree my trust is not close to the "big boys" But would everyone rather no choice at all?
i think everyone would prefer this to be legit, and no one loses their coin.
Seems like there are others starting to offer this as well....up to seeds how it goes for him and for those that choose to trust him.

I would be willing to send my shipping costs for 10 units with C.O.D., and the rest of course upon confirmed delivery of the product....maybe he needs to do one or two of those to impartial members interested in this group buy....nothing against you personally squall but right now you can't be too careful and being that he chose you, it naturally make you look suspect....
check the shenanigans on this GROUP SCAM  to see that you don't know who is who.....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=429513.0
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:20:05 PM

canaryinthemine
silentsonicboom
crazyguy

i think everyone would prefer this to be legit, and no one loses their coin.
Seems like there are others starting to offer this as well....up to seeds how it goes for him and for those that choose to trust him.

I would be willing to send my shipping costs for 10 units with C.O.D., and the rest of course upon confirmed delivery of the product....maybe he needs to do one or two of those to impartial members interested in this group buy....nothing against you personally squall but right now you can't be too careful and being that he chose you, it naturally make you look suspect....
check the shenanigans on this GROUP SCAM  to see that you don't know who is who.....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=429513.0

Once again, No offense has been taken, I enjoy the diversity of this community, I like people who can think for themselves.
I don't quite see how I could be sketchy in this gridseed buy, I do want to buy some myself, and I am actually liking the DHL C.O.D. idea.
I even run my own thread keeping tabs on escrowers and customers experiences, Not an absolute guide, But more of a cross reference idea. So far I have not had anyone's details from seeds and have not taken any money on his behalf.

As far as this topic goes, I will do my normal escrow for anyone that wants it, I just popped in pushing escrow in the first place so I guess it's my fault  Roll Eyes it's OP thread, It's up to him who he will accept, Feel free to offer up more people to him, Lets see how this goes.

In ref to the topic you linked to, To be honest I did not reed ALL of it, But I got how it was setup and played through, There are quite a lot of these scenario's out there, only by working together and creating our own "trust circles" do we stand a chance.
seeds (OP)

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:44:12 PM

I just came back and read through the above comments.

Trust is always the key to this kind of business. We are dealing in the virtual world and it is totally true that both buyers and sellers are facing scam everyday.

I have the same concern here. You were just talking about protecting buyers. But how about the seller? Say if I do the escrow. Buyers pay to the escrow service. When buyers confirm the product and ask the escrow service to release the fund to the seller, the escrow service just disappears or just says he released the fund but actually he didn't, what should the seller do?

No offense to squall1066. I still decide to do escrow with squall1066 for this batch. However, to protect myself, I want to split the 100 units to 50-50. I'll ship the first 50 units first. When I get the payment from squall1066 for the first 50 units, I'll process the second 50 units.

I already have the miners ready. Haven't had time to read all the PMs but I think this batch is almost sold out, or maybe it is already. I'll do some homework, prepare the order list and send it to squall1066. The list will be posted here as well. I'll PM the members that didn't provide me the shipping info to confirm the order. All these will be done by tomorrow hopefully.

By the way, for those who were asking for the DHL/UPS/FedEx COD services, I used to offer escrow service from escrow.com. I believe that's the trusted 3rd party to do the transaction. If you guys want to go through that, I have no problem with that. I don't prefer COD because I don't want to deal with all kinds of currencies.

Thanks.
cryptohead

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:48:05 PM

Don't want to change the subject, I advise any prospective buyer to use escrow and mainly to use common sense.

I do have a separate point though: price/profitability.
I know you guys are mining just for the sake of the network and in "ars gratia artis" terms. But these will never break even mining at 3Mh with 90W power consumption, at 0,1$/KW, which are all very optimistic.
And don't tell me you will be also mining SHA, because at that hash/power consumption it will lose you money from day one.
At a 3% difficulty increase you will be 1500$ in the red after ~500days. Do you need to wait that long to find out you've lost 1500$?

And we all know that once ASICS get in, the diff will explode. Bitcoin has about 25-30% steady diff increase. But the first Bitcoin ASICS, whoever got them first were sold at a price that could be recouped in 30 days or less. Gridseed, as it is priced right now does not break even!

My point and message to you, seeds is that your price is too high. Especially in the current Crypto market.
Please price it at a level at which the miners can make a buck, at least a small one.
I'd buy if this would have a max 90 days breakeven time.

Mr.V

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:07:26 AM

Don't want to change the subject, I advise any prospective buyer to use escrow and mainly to use common sense.

I do have a separate point though: price/profitability.
I know you guys are mining just for the sake of the network and in "ars gratia artis" terms. But these will never break even mining at 3Mh with 90W power consumption, at 0,1$/KW, which are all very optimistic.
And don't tell me you will be also mining SHA, because at that hash/power consumption it will lose you money from day one.
At a 3% difficulty increase you will be 1500$ in the red after ~500days. Do you need to wait that long to find out you've lost 1500$?

And we all know that once ASICS get in, the diff will explode. Bitcoin has about 25-30% steady diff increase. But the first Bitcoin ASICS, whoever got them first were sold at a price that could be recouped in 30 days or less. Gridseed, as it is priced right now does not break even!

My point and message to you, seeds is that your price is too high. Especially in the current Crypto market.
Please price it at a level at which the miners can make a buck, at least a small one.
I'd buy if this would have a max 90 days breakeven time.

There are other sellers pricing these at $500-700 now that is a ripoff

BTC:1NwEE7C2hVLSNGwSrFvsYgTrKddCvfhRwY
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: