Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:22:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [In stock] Gridseed 5-chips USB miner - $259  (Read 23761 times)
jmsanto123

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

Find a Way or Make One

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:12:56 AM

60pcs and  DHL shipment with Invoice.

Escrow?!?!

AVALON-ASIC(Batch #2) Order #3xx3 made on February 18, 2013. Order status: completed(Mining Now).
Gridseed Dual Miner (01/Mar/2014) Order#17-#18 with Badman0316 | Order Status: completed(Mining Now).
BTC Address : 1DcYbWHmpyJHbnec2A6J4zNy5f1kdEtXFj
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maxximus007

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:59:17 AM

Would like to order 10 pcs + controller but with escrow only.
howardb

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:52:35 AM

Do you have these in hand yet? Or is it all still "when the manufacturer delivers"?
sniffinpoprocks

Activity: 137

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:11:55 PM

Don't want to change the subject, I advise any prospective buyer to use escrow and mainly to use common sense.

I do have a separate point though: price/profitability.
I know you guys are mining just for the sake of the network and in "ars gratia artis" terms. But these will never break even mining at 3Mh with 90W power consumption, at 0,1$/KW, which are all very optimistic.
And don't tell me you will be also mining SHA, because at that hash/power consumption it will lose you money from day one.
At a 3% difficulty increase you will be 1500$ in the red after ~500days. Do you need to wait that long to find out you've lost 1500$?

And we all know that once ASICS get in, the diff will explode. Bitcoin has about 25-30% steady diff increase. But the first Bitcoin ASICS, whoever got them first were sold at a price that could be recouped in 30 days or less. Gridseed, as it is priced right now does not break even!

My point and message to you, seeds is that your price is too high. Especially in the current Crypto market.
Please price it at a level at which the miners can make a buck, at least a small one.
I'd buy if this would have a max 90 days breakeven time.

maybe but... I for one, have free power...also, your basing this on no increase in coin value. If alt coins balance out in the future, with ltc generated at 5x the coins of btc, ltc may eventually reach 1/5 btc value.
either way, this 'could' easily make a profit in the future.

“Since we decided a few weeks ago to adopt the leaf as legal tender, we have, of course, all become immensely rich.”
SummersideGuy

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:44:11 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 05:15:33 PM by SummersideGuy

Do you have these in hand yet? Or is it all still "when the manufacturer delivers"?
I to have this same question as well
Also I have never heard of these up until recently, do you need the  wiibox controller for these to work or can you run them right through a usb hub to your PC.
If you are able to run them through a hub to your pc without this controller box I would be interested in 5 or 6 of them
darkjed

Activity: 68

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:45:32 PM

Hi everybody

So I replied early on this this thread that I would be interested in 10 unit with escrow. And looks like I'm in the preliminary shipment of units. So I put down my payment with squall1066. I'll take pictures and videos of the units once they arrive.
cryptohead

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:55:11 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 06:30:35 PM by cryptohead

Don't want to change the subject, I advise any prospective buyer to use escrow and mainly to use common sense.

I do have a separate point though: price/profitability.
I know you guys are mining just for the sake of the network and in "ars gratia artis" terms. But these will never break even mining at 3Mh with 90W power consumption, at 0,1$/KW, which are all very optimistic.
And don't tell me you will be also mining SHA, because at that hash/power consumption it will lose you money from day one.
At a 3% difficulty increase you will be 1500$ in the red after ~500days. Do you need to wait that long to find out you've lost 1500$?

And we all know that once ASICS get in, the diff will explode. Bitcoin has about 25-30% steady diff increase. But the first Bitcoin ASICS, whoever got them first were sold at a price that could be recouped in 30 days or less. Gridseed, as it is priced right now does not break even!

My point and message to you, seeds is that your price is too high. Especially in the current Crypto market.
Please price it at a level at which the miners can make a buck, at least a small one.
I'd buy if this would have a max 90 days breakeven time.

maybe but... I for one, have free power...also, your basing this on no increase in coin value. If alt coins balance out in the future, with ltc generated at 5x the coins of btc, ltc may eventually reach 1/5 btc value.
either way, this 'could' easily make a profit in the future.

I've heard this argument before. Fact is bitcoin is almost exclusively the gateway to fiat. And everyboy is paid in fiat. Nobody is buying Litecoin to go to buy stuff online.
Litecoin will need to have acceptance as a payment medium greater than Bitcoin for your scenario to happen. I say greater because bitcoin was first and has the media attention. To reach value parity to Bitcoin, Litecoin will need to catch up and overtake Bitcoin in media coverage and acceptance as a payment method. The sad news is that litecoin is not bitcoin. Look at the LTC/BTC exchange rate and correlate that with the downs in the crypto market to understand that.
Everyone is basing their investment decisions on the bitcoin history repeating: ASICS get in, diff increases, coin value increases.
Well, everybody acts on this hypothesis. There is no payback in going with the crowd. The profit is for those that are already there.
SummersideGuy

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:23:17 PM

Maybe someone can answer this for me as I know very little about these devices: do you need the wiibox controller for these to work or can you run them right through a usb hub to your PC, if you can run them through your PC without the box what software's can you use. Currently I use CGMiner for Scrypt
darkjed

Activity: 68

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:20:56 PM

Maybe someone can answer this for me as I know very little about these devices: do you need the wiibox controller for these to work or can you run them right through a usb hub to your PC, if you can run them through your PC without the box what software's can you use. Currently I use CGMiner for Scrypt

From the looks of it the wiibox is just a small linux device running minerd, There have been people that ran these on windows pc, and there has been some Raspberry Pi development. But things are still in the experimental area since this hardware is so new. It's one of the reasons I want a couple, see if I can get these mining on a Pi with a self modified version of cgminer.
SummersideGuy

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:22:56 PM

From the looks of it the wiibox is just a small linux device running minerd, There have been people that ran these on windows pc, and there has been some Raspberry Pi development. But things are still in the experimental area since this hardware is so new. It's one of the reasons I want a couple, see if I can get these mining on a Pi with a self modified version of cgminer.

I was just told that on another forum thread, I was also told though they dont work with Win64bit at the moment no driver support yet, alas I run Win64 and do not have any plans for dualbooting
jmsanto123

Activity: 114

Find a Way or Make One

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:24:55 PM

you can run without wiibox controller. but AFIK this can only configure with windows only(as per cybtc.com figures). cgminer or sgminer(customized scrypt cgminer) can mine with this hardware.

AVALON-ASIC(Batch #2) Order #3xx3 made on February 18, 2013. Order status: completed(Mining Now).
Gridseed Dual Miner (01/Mar/2014) Order#17-#18 with Badman0316 | Order Status: completed(Mining Now).
BTC Address : 1DcYbWHmpyJHbnec2A6J4zNy5f1kdEtXFj
anarchyx

Activity: 480

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:31:48 PM

Anyone know what size tip the power connectors need to be, and will these work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Volt-DC-Power-Supply-5-Amp-5A-12V-Adapter-Charger-For-LCD-Monitor-TV-Screen-/270881839053?pt=Laptop_Adapters_Chargers&hash=item3f11d0d7cd

-Anarchyx
-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:01:02 PM

I was just told that on another forum thread, I was also told though they dont work with Win64bit at the moment no driver support yet, alas I run Win64 and do not have any plans for dualbooting

yeah i tried mine on my 64bit box and couldnt get the com port to register in cpuminer.

went to a 32bit box and walla! its hashing away
anarchyx

Activity: 480

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:29:11 PM

yeah i tried mine on my 64bit box and couldnt get the com port to register in cpuminer.

went to a 32bit box and walla! its hashing away

That's good info to know if running without the controller.  I would have tried it on x64 and been really confused when it didn't work.
seeds (OP)

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:34:41 PM

I'm processing the orders now.

So far, the first 50 units are under escrow. The buyers are:
Klintay, darkfriend77, darkjed, anarchyx, and squall1066.

The seconds 50 units are pending. When the first 50 units are received, I'll send the info to squall1066. The buyers are:
n4spd, Simon66, bearsworth, souljah1h, and kushedout (may escrow with someone else), jamesco (no escrow).

There are lots of members sent me PM asking for units. However, the entire 100 units are sold to the above members. But you are on the waiting list. I'm working on the next 100 units and hopefully they will be arrived in 1 week. So please keep an eye on the thread. Besides, I haven't got all shipping info from the buyers in the 2nd 50 units. If any of them quits, I'll go with the first members in the waiting list.

poochone

Activity: 361

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:44:35 PM

5 shipping to UK

seeds (OP)

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:18:53 PM

I have them ready to ship.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12442901/mmexport1392671755741.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12442901/mmexport1392671768584.jpg
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:44:16 PM

They run on Win8-64bit with minred. You have to reset them every few hours and that's were the wiibox is probably helpful. The hash rate fluctuates wildly from 200kh-400Kh. I have one that runs pretty stable for almost 24 hours at a time and another that needs to be constantly reset every 6-10 hours.
imtiax

Activity: 83

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:03:10 AM

I have just sent you a private message regarding me buying 5 pcs.

Also just for verification purposes can you please upload a picture of the units with your username on a paper?

The pictures you posted above can be from anyone.

Not trying to be a pain, just making sure.
sneakgeekz

Activity: 141

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:09:58 AM

Thanks Seeds, I hope I made the wait list for 10 pcs with control box.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: