Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:52:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [In stock] Gridseed 5-chips USB miner - $259  (Read 23756 times)
SummersideGuy

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:56:32 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 12:22:13 PM by SummersideGuy

So I was able to use a PC PSU, the PCIE especially are useful as you can use one PCIE power cable to connect to 3 devices since each pcie cable has 3x12V+ and 4xGroundm, also note you can use an ide molex to power the controller board and 1 miner, One ide Molex has 1xred wire(5V) for control board, 1xyellow wire(12v) for one miner, and 2 grounds
Hey summersideguy, any chance you could post a pic. of this setup or some diagrams for us lazy noobs?
Here are some pics, also here is a link to all the how to's with me jumping right to the scematics I had requested:
From the top to about 2/3 down this page are all your power wiring scematics:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494625.100

Wiring:I used a 2.5mm plug from an old adapter I had lying around, the black with white/grey stripe is v+, and I stripped a Micro usb cable and use the red and black
for power to the control board. I am able to log into the control board and edit settings, but without a powered usb hub the board is unable to see the miner. Dont mind the mess I just got home from work and rushed head first into this then freaked out when I realized I did not have a power USB hub lying around and all the stores were closed!!

Wiring: For PCIE wiring refer to the link above, with PCIE you can wire 3 miners, but no controller as PCIE is all 12V.
In this Photo you can see the yellow(12V+) Black combination for the miner and the red(5V+) black combination for the controller.

Miner running, hooked directly to my Windows 7/64bit PC, no drivers nessessary auto detected, good to go. You can't tell from the phone camera flash but there is a green pulsating light and a red light. the red light comes on everytime a share is found.

The WIIcontrol board, have it powered up, but lacking powered USB Hub at the moment to hook the miner to it. Had some miner cosmetic damage when i received it, still works though.

Minerd running and hashing away, along with the bat file settings, notice I have it OC'd to 850, it is currently giving me anywhere between 345-375KH/s. When you plug the miner into your windows PC it should auto install if you have a newer version of windows, you can then go to device manager and look up the miner and change the com port if you like, just make sure to match the com port in your .bat file.

See below for a lights out light show of the miner hashing away.

http://youtu.be/Sw4UsG7edkE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Drystion

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:50:20 PM

Box has arrived, thanks seeds.
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:54:05 PM

Can someone post or PM me the password for control units purchased from seeds? Mine arrived updated to 2.0.2, but the root password was changed from 123456 to something else. I need root access to overclock, etc.
wolfey2014

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 07:48:16 PM

So I was able to use a PC PSU, the PCIE especially are useful as you can use one PCIE power cable to connect to 3 devices since each pcie cable has 3x12V+ and 4xGroundm, also note you can use an ide molex to power the controller board and 1 miner, One ide Molex has 1xred wire(5V) for control board, 1xyellow wire(12v) for one miner, and 2 grounds
Hey summersideguy, any chance you could post a pic. of this setup or some diagrams for us lazy noobs?
Here are some pics, also here is a link to all the how to's with me jumping right to the scematics I had requested:
From the top to about 2/3 down this page are all your power wiring scematics:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494625.100

Wiring:I used a 2.5mm plug from an old adapter I had lying around, the black with white/grey stripe is v+, and I stripped a Micro usb cable and use the red and black
for power to the control board. I am able to log into the control board and edit settings, but without a powered usb hub the board is unable to see the miner. Dont mind the mess I just got home from work and rushed head first into this then freaked out when I realized I did not have a power USB hub lying around and all the stores were closed!!

Wiring: For PCIE wiring refer to the link above, with PCIE you can wire 3 miners, but no controller as PCIE is all 12V.
In this Photo you can see the yellow(12V+) Black combination for the miner and the red(5V+) black combination for the controller.

Miner running, hooked directly to my Windows 7/64bit PC, no drivers nessessary auto detected, good to go. You can't tell from the phone camera flash but there is a green pulsating light and a red light. the red light comes on everytime a share is found.

The WIIcontrol board, have it powered up, but lacking powered USB Hub at the moment to hook the miner to it. Had some miner cosmetic damage when i received it, still works though.

Minerd running and hashing away, along with the bat file settings, notice I have it OC'd to 850, it is currently giving me anywhere between 345-375KH/s. When you plug the miner into your windows PC it should auto install if you have a newer version of windows, you can then go to device manager and look up the miner and change the com port if you like, just make sure to match the com port in your .bat file.

See below for a lights out light show of the miner hashing away.

http://youtu.be/Sw4UsG7edkE

Good work!
Wolfey2014

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
Cobra

Activity: 289

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:16:43 PM

Seeds.....thank you! My package of 30 arrived today. I really appreciate the excellent communication you have provided throughout the ordering process.

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 08:22:16 PM

Seeds.....thank you! My package of 30 arrived today. I really appreciate the excellent communication you have provided throughout the ordering process.

Are you talkin 30 more GS5's?
Wow!
Who are you doing business with i.e. buying them through?
I might want to deal with them as the one I baught 5 miners from doesn't seem too interested in customer service so.....fukkum!  Roll Eyes
Tanks!
Wolfey2014

Cobra

Activity: 289

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:47:29 PM

Wow!
I might want to deal with them as the one I baught 5 miners from doesn't seem too interested in customer service so.....fukkum!  Roll Eyes
Tanks!
Wolfey2014

This is my first order of GS5's, I bought 30 from seeds. I don't have any others.  However I know that Imazzola here is starting to sell them as well (I live about a half hour away from him) Of course I will probably go where I can get the best deal between these sources, paying cash and local pickup is a nice option to have.  No offense to seeds as he has been great to work with. I was very surprised to have these units in hand via DHL Express shipped from Hong Kong to the midwest U.S. in 3 days.

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 08:57:39 PM

Wow!
Tanks!
Wolfey2014

This is my first order of GS5's, I bought 30 from seeds. I don't have any others.  However I know that Imazzola here is starting to sell them as well (I live about a half hour away from him) Of course I will probably go where I can get the best deal between these sources, paying cash and local pickup is a nice option to have.  No offense to seeds as he has been great to work with. I was very surprised to have these units in hand via DHL Express shipped from Hong Kong to the midwest U.S. in 3 days.

Can you post or PM me both of their contact info?
I have no idea who Seeds is.
Thanks
Wolfey2014

SummersideGuy

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:02:16 PM

Anyone else having problems getting their wiiboard working, mine arrived a little crushed the ethernet ports shroud is crushed and the dip pins were bent, I wine Ip into it but it wont detect the my miners, and it freezes up my internet half the time I try to log into it, someone in another thread  went through all the steps with me and suggested to me it might be doa, I have no idea though.
SummersideGuy

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:51:57 AM

Anyone else having problems getting their wiiboard working, mine arrived a little crushed the ethernet ports shroud is crushed and the dip pins were bent, I wine Ip into it but it wont detect the my miners, and it freezes up my internet half the time I try to log into it, someone in another thread  went through all the steps with me and suggested to me it might be doa, I have no idea though.

For any one with the older model(Gold fins)   or interested in trying the link below gets Sha and scrypt up and running in windows
Caution: read the comments below it before attempting, I have a newer model(Red finned) which uses STM32 Virtual com port instead of the older driver CP2102 USB to UART, at the moment i can either switch to doing sha256 in windows with the device or switch back to Scrypt, it is being looked into. I resorted to this as the control board i received did not work and frozen my router up everytime i tried to access it, so I put it in a box and put that box in the trash. If you attempt this and wish to switch back, just download the STM32 Virtual usb driver, unplug your device, reinstall the STM Driver and plug your device back in.
Here is the link
http://cryptomining-blog.com/1254-how-to-mine-both-btc-and-ltc-on-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asic/
solidminds

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:50:57 PM

- Power supply. You need a 12V, 5A power supply for each miner.

Which connector is needed for the gridseed miner?
MicroCC

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:15:00 AM

hey bro's could I wire this http://sgcdn.startech.com/005329/media/products/gallery_large/LP4PCIEX8ADP.main.jjpg.jpg to the barrel connector and hook this pcie into the PSU? I got a bunch of these laying around and was wondering if this is possible
Drystion

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:55:17 PM

Just wondering what you all would do with this.

I ordered all the extra wires/PSU and stuff with my miners and they even came pre wired! Only thing is the PSU's are wired for 220v, and I need 110v, and the wiring is glued into place on the PSU. I plan on just getting some adapter plugs and plugging it into my 110v outlets running it at 110v mode instead of 220v it came pre set for.

That should work, right, without any extra power draw, and of course without frying anything? Failing that I could just cut the end with the 220v plug off and wire on a 110v plug, I think.

Any thoughts?
seeds (OP)

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:01:14 AM

Just wondering what you all would do with this.

I ordered all the extra wires/PSU and stuff with my miners and they even came pre wired! Only thing is the PSU's are wired for 220v, and I need 110v, and the wiring is glued into place on the PSU. I plan on just getting some adapter plugs and plugging it into my 110v outlets running it at 110v mode instead of 220v it came pre set for.

That should work, right, without any extra power draw, and of course without frying anything? Failing that I could just cut the end with the 220v plug off and wire on a 110v plug, I think.

Any thoughts?

There is a switch at the right side of the PSU:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12442901/mmexport1394502564227.jpg
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 07:29:06 AM

My 10 arrived after 10 days (delay at Hong Kong). Wiibox was not working, but seeds got it working for me. Good service, recommended.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
IchibahnSLC

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:12:18 AM

Anyone else having problems getting their wiiboard working, mine arrived a little crushed the ethernet ports shroud is crushed and the dip pins were bent, I wine Ip into it but it wont detect the my miners, and it freezes up my internet half the time I try to log into it, someone in another thread  went through all the steps with me and suggested to me it might be doa, I have no idea though.

For any one with the older model(Gold fins)   or interested in trying the link below gets Sha and scrypt up and running in windows
Caution: read the comments below it before attempting, I have a newer model(Red finned) which uses STM32 Virtual com port instead of the older driver CP2102 USB to UART, at the moment i can either switch to doing sha256 in windows with the device or switch back to Scrypt, it is being looked into. I resorted to this as the control board i received did not work and frozen my router up everytime i tried to access it, so I put it in a box and put that box in the trash. If you attempt this and wish to switch back, just download the STM32 Virtual usb driver, unplug your device, reinstall the STM Driver and plug your device back in.
Here is the link
http://cryptomining-blog.com/1254-how-to-mine-both-btc-and-ltc-on-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asic/

I dont think the gold models are necessarily older.  I have one and it has the stm32 driver.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  

Jump to: