Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:59:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to take crypto mainstream?  (Read 141 times)
adekogbe (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 12:08:53 PM

Crypto payments still has a very long way to go before attaining mass adoption. Why? Because unlike fiat, there are thousands of cryptocurrencies out there and increasing daily.
While a lot are ethereum based tokens, some have their designated blockchain and cannot be used for crosschained transactions.

This means, people will need to have multiple wallets, private keys to be fully decentralized and this still means they are subject to different form of threats in the form of hacks, DDOS attacks and more. Unlike the traditional banking systems which has a lot of safety nets against malicious attacks and the currencies are less volatile.

What is really the solution for taking Cryptocurrencies Mainstream.
How can we bridge the huge gap between where we are and where  we are going?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kulsuma

Activity: 476
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 04:14:36 AM

Crypto payment is a very unique concept and its getting popular day by day. I don't find anything mainstream about it.
earnetheasy

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:37:24 AM

A huge amount of time will be required for that to happen. We need to solve many issues on the cryptocurrency platform for that to happen. Moreover, all classes of people needs to come in contact with technology for adoption of cryptocurrency.
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:45:13 AM

I just say the cryptocurrency function is different from the fiat, and both have their advantages and disadvantages. The shortcomings of cryptocurrency can be that there is a saying is true, too much wallet should be made but have you ever thought cryptocurrency can be used as an international payment system, for instance you buy goods abroad and the company allows you to pay with cryptocurrency. In addition you can make cryptocurrency as a system to send money quickly to various countries. I am sure both functions are not owned by money fiat. So, what that's mean? cryptocurrency can be the second alternative after fiat. Money fiat is too strong to be overcome by cryptocurrency.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:49:42 AM

Crypto payments still has a very long way to go before attaining mass adoption. Why? Because unlike fiat, there are thousands of cryptocurrencies out there and increasing daily.
While a lot are ethereum based tokens, some have their designated blockchain and cannot be used for crosschained transactions.
This is a matter of choice and most of the merchants, companies and businesses have to choose the coins that are reliable and strong in the market.  Just don't put any interest of accepting a coin that's only created to run an ICO. Main coins like bitcoin, eth, ltc and other reliable coins.

This means, people will need to have multiple wallets, private keys to be fully decentralized and this still means they are subject to different form of threats in the form of hacks, DDOS attacks and more.
They have different wallets and networks but if you have a wallet that can hold most of the accepted coins that's better like Nano Ledger S or Trezor.

Unlike the traditional banking systems which has a lot of safety nets against malicious attacks and the currencies are less volatile.
Are you sure? have you seen news that there are banks that has been hacked with millions of dollars?

It's heading there so don't think about it anymore.

Support the tech and crypto itself.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
mariomerula

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:51:19 AM

There will be lot of time before crypto payments will become mainstream and many problems have to be solved because actually there is any blockchain that can support massive transfers like credit cards for numbers of transactions x second

▰▰▰▰▰ CRYPKART ▰▰▰▰▰ (https://crypkart.com)
▰ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure. ▰
Temmy007

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:53:03 AM

One thing about crypto is evolving technology; we are have new projects with higher transactions speed time;  soon we would have our wallets has wrist watch that can be use to make payment in seconds anywhere in the world; this how crypto would go mainstream
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:05:12 AM

stop creating cryptocurrencies that are focusing on pump and dump instead of focusing on development and creating an actual currency and the adoption will follow on its own.

the things you explained such as being a lot of altcoins out there and having private keys/wallet,... are just excuses that you are coming up with to explain why the situation is so terrible right now with the altcoins.

take a look at bitcoin for instance. last year it was under a lot of attacks (spam attacks and media attacks) and fees went ridiculously high but people were still using bitcoin as payment! in fact Bitpay even reported a record breaking year for the number of payments they processed for bitcoin to merchants.
this is simply because bitcoin is designed to be a currency not a pump and dump like altcoins.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:21:17 AM

For cryptocurrencies to be adopted by the masses, wallets and exchanges has to be made simple and easy to use. Most of the time, the "masses" find it difficult and complicated.
berrygood

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 07:30:40 AM

It will eventually happen naturally, actually all the things happening out there such regulations, new concepts make the mass adoption easier.

GaryGadoot

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:22:36 AM

We all know crypto transaction and payment system are not satisfying the customers. For this reason i think they need more technological development if they want to connect new peoples in this market.
cryptowolfsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:37:50 AM

For mass adaption of cryptocurrency  we need some big players to enter the market but there is long way to go as many
obstacles are on the way. We need regulations for the market to be more  attractive for investors.

taylorsara

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:16:56 AM

Crypto currency market is not a very old concept. It is relatively a new concept in comparison to traditional market but it has gone a long way within a short period of time. It is getting popularity from all walks of life. Though there are some security issues but these will be solved soon. Moreover the existing security system is very high; we just need to have knowledge on this.
Dr.2x

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:58:24 AM

From the birth of bitcoin, crypto currency has come a long way. A lot has changed, new currency has entered the maker and more people knows about crypto currency. in order for the crypto currency to go mainstream and directly compete with fiat currency, government needs to accept it as an official method of payment. This process will take time but it is good to be hopeful
harrypot

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:14:47 PM

cryptocurrency is a place where knowing the place is main formula to earn profit , and you also have to find the right coin for investing market value are increasing on daily base so for taking the crypto mainstream you must have to know how to find the solutions for market ups and downs
DwaneJacky

Activity: 68

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:06:59 PM

Actually its up to you based on this some are like fiat money also some are crypto based on this time changing so we are getting modernize based on this yes, I take this as a mainstream so I am moving with digital tech which have good future value and I also benefited.
novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 06:28:40 PM

I am waiting for it. Wish to come one day when I can pay with my mobile wallet in the supermarket. I would think that the X day came. I hope to have enough amount to spend a good amount for some valuable things. For now I just discovered one online service - purse.io.

singlecrytpo

Activity: 137
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:33:20 PM

I truly beieve that the way to mass adoption would be stablecoins and scalability.

Personally been a huge fan of Havven and what they're doing to get people to use stablecoins. In terms of scalability, I think that's pretty obvious
Fitrilalala

Activity: 248
Merit: 10

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:35:50 PM

This means, people will need to have multiple wallets, private keys to be fully decentralized and this still means they are subject to different form of threats in the form of hacks, DDOS attacks and more. Unlike the traditional banking systems which has a lot of safety nets against malicious attacks and the currencies are less volatile.

I think what we can do now is to spread the word. You should tell your friend, family or brother and sister about it and join a group of cryptocurrency in your town or via telegram and keep active to discuss the cryptocurrency. I believe that the only thing we can do to support crypto to become mainstream

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
jaythelingly

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 08:03:30 PM

To take crypto mainstream what we need to do is increasinh the adaption of it among mass. For this we need to clear out the misconceptions they have about crypto and make them understand about the bright side of it. Hope this will help.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: