Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:04:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What percent of ICO's are scam, on your opinion?  (Read 160 times)
buttonpro (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:34:27 PM

Is there any statistic about what percent of ICO are scam? Did anyone make some research?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tankdestroyer

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:44:40 PM

Is there any statistic about what percent of ICO are scam?
I believe this article that I am about to mention will answer your question. According to statistics, roughly 80% of ICO's nowadays are scams and only 8% reaches an exchange. Another source claims that 81% of ICO's eventually become scam but since the former one is the more credible source, let's stick with it but for comparisons' sake, feel free to read both articles.
WhaleTank

Activity: 172
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 01:58:10 PM

97% of ICOs are scam
buttonpro (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:01:56 PM

Is there any statistic about what percent of ICO are scam?
I believe this article that I am about to mention will answer your question. According to statistics, roughly 80% of ICO's nowadays are scams and only 8% reaches an exchange. Another source claims that 81% of ICO's eventually become scam but since the former one is the more credible source, let's stick with it but for comparisons' sake, feel free to read both articles.
Many thanks, I think that the second article used the same research as the first.
jetjet

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:04:33 PM

ICO is half dead! There are still many ico that is successful nowadays. I think its because of ico are so many and very crowded in the ecosystem that's why there are many ico not successful in their fund raising. We know for sure that a crowded market makes investors confuse on the right project to chose.
andyosh

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:17:35 PM

ICO is half dead! There are still many ico that is successful nowadays. I think its because of ico are so many and very crowded in the ecosystem that's why there are many ico not successful in their fund raising. We know for sure that a crowded market makes investors confuse on the right project to chose.

The problem was that basically investing in any ICOs in 2017 predominantly led to returns. There was an interesting statistic that I read from VC Mangrove capital that said that there was an average +13.2x return for investors for ICO had investors blindly invested in every on to date, including those that failed. There was an obvious bubble around these new crowdfunding mechanisms and people just threw their money at projects without even reading whitepapers  Huh

I don't know how interesting it is to know what portion of ICOs are scams or not but I think it is better to learn about what kind of problems are being solved by [Suspicious link removed]panies and then invest based on what solutions future/existing companies have. Sorry if I responded differently to the question you ask but I believe maybe you asked this because you are not sure about the market as a whole. I'm not saying that I am either but perhaps my answer will give you extra info (perhaps not :p).
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:21:48 PM

Is there any statistic about what percent of ICO are scam? Did anyone make some research?
There's no exact statistics before on the percentage of it but here's what I found out.

New Study: 80% of ICOs are Scams, Only 8% Reach an Exchange

Statistics Show Nearly 81% of ICOs Eventually Become Scams

Are 80% of ICOs Scams? Statis Group LLC Stat Overview

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
mr_smith99
Copper Member

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:22:55 PM

More than 75% are scams..  Shocked
Bile123

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:31:58 PM

According to my observations, scammers became a little more than before. At least 20%. In connection with the growth of the crypto currency and a large demand. Therefore, I advise you to choose more carefully the ICO-companies. More rely on the experience of others and of course reviews.
Mt. Dempo

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:32:14 PM

Almost 100% scam, maybe from 1000 ico only available 10 which is not a scam. Very difficult to choose and analyze the current ico, the average looks very promising and interesting. I am curious, is this all controlled by a large corporation or a group? Because I see it very professional and got a lot of support.

🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵  Agareum  🔵  Multiplayer gaming platform, gamified version of an airdrop  🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵
https://agareum.com
seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:40:33 PM

Nobody knows correct answer about what percent of ICO's are scam but i know that more ICOs = more scams. Our hard task is to choose ICO with hype like QuarkChain and invest in it to get quick profits after coin listed on exchange even ICO is scam.
Dextord

Activity: 335
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:11:10 PM

I think a lot of the factors that cause them a scam carry a run for the money and or because sales do not reach them a scam, maybe 70% ico scam out there
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:21:29 PM

What do you think about that just simple as addition and subtraction?theres more scames happened in the past and it will take how long just to tally all of this.

Theres simple way to find out,join ico and be a victim so you could find that more than 90% of this project are scammers
Jentamicing

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:31:12 PM

To my own opinion, there are a lot of bounty campaigns out there that have a massive rewards for the campaigners.but in the end it's a shit. So as far as I'm concerned, about 90 percent of ico projects are scam.
crypto1010

Activity: 581
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:32:55 PM

I have not come across such a research buti know that for every 100 ico projects atleast two will turn out to be scams and its very scary for investors that have little knowledge about the right procedure of crypto investments but smart investors know that research is a primary step and investing what you can afford to lose is the secondary step...
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:36:01 PM

I would like to say 99%.
Because ICO nowadays is not really make a real product, they just want their token listed in exchange and sell all their tokens they hold.
But if you really careful choosing a ICO and what ICO that really make a real product, you will be safe.
bitcoinking11

Activity: 378
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:43:18 PM

I think that 30 percent of the ICOs are a scam, I have participated a few ICOs over the past few months that have turned out to a scam, as I haven't got any rewards. So much valuable time have been wasted.
anjohyx

Activity: 451
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:53:11 PM

I think more than 80% ICO is scam, ICO give you high profit return if it's a promising project, but don't guarantee investor must earn money from their ICO, even profit raised more than $20 Millions, based on current market, investor also lost more than 50% of ICO price, but I think there are 10% is promising and potential ICO, investor need to learn hard and find it out, good luck

Andruha1993

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 04:21:22 PM

In my opinion ICO scammers to date is 70%. And I think their number will grow with each month. And this can not be stopped, to a great extent.
fathur01

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:36:34 PM

There are a lot of such studies and in General they say that now about 85 percent of the ICO are fraud. It is worth noting that there are projects that do not conduct ICO, but simply negotiate with investors and such projects are quite good.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: