Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:06:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TUSD or USDT?  (Read 216 times)
Iloha000 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:56:27 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2018, 02:09:54 PM by Iloha000

There are two cryptocurrency True USD and Tether. The capitalization of both currency are insane! However, Tether is risky because of problems with audit and True USD is questionable with their system! Does someone use it? What is the main function of such coins? Fixing profit?

Does somebody know the similar coin which probably better?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:59:19 PM

There are two cryptocurrency True USD and Tether. The capitalization of both currency are insane! However, Tether is risky because of problems with audit and True USD is questionable with their system! Does someone use it? What is the main function of such coins? Fixing profit?

I think it doesn't really matter. As long as they have liquidity to get in an out of Bitcoin without all the KYC insanity which is why most people use these, any of them will do the job, and any of them are equally risky.

I don't see any reason to believe Tether is any safer than TUSD or viceversa. If anything, now that's there's competition in this field, they will try harder to be the best they can. But in any case, never hold long term any of these "USD tokens".
Iloha000 (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:02:55 PM

I think it doesn't really matter. As long as they have liquidity to get in an out of Bitcoin without all the KYC insanity which is why most people use these, any of them will do the job, and any of them are equally risky.

I don't see any reason to believe Tether is any safer than TUSD or viceversa. If anything, now that's there's competition in this field, they will try harder to be the best they can. But in any case, never hold long term any of these "USD tokens".

I still cant understand why Tether's capitalization is around 2bln when TUSD is only 80mln but the functions of both coins are the same. Can Tether's team speculate?
Honuandhonu

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:06:01 PM

I think Tusd is better than Tether, the Tether seems shady and I can't believe my investment with it.
jonalva

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 07:18:36 PM

Both these coins are at the same market place. Both are equally risky to invest in. the investor must be careful to invest in any coin in the market. if the team behind the management of the coin is strong the investor should put in their money. Yet bitcoin will still hold its place.
hassan2654

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:41:09 PM

Actually it doesn't really matter which crypto currency you are choosing to invest. You just have to do research on them properly and gather more and more knowledge about your crypto.
hodl_news

Activity: 92

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:49:25 PM

These coins exist so that you can fix your profit on an unstable cryptocurrency market. I think that Tether in this case is better, as it has long existed and cryptocurrency investors are more loyal to it.
JacobLiam12
Copper Member

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 08:48:52 PM

I think USD is doing bettter than Tether. Tether is facing some difficulties and issues and hardly being cope up with the situation.

wattcrypto

Activity: 247
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:57:12 PM

You should really look into Havven. I think their stablecoin model is the best out there in comparison to trueusd and tether.

They have a dual token system and are completely decentralized. https://havven.io/
barsametu01

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:54:21 PM

As far as i know TUSD is better than USDT. Because investors are giving positive review of TUST it’s a advantage for them. On the other hand people are not believe USDT for invest.
PaulTrace

Activity: 61

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:05:18 AM

Both of these coins have their perks and cons. But in the end they are all treated the same and the risk associated with them are quite similar and does not put much impact for the users. As long as the coins have the capacity to be able to get in and out of bitcoins, any one can be used.

Yudhisthir

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:11:05 AM

They are an important tool for day traders. Easy exchange to a more stable token by price would enable maximum profit.
Crypto are volatile and hence can led to large rise or fall.
Tether is a more accepted form as many of exchanges support it. I do use them a lot but never to witdraw just to make sure I don't have larges losses on bearish market.
sunlitit654

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:25:31 AM

Nowadays a lot of coins are developed and updated with new innovatives but as all of them try to serve the same purpose they end up being the same. So I think all of them are equally risky. Now it depends on you who you want to invest on, taking the risk.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:26:55 AM

i don't really trust any pegged coin, but if i had to i'd settle on the longest lasting one with the most vested interests in keeping it healthy. that means tether.
raimslii

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:42:17 AM

I think both USDT and TUSD are good and have the same function. This is a good way for capital to enter the market. At the moment, TUSD or USDT is equal to $ so it is still safe to invest when the value is not reduced.
farnandezetn

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:46:45 PM

This does not really matter much. As long as these coins are liquid enough to be able to make the coins get in an out of Bitcoin without any hassle, that is why people prefer these. Long story short, both of them are equally risky, and it doesn't even matter which one is used.
jonalva

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 12:59:47 PM

tusd is a stable price currency it value fixes as USD, on the other side usdt is similar to USD in some places they don't accept dollar there you have to use it, these both have their own place in the market,it both are unique and useful so there is no way to compare them it's up to the user which one they need as per their demand
NOTORIOUST1

Activity: 93

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:15:09 PM

i like USDT just because it's available on most exchanges and it serves the same purpose which is a great way for capital to enter the market as for me it's a good way also to secure your profits in a coin that's doesn't face much volatility. i know that a lot of people have a problem with USDT and it's USD backed coins but i've seen audit reports from them and they try to be as transparent as they can.
singlecrytpo

Activity: 137
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:41:31 PM

Guys, everyone shoudl read this article that talks about all of the stablecoins on the market: https://www.forbes.com/sites/shermanlee/2018/03/12/explaining-stable-coins-the-holy-grail-of-crytpocurrency/#1d25a9844fc6

My personal favorite is Havven. Dual token system and truly decentralized. Great team too.
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:46:31 PM

If you're worried about tethering your crypto to a stable coin, then why not just cash it out? technically you are right, tether is more risky of the two, though TUSD may also face similar challenges in the future, and most exchanges only offer one of these, not both.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: