Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:45:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deleting forum account  (Read 1671 times)
Octopuss (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:21:56 AM

What am I supposed to do in order to have my account deleted? After some searching I found some posts saying I should PM theymos, which I did twice, and he never responded.

P.S. Please do not give me useless advices along the lines of "stop going here" or "have yourself banned" or whatever.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3074

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 09:22:58 AM

What am I supposed to do in order to have my account deleted? After some searching I found some posts saying I should PM theymos, which I did twice, and he never responded.

P.S. Please do not give me useless advices along the lines of "stop going here" or "have yourself banned" or whatever.

Short answer is Theymos.  He is the only person that could delete your account, but he will not do it.  There is no reason for him to bother when you can just change your email address and change your password and never log on again.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:57:16 PM

at least make a couple of altcoins before you go. 

everyone else is doing it.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:29:26 AM

You just can't delete your account, or ask others to delete it.

BTW, even if your account is banned, it will not be deleted. Smiley
Octopuss (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:20:03 AM

I'd like theymos' statement on this rather than speculations.
Judging by other threads here, and looking at the help section, it should be technically possible. Heck over at Litecointalk you can do it yourself, and it looks like the same forum software.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:28:54 AM

Judging by other threads here, and looking at the help section, it should be technically possible. Heck over at Litecointalk you can do it yourself, and it looks like the same forum software.
We don't delete accounts anymore, because it is quite a bit of work. Before an account is deleted, theymos has to do at least the following:
1) Make sure that the account wasn't hacked.
2) Check for any existing scam accusations against the person.
3) Check their outbound PMs for scammy behavior.

This is a long, painful process, so theymos just doesn't do it anymore.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 07:33:52 AM

He's said before he doesn't do it anymore.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Octopuss (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:05:24 PM

We don't delete accounts anymore, because it is quite a bit of work. Before an account is deleted, theymos has to do at least the following:
1) Make sure that the account wasn't hacked.
2) Check for any existing scam accusations against the person.
3) Check their outbound PMs for scammy behavior.

This is a long, painful process, so theymos just doesn't do it anymore.
I don't think checking an account with zero entries in the trust thing and no PMs would take too long.
But whatever...

Not replying is rude though.
Raya

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:07:20 PM

This is stupid. As a member of EU I have right to request deletion of an account. Is there any evidence in forum rules that I cannot request or I am not egilible to do so? Site owner can still sell my account somewhere if he have access to database even without the knowledge of my password. Dont you think its a bit unfair? People have right to request deletion and site owner must be willing to provide such a option or at least fulfill such a requestvotherwise user can take legal action against site owner. I am not saying I want to Delete just saying that site owner must provide such a option.

I doubt this would stand up in court because the owner is in charge of the forum.

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:34:09 PM

Maybe but if you have a good lawyer it is possible to win.

Talk is so cheap and you aren't the only one that has spouted off to intimidate with "lawyer" tactics. I say get a lawyer, spend tons of money and we will watch you go down in flames. It will fun entertainment! When is the blessed event going to take place? Maybe we should get a pool together, place a few bets.  Cool

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:47:05 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 04:57:29 PM by KWH

Maybe but if you have a good lawyer it is possible to win.

Talk is so cheap and you aren't the only one that has spouted off to intimidate with "lawyer" tactics. I say get a lawyer, spend tons of money and we will watch you go down in flames. It will fun entertainment! When is the blessed event going to take place? Maybe we should get a pool together, place a few bets.  Cool

I am not telling that I want to delete I am saying that if you have a good lawyer you can win in this case. So please read first. This forum is about money and some people here have money to spend fortune just to have a fun and make bitcointalk to actually do what they want. Government is not so keen about bitcoin so I think they will be more on the user side.

I read first, and through all the laughing, replied. Sorry to burst your bubble but hiring a good lawyer won't guarantee you success. Laws vary from state to state and country to country. You don't understand this forum isn't a government owned website. You play by the owners rules or be gone. It really is that simple.
We await your lawyers arrival, let the odds commence.  Roll Eyes Grin

Edit for humor:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:01:26 PM

It does not matter if its not owned by government well actually thats better because you will not be actually in court aganst government but against private owner. If site owner have his own rules it does not mean that law is on his side in full. I can state on my website that every material I publish on my website is my property and I can put there any material even if I did not made it. Does that statement actually make me the owner of that material? I doubt so. The statement that owner of site can make any rules and users must be playing by them does not mean it actually is right by the real rules made bu government. You didnt catched my point I am not against bitcointalk or whatever but this may cause troubles in the future.

Again, put your money where your mouth is and start the process.

Albert Einstein
Caesium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:06:39 PM

It does not matter if its not owned by government well actually thats better because you will not be actually in court aganst government but against private owner. If site owner have his own rules it does not mean that law is on his side in full. I can state on my website that every material I publish on my website is my property and I can put there any material even if I did not made it. Does that statement actually make me the owner of that material? I doubt so. The statement that owner of site can make any rules and users must be playing by them does not mean it actually is right by the real rules made bu government. You didnt catched my point I am not against bitcointalk or whatever but this may cause troubles in the future.

Again, put your money where your mouth is and start the process.

I'd be quite interested in the outcome if you did bother. What are the data protection laws where theymos is based? Would he be entitled to use forum donations to fund his defence?

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:52:37 PM

germany has something called "Verbraucherschutzverein" which sue's companys which dont follow german privacy laws. they dont do it for the cash - just to make sure germans get their right Wink

i dont care about account deletion btw. and i dont think bitcointalk has anything to fear as long as they dont plan to open an office inside eu.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: