Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:11:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][IXI] IXIAN | Blockchain Reinvented | Chat Messenger | Scalable | NO ICO |  (Read 422245 times)
Kharz

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:42:02 PM

wow 2,000,000,000 Ixi tokens? I think it is very large amount of token supply. I don't see about how much the price for 1 token. Can you tell me about the price to be?
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ixian (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 05:53:08 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2018, 07:02:33 PM by Ixian

You write that you are going to build a new Internet. Will it be built on the basis of the already available Internet or will it work autonomously?
maybe to build a new internet, you need a lot of things, for example careful planning, system experts, and a large community, that sounds very ambitious, but if you will make the internet easier to use with existing basic systems, it's not impossible, and it sounds more fun, I am very interested in knowing your team more, and hopefully the team can be relied on well to achieve all the missions that have been planned

The internet as a transport layer and the infrastructure itself works just fine, so in our opinion we don't need to build a "new" internet. Main issue with the internet today is getting the data from one user to the other user securely without the need for centralized (trusted) systems and costs connected to them. Ixian aims to overcome these problems using a custom made blockchain-like technology that runs on top of the existing internet infrastructure.

Ixian DLT network handles transactions and manages Ixi coins in a similar way that other crypto currencies do. It also maintains a presence list of other nodes, which can be Ixian DLT nodes, Ixian S2 nodes or end-user clients (i.e. Spixi).
Ixian S2 network while using the DLT network, handles secure end to end data transfer between users.

With these 2 platforms operating side by side anyone now has the ability to build a range of secure applications that previously required large amounts of centralized servers and bandwidth (and in turn large investments in infrastructure) to handle large amounts of users.
Imagine streaming a video securely in Full HD to a user. You would require about 5 Mbps of upload bandwidth at home to do this. Not a big deal right? Now imagine if you wanted to stream this same video to 1000 users at the same time. You would require 5Gbps of upload bandwidth and servers that can handle the load. Ixian technology will allow other nodes connected to the network to "re-stream" your video to users (on-demand scaling), giving any content the ability to scale with users for all practical purposes infinitely.

So it would be correct to say that we are evolving the way everybody is using the internet, while at the same time making the entire experience more secure. We are hoping that as Ixian technology evolves and adoption grows, it will be easier to replace some centralized systems, which are quite wasteful in terms of energy and resources.

You can find more information on https://www.ixian.io
Ixian (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 12:17:02 PM

Hi, I have setup some nodes on my machine. I see that I need 2k ixis in the wallet to participate, but i dont understand how to get it? I created an account already.

Thank you for helping us with tests.
To get the necessary 2000 IXIs, you have to create an account on https://www.ixian.io first, then register your Ixian address in "My Testnet Addresses" section of your dashboard.
Your Ixian address is displayed when starting Ixian DLT.
You can also view your Ixian address using the localhost:8081 web UI when the DLT is running.
Detailed instructions can be found here: https://www.ixian.io/?page=post&title=Ixian+DLT+Setup+Guide

Tnx for clearing it out Smiley i wasnt sure if i did everything correctly

So for test to be successful, i need to try client also or just these nodes?

Thank you for participating in our Testnet minexhudex. Running the nodes is sufficient at the time, and Spixi client will be available soon. We will post all developments and updates in this thread and on our website, stay tuned Smiley
Ixian (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 12:14:57 PM

wow 2,000,000,000 Ixi tokens? I think it is very large amount of token supply. I don't see about how much the price for 1 token. Can you tell me about the price to be?

We're actually worried it won't be enough. 2 billion Ixi coins (not tokens!) is just the pre-mine. With PoW and PoS we expect to have over 50 billion Ixi coins in circulation in 5 years. Reasoning behind it is mostly that we expect Ixis to be heavily used for micro-transactions (paying per transferred kilobyte of data). If you consider a million people streaming a video in Full HD at the same time, they'll be transferring a whopping 5120 Gbps if you factor this in with our estimated initial price of 0.0002 Ixi per kB of relayed data, you'll notice that just for that we would need about 640 million Ixis per second to be transacted.

Ixi coin is intended to actually be used and not HODL, as such the supply must be big enough to cater to all of Ixians needs.

Note that the 2 billion pre-mine will be used in the following way:
- 1 billion Ixis reserved as a team reward and will be released to the team gradually
- 1 billion Ixis will be used for partners (~50%), bounty rewards (~10%), sold off on an exchange (~10%), reserves (~30%)

Actual initial price of 1 Ixi in USD will be determined by the free market. We estimate it at around 0.003 USD per 1 Ixi.
minexhudex

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 04:30:48 PM

So I am now running both nodes, and later in mainnet, from what I understood, I can mine Ixi coins? What is the difference between the nodes, do I get ixis from running both nodes? Im not sure I understand the combination of mining and staking in this case. Tnx!
green dragoon

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:38:43 PM

We're actually worried it won't be enough. 2 billion Ixi coins (not tokens!) is just the pre-mine. With PoW and PoS we expect to have over 50 billion Ixi coins in circulation in 5 years. Reasoning behind it is mostly that we expect Ixis to be heavily used for micro-transactions (paying per transferred kilobyte of data). If you consider a million people streaming a video in Full HD at the same time, they'll be transferring a whopping 5120 Gbps if you factor this in with our estimated initial price of 0.0002 Ixi per kB of relayed data, you'll notice that just for that we would need about 640 million Ixis per second to be transacted.

Ixi coin is intended to actually be used and not HODL, as such the supply must be big enough to cater to all of Ixians needs.

- 1 billion Ixis reserved as a team reward and will be released to the team gradually
- 1 billion Ixis will be used for partners (~50%), bounty rewards (~10%), sold off on an exchange (~10%), reserves (~30%)

Actual initial price of 1 Ixi in USD will be determined by the free market. We estimate it at around 0.003 USD per 1 Ixi.

So for each transfer of data (this means sending pictures and streaming video?) user have to pay ixi coins, but sending messages will be free? Why would i use this if I can transfer data for free?
Ixian (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 11:46:05 PM

So I am now running both nodes, and later in mainnet, from what I understood, I can mine Ixi coins? What is the difference between the nodes, do I get ixis from running both nodes? Im not sure I understand the combination of mining and staking in this case. Tnx!

Users can earn Ixis in different ways:
- running a DLT node (mining, staking and collecting transaction fees),
Users will soon get the chance to test mining during the Testnet phase simply by running the Ixian DLT node. Staking works by running the Ixian DLT node as well, but requires Ixi balance in the wallet. So essentially users will be able to earn Ixi coins by mining and by proof of stake at the same time.

- running an S2 node (collecting fees by relaying data between users),
Ixian S2 nodes are required to transfer data between users. By running an S2 node, users help in securing and scaling the Ixian  streaming network and as such are paid in Ixi coins for each kB of data transferred through their node.

Ixian (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 04:29:46 PM

So for each transfer of data (this means sending pictures and streaming video?) user have to pay ixi coins, but sending messages will be free? Why would i use this if I can transfer data for free?

Hi Green Dragoon, thank you for your question!

Transfer of data across the Ixian S2 Network can be performed in different ways:
-   Directly between users that are directly publicly connectable. In this case the data transfer is performed directly and no transfer fees are charged.
-   Through a Relay Node (Ixian S2 Node which is a part of the S2 Network). This is used when users are not directly publicly connectable. The data is transferred via a Relay Node which in this case collects a transfer fee.

Transfer fees represent the main revenue generated by the network and are used for incentivizing users to run S2 Network Nodes, which are essential for the integrity of the S2 Network. Transfer fees are collected in IXIs, regardless of the type of data that is transferred (messages, photos, live streaming of videos, etc.)
Transferring data through S2 Network is private, secure and encrypted.

The decentralized architecture allows for a no down-time service (because there is no central point of failure which would compromise communication, it also prevents data collection by service provider or any third party involved), and at the same time enables developers to easily scale their services, by using a larger number of S2 nodes to reach countless recipients with no delay and server costs.
We encourage you to read more about it in our Whitepaper in the section which describes the functionality and operation of the Ixian S2 Network.

shakawaski

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:33:46 PM

What would you say is the biggest advantage of using blockchain for this?
Ixian (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 04:11:37 PM

What would you say is the biggest advantage of using blockchain for this?

Hello shakawaski, thank you for your question.

Since it is quite broad its hard to answer it in a simple post, but generally the biggest advantage that blockchain brings to our project lies in establishing a "trustless" system, while the network itself operates at 100% uptime and with zero administrative costs. That allows Ixian to replace certain outdated and costly solutions on the market.

If you have any other specific question, we will be more than happy to answer it.
Ozinzin

Activity: 178
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:47:14 PM

Hey. I have a question, are there any plans for a discord in the future?
Ixian (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 07:39:41 PM

Hey. I have a question, are there any plans for a discord in the future?

Hello Ozinzin,

we are already active on Discord, and you are welcome to join our server on the following link:

https://discord.gg/pdJNVhv

We are looking forward to chatting with you Smiley
zapauctions

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:57:52 AM

I think technology is revolutionizing Blockchain way we interact with each other and here at Ixian, I believe that everyone should benefit from the shift pattern and the possibilities it brings. It allows people to create new revenue streams easily by charging for their work. Kiss Kiss
Kutaxi

Activity: 167

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 01:53:07 AM

Is the bounty campaign already available now? i have been waiting for it since a long time ago  Grin
I want to participate in this project.
Ixian (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 03:23:13 PM

Is the bounty campaign already available now? i have been waiting for it since a long time ago  Grin
I want to participate in this project.

Hello Kutaxi!

Thank you for your interest, we are very happy that you are eager to get involved with Ixian.
During the last period we have been working hard, and we managed to solve a number of issues which arose during the Testnet phase. We are excited that Ixian Mainnet is finally approaching.
The launch itself is set to happen in the coming days. After that we will be publishing all the details regarding bounty campaigns and other potential forms of community participation. 

We are aware that the success of this project depends mainly on the involvement of the community, and we are happy that you want to be a part of it!
KnightRiderus

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:27:48 PM

im certainly not a professional in the market fees, but such an amount of tokens in this market with the usual functionality it seems to me very problematic. the price can collapse very badly after entering the stock exchanges simply because psychologically large numbers on the monitor lead to this.
Ixian (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 06:07:04 PM

im certainly not a professional in the market fees, but such an amount of tokens in this market with the usual functionality it seems to me very problematic. the price can collapse very badly after entering the stock exchanges simply because psychologically large numbers on the monitor lead to this.

Hi KnightRiderus,

Thank you for your insight regarding the total supply of Ixis and its potentially hazardous influence on the market capitalization or price per coin.

By reviewing the cryptocurrencies with the highest circulating supply, we can conclude that the supply itself has little impact on determining the price of each cryptocurrency. In each case we are witnessing currencies with 2bn or higher circulating supply and around 100M$ and higher market capitalization for each cryptocurrency. The “price collapse” you mentioned doesn’t seem to be associated with the circulating supply of a specific cryptocurrency.

We are aware that the amount of Ixis seems high at a first glance (if you read this thread carefully you will notice that the circulating supply will increase from the initial 2 billion to 50 billion Ixis in the next 5 years and the reasoning behind it, see quote bellow).

As was mentioned before, Ixi as a cryptocurrency (we have to state again in this case that Ixi is not a token) has a defined utilitarian value, that will help determine its price on the free market.

grockvsmartis

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 03:08:20 AM

when are you rolling out your bounty campaigns? Grin

We'll launch the bounty campaigns with the release of Ixian mainnet. Hopefully within a month or two.
Now are October and i didn't see anywhere bounty about this project. i see bounty manager using signature about this project but i didn't see a bounty about the project so far.
Ixian (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 12:07:34 PM

when are you rolling out your bounty campaigns? Grin

We'll launch the bounty campaigns with the release of Ixian mainnet. Hopefully within a month or two.
Now are October and i didn't see anywhere bounty about this project. i see bounty manager using signature about this project but i didn't see a bounty about the project so far.

Hello grockvsmartis,

We are very excited that you are eager to get involved in this project.
All the details of the bounty campaign are being finalized and the campaign is set to launch within the next 2 days. A Bounty thread will be created in this time and a link to it posted in the OP of this thread.

We are looking forward to get the community involved in the project!
BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 07:45:08 AM

Bounty Campaign is LIVE : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5074772.0
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: