Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:36:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: List of useful materials on economics  (Read 226 times)
opg777 (OP)

Activity: 170
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:16:37 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2018, 07:45:06 AM by opg777
Merited by foserfox (2)

With the arrival of newbie to the forum, I consider it necessary to push them in the first place, to learning and self-development. Many coming to the forum think that making money on the crypto currency is very simple, you do not need any knowledge, skills. But this is not so! As with any other business here, one must learn, develop and be educated. After all, every year, the Crypto-currency increases its capitalization and more and more large companies and states accept it as a means of payment. Digital currencies are spreading wildly. They are not inferior to the functional financial system and even surpass it. Here there is a need for knowledge of the economic part. Therefore, I want to create a list of necessary literature for everyone, from beginners to already experienced users of this forum.

1.   Daron Acemoglu and James Robinson. «Why Nations Fail»
2.   Ha-Joon Chang. «Economics: The User’s Guide»
3.   N. Gregory Mankiw. «Principles of Economics»
4.   Robert Pindyck, Daniel Rubinfeld. «Microeconomics»
5.   Olivier Blanchard. «Macroeconomics»
6.   "Sheep in wolfskins", Walter Block
7.   "Capital", Karl Marx
8.   "Economics of everything", Alexander Auzan
9.   Beat the Dealer by Ed Thorp
10. The Quants, How a New Breed of Math Whizzes Conquered Wall Street and Nearly Destroyed It by Scott Peterson
11. Any book by Larry R Williams
12. For economic and financial history any book by Lewis Mumford

I call everyone who knows what useful or cognitive materials, books or articles for self-development in the economy, write in the comments will add to the list. So we help each each other. At the moment I start reading the book "Capital", Karl Marx. In advance I express my gratitude to all who will not pass by and add their opinion or fill this list with material.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ooeygooeygold

Activity: 465
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:52:53 PM

With the arrival of newbie to the forum, I consider it necessary to push them in the first place, to learning and self-development. Many coming to the forum think that making money on the crypto currency is very simple, you do not need any knowledge, skills. But this is not so! As with any other business here, one must learn, develop and be educated. After all, every year, the Crypto-currency increases its capitalization and more and more large companies and states accept it as a means of payment. Digital currencies are spreading wildly. They are not inferior to the functional financial system and even surpass it. Here there is a need for knowledge of the economic part. Therefore, I want to create a list of necessary literature for everyone, from beginners to already experienced users of this forum.

1. Daron Acemoglu and James Robinson. «Why Nations Fail»
2. Ha-Joon Chang. «Economics: The User’s Guide»
3. N. Gregory Mankiw. «Principles of Economics»
4. Robert Pindyck, Daniel Rubinfeld. «Microeconomics»
5. Olivier Blanchard. «Macroeconomics»
6. "Sheep in wolfskins", Walter Block
7. "Capital", Karl Marx
8. "Economics of everything", Alexander Auzan

I call everyone who knows what useful or cognitive materials, books or articles for self-development in the economy, write in the comments will add to the list. So we help each each other. At the moment I start reading the book "Capital", Karl Marx. In advance I express my gratitude to all who will not pass by and add their opinion or fill this list with material.
I have read three of the eight books here, which are very important documents that financial investors need to grasp, these are the experiences of successful investors in the world and it is What we need to learn. Get a lot of knowledge for yourself and that will help you succeed.
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2169

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:03:19 PM

The world is changing. Nowadays the new blockchain technologies started to influence the traditional economy. Yes, these books are good and give a knowledge about the basic economical concepts, but we need to learn how crypto currencies should be inculcated to the traditional markets.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1498

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:18:23 PM

7. "Capital", Karl Marx

The literature you have mentioned is based on the traditional economy where Banks and governments play the major role. However, the world of economy is quickly changing. With the introduction of crypto currency in to the sector, has taken the game to another playing field. Soon these books need to be re-written or they will loose their significance. 

Aveatrex

Activity: 840
Merit: 375

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:27:09 PM

7. "Capital", Karl Marx

The literature you have mentioned is based on the traditional economy where Banks and governments play the major role. However, the world of economy is quickly changing. With the introduction of crypto currency in to the sector, has taken the game to another playing field. Soon these books need to be re-written or they will loose their significance. 
You are right,I did read some economics books I've found in my local library classified as "popular" and yeah when involved in cryptocurrency world it's hard to keep up with these kind of books because it simply changed your state of mind.It's unfortunate but I don't find alot of books about economics integrating cryptocurrency.The day when we will start seeing local libraries selling books about crypto will be the day that a lot of people will become aware of what's happening because in my opinion books can reach people more than internet.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:50:41 AM

7. "Capital", Karl Marx

For crypto exchange trading, I think common book recommendations would be things like.

• Beat the Dealer by Ed Thorp
  • The Quants, How a New Breed of Math Whizzes Conquered Wall Street and Nearly Destroyed It by Scott Peterson
  • Any book by Larry R Williams
  • For economic and financial history any book by Lewis Mumford

There are many armchair economists who never apply their knowledge to markets or actual economic conditions. They have academic credentials but never put their theories or politics to the test. It is dangerous to create economic policies which could affect billions of lives on data, theories or perspectives which are relatively untested--as economic academia trends towards.

The best economic and financial content, in my humble opinion, comes from people who have tried to apply their economic and financial theories within a real world context.

When Warren Buffett and Bill Gates comment on crypto, I think many recognize neither of them has made any real attempt to validate or test their views on bitcoin. This makes their stance appear uninformed and immature. Many armchair economists are the same as Buffett and Gates commenting on crypto. They have many economic and financial views but they have made no attempt at testing or informing themselves on current affairs or how things really work outside an academic theoretical perspective.
opg777 (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:58:50 AM

7. "Capital", Karl Marx

Yes, but I think we need to learn everything from the beginning, because when we study history at school, we are taught it not from the year when we were born, but the whole story from the beginning to our days. Unfortunately, I do not have an economic education, so I'll try to understand it here, and I'll probably help newbie. Smiley Smiley Smiley
elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:25:20 PM

-snip-

Yes, but I think we need to learn everything from the beginning, because when we study history at school, we are taught it not from the year when we were born, but the whole story from the beginning to our days. Unfortunately, I do not have an economic education, so I'll try to understand it here, and I'll probably help newbie. Smiley Smiley Smiley

Your analogy, I think is not quite correct. Learning the history and economy is different, they have different subjects to discuss and different methods to learn. I appreciate your spirit and willingness to learn economy, and I don't think learning about the traditional economy is still bad, 'cause the principal still stays the same. Currencies/cryptocurrencies are just a small portion of the economic spaces.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:36:29 PM

-snip-

Your analogy, I think is not quite correct. Learning the history and economy is different, they have different subjects to discuss and different methods to learn. I appreciate your spirit and willingness to learn economy, and I don't think learning about the traditional economy is still bad, 'cause the principal still stays the same. Currencies/cryptocurrencies are just a small portion of the economic spaces.

In fact, there are many economic principles which can be put to use and applied with cryptocurrencies. Whether traditional or historical, an economy will continously have the same principles regardless of time. This is why it’s best to study about the economy even if you think that cryptocurrencies are totally different. History is an entirely different concept, but its worthy to study the history of economics otherwise.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:34:01 PM

There are better micro and macroeconomics books, but I doubt anybody here would even would even bother to learn economics voluntarily. This is a lost cause, learning economics on your own without any interest and without any tutor would make it seem boring. I personally love economics and have more than basic knowledge on micro and macroeconomi theories, but I do find the book by Daron Acemoglu and James Robinson on Why Nations Fail interesting. Thanks OP for that, I might check that out, just get a glimpse to see how good it is. Its been a while since I learnt economics, but I want to read that book.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Deubila

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:04:52 AM

Today's documents are very much in the technological age. The important thing is you need something to do in the future. You may want to read the content you are looking for and then learn who has succeeded in that area.
Next you should learn the most recent time skills applied, as some of the materials may only be applied at that time and the current one is no longer usable. Good Luck!
o_freeman

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:13:32 AM

7. "Capital", Karl Marx

For crypto exchange trading, I think common book recommendations would be things like.

• Beat the Dealer by Ed Thorp
  • The Quants, How a New Breed of Math Whizzes Conquered Wall Street and Nearly Destroyed It by Scott Peterson
  • Any book by Larry R Williams
  • For economic and financial history any book by Lewis Mumford

There are many armchair economists who never apply their knowledge to markets or actual economic conditions. They have academic credentials but never put their theories or politics to the test. It is dangerous to create economic policies which could affect billions of lives on data, theories or perspectives which are relatively untested--as economic academia trends towards.

The best economic and financial content, in my humble opinion, comes from people who have tried to apply their economic and financial theories within a real world context.

When Warren Buffett and Bill Gates comment on crypto, I think many recognize neither of them has made any real attempt to validate or test their views on bitcoin. This makes their stance appear uninformed and immature. Many armchair economists are the same as Buffett and Gates commenting on crypto. They have many economic and financial views but they have made no attempt at testing or informing themselves on current affairs or how things really work outside an academic theoretical perspective.

That is very true. Most of these economists have their heads buried in theory and don't recognize the real application in the real world. That's why these theories become so detached and abstract as they try to fabricate experiments or take samples that are too small just to validate their point.

Floor traders have direct accountability for their actions and therefore know very well what works or doesn't work. An investment banker has no consequence to pay if they recommend you the wrong product. Read Nassim Taleb - Skin in the Game. It's the best book to come out so far this year.

Also, Taleb's Black Swan is important to understand possible "tail risks" or extreme events. These are very common in crypto as we see massive market swings quite often.
davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 906

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:17:09 AM

OP,you forgot to mention the John Maynard Keynes book in your list.It`s fundamental for the history of economics.
Anyway,I prefer self-help books about how to make money,like "Rich dad,poor dad" by Robert Kiyosaki.
It simplifies a lot of the financial knowledge and it`s very newbie-friendly.

crypto success

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:34:53 AM

Are you talking about list of useful materials on economics as it relates to DIGITAL currency or about fiat currency? if your answer is yes on what i call "Digital currency economics" then the list of materials you listed may be of little or no help, currently i am writing a book titled "crypto Bible as it relates to economics" what-out for it these are the like of materials we need for the ongoing economic revolution by digital currency.
BrookPotter

Activity: 159
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 06:14:40 PM
Merited by opg777 (1)

Hi, great that you want to help beginners, I was just looking for interesting literature on self-development. The list is quite large I think it'll be a long time to read. The main thing that it is very useful and I find many new things. I advise all beginners to start with educating themselves first! I adhere to a position before taking it is necessary to give something. So I decided to Supplement Your list of literature with which I have read and recommend to everyone.
Manuel Castells Pekka Himanen The Information Society and Welfare State The Finnish Model
A. Hinstein – crisis
Principles of Marketing - Philip Kotler, Gary Armstrong
Varian. Intermediate Microeconomics: A Modern Approach
Financial Analysis Tools and Techniques: A Guide for Managers
Robert Carbaugh. International Economics, 10th edition.
Also at the moment I'm reading a book «Robert Kiyosaki, Sharon Lechter, "cashflow Quadrant» Excellent book! I learned the secrets of capital allocation. It will be useful for novice investors!
opg777 (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 06:25:52 PM

Are you talking about list of useful materials on economics as it relates to DIGITAL currency or about fiat currency? if your answer is yes on what i call "Digital currency economics" then the list of materials you listed may be of little or no help, currently i am writing a book titled "crypto Bible as it relates to economics" what-out for it these are the like of materials we need for the ongoing economic revolution by digital currency.
I believe that not all newcomers are familiar with conventional financial system. For example, I came to the world of cryptocurrencies without knowing the rules of the traditional financial system. It broadens the mind. You, too, advise read. Book for self-development is useful to all. Although my answer could be this at the moment I did something useful for users, and You may have misunderstood me. I'm sorry if I sounded rude.)))
Haunebu

Activity: 3038
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 06:58:07 PM

Useful stuff op, but I don't think this is the best way to help educate newbies. Instead, I feel that youtube videos would be an easier route to educating newbies regarding the fundamentals of crypto trading economics.

Some are already doing it successfully while others like Omega are planning to start soon.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 07:10:33 AM

Good books to read with regards to economy. When I first learned about crypto currency, I educated my self by reading updates, searching for words I am not aware of when reading articles, watching videos about crypto, readi g thru thia forum, learning what affects the market of crypto currency and some basics about crypto. I believe this is essential as a newbie, then experience will just make you more knowledgeable on crypto.

Let's admit, most of us doesn't like reading books and stuff. But, if you really want to learn and adapt crypto, do your self a favor, educate your self.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 10:22:22 AM

Also, Taleb's Black Swan is important to understand possible "tail risks" or extreme events. These are very common in crypto as we see massive market swings quite often.

Yaleb's book "Fooled by Randomness" is also a cracking read. So many people see patterns in random events and then come a cropper.

His book "Antifragile" is also worth a read. Antifragile things survive no matter what the circumstances and it's interesting to look at bitcoin and the various altcoins to see which has the most antifragile characteristics.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 12:03:21 PM

7.   "Capital", Karl Marx
Holy crap. This point is devaluating the entire list.

Crypto whales, exchanges and some other financial institutions may play bank's role in crypto world. Literally every market is developing on similar patterns. The same types of analysis are appliable to stocks, bonds, currencies and cryptocurrencies. No one had to rewrite all books for a new market.
Your statement is stupid and cryptocurrencies won't bring any significant changes there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: