Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:55:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] coinst: a menu driven miner installation script  (Read 692 times)
xminer2014 (OP)

Activity: 207
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:08:03 AM

Hello all miners, I just started mining recently and spent a lot of time tracking down what and which version to use, now I have made this script to make life a bit easier to install the most recent version of miners and different miners at the same time. So I decided to share this with you,

• What is this: it's an easy menu driven (either console or X/KDE/gnome) to install cgminer/sgminer/bfgminer/cpumine
  • Why: it's difficult to some users to track down the latest version of miners, cloning them from git repos, compile, ...
  • What this do: it will try to install needed system packages then clone git repos and then compile them, it will not install the binaries into your system, everything is kept in one directory and should be run in place
  • What platform does it support: only Linux atm, but osx and windows support might come if there are enough interests
  • Status: it works here Cheesy but it does need more testing. Currently there is no error handling so if something fails it will just continue to the next step.
  • How do I use it: make sure you have sudo installed and configured, download the archive and extract it with tar jxvf coinst.tgz && coinst/coinst.sh
  • TODO if there are interests: better error handling, more OS/distro support, update all miners, ...
  • Is this a virus/trojan: no, everything is written in bash, sources are open and can be inspected.
I hope this will be useful to you.
/coinst-0.0.1.tgz]Download version 0.0.1

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
slavo

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:34:52 PM

Bump !

Nice app. Enjoy your EBT's !
xminer2014 (OP)

Activity: 207
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:11:21 AM

Thanks Cheesy

It seems that the link gets censored here, get the link at https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=15312.0

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
homerzhu

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:51:53 AM

great job\
Pages: [1]