Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:50:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This is how I got hacked and lost $15, Customer support of the site hacker?  (Read 180 times)
mobnepal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:30:45 PM

I found https://upaycard.com/ which is actually a wallet which used to provide card before but I just register there few days ago and deposited 0.02BCH there (just $15). Sent a private message to their facebook page and asked them whether I can get a card right now or not and obvious reply was no not right now and we are searching for new card partner blah blah blah.

During my deposit,  I also asked live customer support how much confirmation needed for my bitcoin cash deposit and they said 6 and I said thanks.

I left the site and BCH there, next day I got 3 messages in my gmail where hacker exchanged and withdraw out my BCH in BTC from the platform in a minute and they processed it instantly  Huh

So question here is, yes I have used long password but the only person who know that I have created account there is facebook admin of upaycard and live support staff. Also this occur just next day of my account creation. Is it from their customer support staff?

Upaycard is now asking my documents, I haven't sent any support ticket to them after this incident because I want to cover some truth about loyality of their customer support here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 12:43:34 AM

It could be the staff, but then again, it's very unlikely if it was someone doing its thing through social media. In most cases staff running the social media department don't have any access to user accounts.

The only thing they can do from there is provide basic level information support, which more often than not is useless drivel for those in need of support. Did you share any precious account details with them?

Are you using the same email with the same password for multiple sites and services? It could be that there was a database hack somewhere and they now have your details. Just in case change all your passwords.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
badgerkiller

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:06:08 AM

have you checked your computer for keyloggers/trojans/etc?
mobnepal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 09:42:01 PM

Are you using the same email with the same password for multiple sites and services? It could be that there was a database hack somewhere and they now have your details. Just in case change all your passwords.
Yeah I have used same combo and I know someone have my info but here what amazed me is how they came to know that I have now opened account in upaycard and next day they tried the combo? I am quite sure that no any hacker can keep on trying to hack into same site for months, he have to search sites where I can have accounts and in my case he perfectly finds it out next day? Coincidence ? Roll Eyes I still thinks support staff have hand in this...

have you checked your computer for keyloggers/trojans/etc?

Yeah my computer is clean but one of the email pass combo I used was hacked one because I only use that to check how site looks  inside but this time I have few bucks there.
STFU!

Activity: 147
Merit: 102

"Sometimes u Need to Stop,But Doesn't Mean u Quit"

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:31:35 PM
Merited by DarkStar_ (2)

sorry to hear about your loss..
please read this review
https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/upaycard.com
https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/upaycardcom-moorwand-ltd-upaycardcom/internet/upaycardcom-moorwand-ltd-upaycardcom-upaycard-moorwand-ltd-upaycardcom-upaycardcom-u-1432924
https://www.scamguard.com/upaycardcom/

my suggestion is... do research before decide where do you want put your money.
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:31:31 PM

I left the site and BCH there, next day I got 3 messages in my gmail where hacker exchanged and withdraw out my BCH in BTC from the platform in a minute and they processed it instantly  Huh

First of all i was amazed that hackers nowadays do really still get interested to access accounts with just having a $15 fund? I dont even think or expect that there would be some interest on their part.
Upaycard is now asking my documents, I haven't sent any support ticket to them after this incident because I want to cover some truth about loyality of their customer support here.

Just give it as a donation and its just dumb to give out some documentation for the sake of $15, im not sure but i have doubt that they are involve on such loss of funds.
mobnepal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:50:10 PM

my suggestion is... do research before decide where do you want put your money.
I used to do research about a site before joining and this is the first time where hacker successfully stole my fund. This time I didn't go deep about the company as I was lured by their debit card even though I have strong doubt that they might not deliver card outside EU zone. To give them a try I deposited and left it without withdrawing out and actually that was my mistake.

I haven't heard back from them so I think their support is pretty much dead and won't reply here too. I will lock this thread and if anything new happen I will update this thread.

Thanks everyone for your suggestion.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: