Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should iCoin use Kimoto Gravity or PPC
KGW - 18 (100%)
PPC - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL][ICOIN] Change algo to KGW or keep PPC  (Read 627 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
stevenb (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:25:54 AM

Please vote so Devs can decide to use which algorithm for iCoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gravity

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:35:15 AM

Can someone please explain the difference for a newb like me, I love this coin and want what's best for it.

LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:42:36 AM

Can someone please explain the difference for a newb like me, I love this coin and want what's best for it.

I agree, an explanation would be super

▄███████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)
Gravity

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:19:23 AM

I voted for KGW based on what I read here.

Well, as Megacoin follower I can say, do it. It's a damn good improvement for the regular hashers and it ensures the network just keeps on going. Back when it was implemented in Megacoin I, as a smalltime gpu miner, noticed a huge difference. Before the Gravitiy Well, multi pools and alike would come, skyrocket difficulty, and then go away again, leaving the difficulty to be resolved by the regular hashers. That would take a while, meaning that people like me with a simple gpu would barely make a difference anymore and see very little return. Also, such high difficulty means it takes more time for the network to toss about confirmations on transactions, right?! After the implementation of Kimoto's Gravity Well the difficulty would spike just the same as soon as multi pools come rape harvesting, but as soon as they move one, the difficulty would adjust about instantly. It made mining worth while again.

With scrypt asics around the corner, will such code make a difference? I think it will. Hugely. In general, the more asics are hashing, the more the difficulty rises. The Gravity Well won't make that go away. But what you do have to fear are the asics that will join multi pools, and perhaps even more such pools then there are now. Okay, it may be the same as now, except that the difficulty spikes would become two or three times more powerful. How much time will it take to solve that and bring the network back to a workable level with the current amount of regular miners?! It will take hours and hours to recover while the network struggles. It might even take days to recover. While that's not likely since Feathercoin and Megacoin have strong networks, it will have a noticeable impact nonetheless. Coins with lesser networks should be very worried. In the past I've seen coins struggle for weeks even. In the long run that is lethal obviously.

So, yeah...

Please devs get this implemented before it goes onto coinwarz!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: